Chapter 27

CHAPTER XXVII

It was time for the Ball.

Elena was dressed in a black loose dress, claiming her bump was too evident for her to wear any other color. Wanting to draw attention to the attributes on her upper body, she chose a dress who showed her shoulders, and had a sexy, but respectable, cleavage.

Even with baby bump and all, Damon couldn't help the amazed face when he saw her. She was the prettiest woman he had ever seen, period, there was no bump that could change his opinion.

Caroline, of course, was wearing the dress Klaus had given her. He also had gotten a little tux for Lukas, which looked incredibly cute on him. She was almost melting with him on her arms, claiming he was "her little gentleman".

Stefan had his usual black tux on, his baby girl was the one getting all the attention with her princess dress. Never in his life had the youngest Salvatore taken so many photos, proud as hell of his gorgeous daughter, calling her "daddy's little princess" all the time.

When they all arrived at the Mikaelson Mansion, the group was welcomed by all the Originals, except Esther, who would only come down a bit later, when it was time for the first dance.

Rebekah was wearing a green gown, which matched with the details in Sarah's dress. Seeing his wife so stunning Stefan could only stare and compliment her.

- You look absolutely gorgeous, Rebekah. I'm the luckiest man in here to have the company of the two most beautiful women on this planet.

The Original was a little unsure about believing his words or not. How many times hadn't she fallen for pretty words? She politely thanked him and turned her attention to the baby.

Little Sarah was a bit sleepy by then. It had passed her bedtime, so she wasn't that excited about what was going on around her. As soon as she spotted her mommy, she wanted to jump on the Original's arms, but her daddy didn't let her.

- No, my little princess, you will wrinkle Rebekah's outfit, and possibly ruin her hair if you decide to grab it.

- Come on, Stefan, I can't easily become a mess like that. Give me this pretty girl here. - the girl said getting the little one.

Elena had her phone in hand and spotted the blonde Original with her daughter and approached them.

- How about a picture of the two of you? Then Stefan can join in, and I'll take one of you three. - she offered, watching the boy mouth a "thanks", smiling.

After the photographs, as if knowing her duties were done for the night, little Sarah rested her head on her mommy's shoulder, beginning to fall asleep.

Rebekah kissed the baby's head and rocked her lightly. She was a bit scared to fall for that scene Stefan was playing. But she was loving to have that little girl in her arms, it was like they belonged to one another.

The youngest Salvatore could only stare adoringly. God, how he missed his lovely wife. He knew she was still a sweet, caring girl, she just needed a place to call home, to feel safe, and people she could trust.

When Sarah was sleeping deeply, the couple went upstairs to place her in the cradle in the room Klaus had prepared for the babies. Everything was already set for them, the cradles in place and two hybrids waiting. The girl was carefully lied on hers, and Stefan took the phone number of the hybrid to occasionally call her. Of course he'd check her in person, but calling was more practical for an every fifteen minute check, since he couldn't use his vampire super speed there, in front of everybody.

Sarah might have quickly fallen asleep, but Lukas was very much awakened. He was wearing the exact same tux as Klaus, and looked like his dad's miniature. As soon as he saw his papa, he was in the hybrid's arms, and Elena, phone in hand, ready and alert, took pictures of Klaus with Lukas, and of the two of them with Caroline. The blonde felt grateful the brunette was being the photographer for the night, registering those moments for them.