Chapter 21

CHAPTER XXI

Author's note:

They are finally going back to the present. This is the last chapter of them in the past. For those who enjoyed the ride through the past, fear not, the fun is about to begin with the three of them trying to reconnect with their beloveds.

XOXO

🌿🌿🌿🌿

Elena was so certain she couldn't have gotten pregnant on the careless night, she didn't even mind the dizziness she started to feel about three weeks later. She was probably just working too hard on her house chores now they had a few more animals.

Caroline noted her friend's indisposition and asked:

- Are you sure you're not pregnant, 'Lena?

- Of course not, Care! I've been taking the potion and, besides, I've just been feeling dizzy and tired, no morning sicknesses!

- You know not all women have the same symptoms, right? Some have morning sicknesses, but others simply feel tired and a bit dizzy.

- I have been taking the potion, Care! Haven't you been taking as well? – the blonde nodded – And hasn't it worked so far? – the other one nodded again – So there's nothing to worry about! – the girl yelled annoyed.

- Sudden mood changes are also a pregnancy symptom... – the other girl commented.

- You are impossible! I am NOT pregnant!

- Or you could just be in denial because Ayanna said there was absolute no way she could transport another person...

If her friend was really knocked up, she'd have to face the truth sooner or later.

- C'mon, 'Lena. Let's just pay her a visit and know once and for all.

Elena felt like crying, for her friend was right. With no other option, she got up and followed the blonde, who took little Lukas in her arms, and made her way to the witch's hut.

They hadn't even knocked when they spotted Ayanna opening the door, seeming very upset.

- What did I tell you, children? No more babies!

That meant the doppelganger was pregnant indeed. The girl felt tears forming in her eyes. She didn't want to leave her little one there as if had never existed!

- It was just a careless night, Ayanna! I swear I didn't do it on purpose! – poor Elena declared distressed.

- There must be a way, Ayanna, please! - the blonde pleaded, rocking her baby softly in her arms, felting for her friend deeply, for she could never see herself leaving her son behind.

- I cannot send anyone else! I had advised you! – the witch stated firmly.

Elena fell on her knees, crying. She couldn't do that! Never! To leave her baby there? She'd rather die!

- I won't leave, then! I will stay with my baby! – she said, sobbing uncontrollably.

Caroline's eyes went wide. If the other one stayed, with time, it would be as if she had never existed, and there would be a massive confusion on their time. But she looked at her baby boy resting in her arms and knew she would've done the same if she was in Elena's place.

- Ayanna, I could stay, and you could send Elena and her baby back. – the blonde suggested seriously - I was supposed to be dead, anyway. I mean, I died, and magic is what's keeping me alive-ish. But you have to take Lukas, 'Lena. Maybe, if I stay, there won't be such a mess in our time...