Chapter 6: part 2

CHAPTER VI

Part II

As soon as they were back, Mikael more yelled than actually asked:

- Whatever were you doing that long with the girl, boy? You didn't try anything, did you? - he accused aggressively, stepping dangerously towards Klaus.

The blonde panicked a little. He wasn't going to beat him right there, was he? Well, considering he slapped Klaus in the face in front of everyone the day before...

- That was my fault, sir. I'm not used to use the little hut, so I ended up taking too long. My apologies if I got you worried. Niklaus was a perfect gentleman. No animals and no perverts anywhere near! - she explained herself and apologized, smiling the entire time to assure him everything went marvelously.

Mikael took a step back and put some distance between himself and his least favorite son, starting a conversation with the youngest Salvatore right afterwards. The girl breathed in relief.

- Stefan, your sister really resembles the wench of the village a lot, just the hair is a bit shorter, but I find it to look beautiful on her. Perhaps that's a sign sent from Heaven that Elijah should finally stop courting that depraved woman and start courting your lovely pure sister, who resembles her so much, but who's virtuous and chaste.

Now Elena felt like dying...

- Father, don't talk like that about Tatia, please. - pleaded Elijah.

- Don't tell me what to do, boy! I'm the patriarch of this family, I should be the one telling you what to do, not the other way around! - he yelled, scolding his son.

Caroline couldn't help but think that if it was Klaus the one to say that, he'd be slapped in the face, at the very least, instead of only be yelled at.

Stefan decided to act fast to get the girl out of the awkward situation.

- Unfortunately, sir, my sister only lives to pray. She's a very religious woman, and so far has no interest in getting married.

In despite of the boy's good intentions, all the brunette understood was that he didn't want them to be a married couple, and also didn't want her to marry anyone, blind as she was with resentment.

- Oh, brother, I've changed my mind about it already! I decided I want to have a family, a husband and children.

Stefan realized it was her resentment talking and simply shut his mouth.

- Good! There are multiple ways to serve God other than devoting your entire time to prayers! I wish my son Finn gave it up on that silly idea as well!

The eldest Mikaelson was as saint as one could be on those times and devoted his free time to God, praying for hours in the small chapel of the village and learning the art of preaching with the chapel's priest.

- If you would agree, Stefan, I'd like to have your approval, mate. - Mikael started in a friendly tone - You said Elena is the oldest of your two sisters, how about my eldest son, after Finn, of course - who doesn't seem interest in leaving that chapel anyway - Elijah, court her?

- Father, I'm already courting Miss Tatia Petrova...

Mikael didn't even let him finish.