Chapter 31

CHAPTER XXXI

Klaus and Rebekah had gotten Finn. The hybrid didn't want to invite his big brother in his home, he didn't trust him, so they took him to the caves. Klaus had a secret weapon, which he hoped soften up his brother and got him to cooperate. Otherwise, he'd have to be a little harsh on Finn, and he preferred persuasion instead of torturing, after all that was still his big brother.

- You can't force me to help you! – Finn exclaimed after being thrown on the cave floor.

- I must likely could. But why force when I can persuade? – Klaus inquired, calling right after – You can come, sweetheart.

Sage stepped out of the shadows and ran to Finn, holding him.

- How did you find Finn's ex? – the Original blonde asked curiously.

- I know people who can find people, Bekah. See? – the hybrid pointed at their brother, all cozy with Sage – Easier than torturing him.

- I never stopped loving you, Finn – Sage told him, holding his face with both of her hands – I don't want you to die.

- I assumed after 900 years you would have moved one. – Finn wondered surprised to see she was still in love with him after all those years.

- I took care of myself. But I still love you. Always have, always will. Please tell me it isn't true what Klaus told me. Please tell me you aren't sacrificing yourself – she pleaded, holding him.

- This is all very romantic, but we need to talk, brother – the hybrid stated in a serious tone.

🌿🌿🌿🌿

Klaus called Elijah and told him there would be meeting at his house. He should call all others, because there was something very important they needed to know. He also said Finn was on their side now, and would be there. He was actually the one to bring the news.

Around half an hour later, they were gathered in Klaus' mansion. Elijah didn't understand why his brother had invited Finn in, he couldn't be trusted, but he decided not to say anything, for he knew Caroline's and Lukas's safety meant everything to the hybrid, he'd never jeopardize them.

- Now we are all here, I think you should let Finn break the news – Klaus told them.

Finn stared at everyone, paying special attention to the little ones, his nephew and niece. Oh, God, he could never leave them all alone in the world, completely orphan, it was a cruelty.

- There was a reason Mother wanted to kill just us five. She wanted to undo the evil she created, the vampire race. Killing just us would mean nothing in the grand scheme of things if all other vampires of the world were still around feeding on innocent people.

The group looked at each other, concern and confusion painting their faces. Elijah and Elena shared an accomplice look, they both heard Esther's talk to her at the night of the Ball. She indeed claimed she wished to undo the evil she created. But it never occurred to them she was talking about an entire species extinction.

- Whenever an Original dies, their entire bloodline follows right after. So, if we died, all vampires of the world would soon drop dead right after us – Finn finished, getting everyone shocked.

- Shit! And where is she now? – Stefan inquired worried.

- I don't know. She said she was trying to find a hunter to finish what she had started and claimed she'd contact me whenever she needed me or when it was time for me to die.

- No wonder I never liked that woman... - commented Caroline upset – Wait, Stefan, Damon, and I belong to the same bloodline. Who created it? – she questioned looking around.