Echoes of the Past Ch.14

Jack sat in his hotel room, shaking with fear.

She knows, she knows, Jack repeated inside his head. She knows. She's going to do everything in her power to make sure Jackie suffers.

Jack went to bed but he couldn't sleep. He made up his mind. Tomorrow in the morning since Marilyn was sleeping in this hotel, he'd confront her. He'd tell her she would fail.

Jack smiles confidently. With that he falls asleep.

Jack woke up groggily when he felt a knock on the door. He groaned. "Coming."

Jack dressed and fixed his hair. He opened the door and his eyes narrowed when he saw who it was.

Marilyn was standing there, a smile on her face. Jack's anger boiled.

"Miss Monroe," he smiled. "I was just about to talk to you."

"Can I come in?" She asked in a breath tone. Jack mentally whacked his head.

Don't fall for her, he thinks. Jackie is my love. I promised to be faithful, it's time to be faithful.

"Yes sure. Come in," he grins.

Jack slammed the door and locked it when she came in. He turned to face her. His eyes were blazing and his jaw was clenched.

"Something wrong?" The actress smirked.

Jack saw red. He pushed her against the wall.

"I know what you're playing at Marilyn," he hissed calling her by her real name. "I know that you're from 1962."

Her eyes widen in shock and she blinks. She gulps.

"I know what you're planning," Jack hissed. "Let me warn you, stay away from Jackie."

She smiles suddenly confident. "How will you stop me, Jack? I know you want me. Your back hurts and if you refuse I'm going to tell everyone about your secret." She smiled darkly.

"Tell what you want; stay away from Jackie." He snarled feeling like he wanted to punch her.

"I don't make promises," Marilyn laughed. "I'll abuse her like I did in 1962. I'll make her life hell."

Jack growled lowly, keeping his temper. "If you tell everyone, I'll tell them about the affair."

"Affair?" She blinked and smiled, this huge smile. "There is no affair yet. But don't worry, Jack. Soon you'll be falling over my heels for me."

He snaps at her. "I'm not. I'm not that brash boy I used to be."

She laughed. "Bring it on then. Show me what you've made of."

Jack was more then ready. He would show Marilyn he wouldn't fall for her and her sexy ways.

All she wants is fame, he's angry. But I'll give pain for making Jackie suffer.

The game was one.