Chapter 6: part 1

CHAPTER VI

Part I

The night fell, and the three teenagers headed to the Original's hut.

- Girls, remember this is, like you say, Stone Age, so show me respect, okay? If the men around here think my sisters, for whom I'm responsible for, don't respect me, they won't respect me as well, because they will believe I'm weak and incapable of protecting you. Then we will all be vulnerable, especially you two. - explained Stefan in a serious tone.

- Should we call you "sir", too? - asked the brunette bitterly.

He shook his head and begged she'd just played along, hearing a dry "yes".

They remained quiet for the rest of the way. From a distance, they saw the Mikaleson's hut. Rebekah was at the door to welcome them, happy to see her new friends.

- Some things are just the same, she is as needy for affection as ever... - whispered the brunette to the other two, feeling a little sorry for the poor girl.

They introduced the Original sister to Stefan, and they could see her blush, thinking it was adorable.

Then, the group was taken to the Original's backyard for the meal. There was a long wooden table out there with long benches to each side.

- We don't have the outside table. I want one, Stef! - whispered Caroline to her "big bro" in a good mood. The boy just rolled his eyes. He'd have to find the best job there was to afford everything those girls wanted. He already owed Elena the freakin' kitchenware...

Stefan wasn't formally introduced to any of the Mikaelsons but Rebekah, so he spoke first in a polite tone when he saw the family gathered for supper.

- Good evening, neighbors. My name is Stefan Salvatore, and these are my sisters, Elena and Caroline. We recently moved to this village, and Elijah was kind enough to invite us for supper so we would get to know a few more people around here. I would like to thank you for having us in your home!

The Original Father approached him and spoke in a serious, prideful tone:

- I'm Mikael, and this is my wife, Esther. These are my boys: Finn, my eldest, Elijah, Niklaus, Kol, and my youngest, Henrik. Rebekah is my only girl. Welcome to our village and to our hut.

The girls never thought there would be so many Mikalesons, especially boys... They greeted them all, and Stefan started a conversation with Mikael about their community there, and how he could be part of it, which basically meant: "how do I get a job here to make some gold?".

Caroline and Elena sat next to Rebekah and Esther to have some girl talk.

The blonde felt Klaus' eyes on her and got a little embarrassed by the intense stare. The Original blonde seemed to notice her brother's interest in the newcomer and smiled mischievously. Much better than the Petrova wench...

The Mikaelson girls excused themselves after a while to serve the meal. The "Salvatore sisters", as they were called, offered themselves to help and accompanied the other two.

The food was a little tasteless, not to mention fatty, but they managed to eat it, it's not like they had eaten well since they got there...