Chapter 33

CHAPTER XXXIII

The night passed in a second. Everyone was gathered in Klaus' house, reviewing the plan for the 100th time, when his phone buzzed once more. It was a video.

Caroline was tied up. Mikael's voice could be heard in the background.

"Beg Niklaus to come and save you".

The girl stared at him and, filled with rage, said:

"Fuck you, Mikael!"

A hand, Mikael's obviously, slapped her in the face hard. Elena's voice was heard asking him not to hurt her friend.

Klaus' hand tightened around the phone. How did Mikael dare to lay a hand on his wife?

"Foolish, girl! Obey me!"

Caroline looked at the camera and Mikael believed he had gotten through her.

"Nik", she began, "don't come here! He has a white oak stake! Run away with our son and...", she tried to say as fast as she could, but wasn't able to finish, Mikael had slapped her on the other cheek.

"Mikael, don't do this! She's pregnant!", Elena's voice pleaded once more.

The man turned the camera to his face and told them:

"Come here by sunset, or they'll both be dead!".

And then the video ended.

Klaus broke every piece of furniture in his way until he calmed himself down. How did Mikael dare hurting his pregnant wife? How did he dare laying a hand on her? He'd skin him alive!

- Well, you heard father. We have till sunset – Elijah stated, trying to remain calm.

Bonnie entered the living room with Kol on her toes. She had a slight smile on her face.

- All set! My mom agreed to help, she'll be here in an hour with the spell. She said she'd need to stop a human heart to perform the spell to desiccate Mikael. I tried to talk to Alaric, but he's out of town with Damon, both drowning their sorrows in alcohol I'm sure, so I had to call Jeremy, and he volunteered. Elena's his sister, he said he'd do anything in his power to help. My mom said she could revive him afterwards, no harm will come to him. She will explain you in detail how the spell will work once she gets here. As for me, I have found a few spells to go against your mother. One of them will cloak us, so we can come near her while Finn distracts her and attack. That's it, people, let's get to work!

🌿🌿🌿🌿

Bonnie's mother, Abby Bennett, was very suspicious of vampires. But since Bonnie had asked, and she really wanted to make amends for not being there for her daughter as she grew up, and since they were doing it to save Elena and Caroline, whose parents she had been friends with growing up, she decided she'd do it. And there she was, in the company of three vampires, two of them Original ones to make it even worse, and Jeremy, her daughter's boyfriend, or something like that (Bonnie had been vague about it), in the Boarding House.

- Mrs. Bennett, how should we proceed? – asked an Original in a suit.

Oh Lord, how does anyone go to a fight in a suit? She was wondering but decided to let it go and focus on the task at hand: to save her daughter's friends.

- First, you three have to drink my blood to bind us, so when I stop Jeremy's heart, I'll have the power to stop Mikael's. You need to make a physical connection to his bloodstream, a vein, an artery, something connected to his heart – she explained and handed a vial with her blood to Elijah so they could drink it.