Echoes of the Past: Ch.25

Jack woke up, drained and his face pale. Jackie was sitting on the bed beside him, reading a book. She looked up as Jack began to stir.

Jack was crying. "Jackie..."

Jackie put the book down. "Is something wrong, Jack?" She asked in a breathy tone.

"Oh...my God, I just saw my own death," Jack sobbed.

Jackie threw the book. "Jack...Bobby...he..."

"What?" Jack looked up through reddened eyes.

"Jack. Bobby's in the hospital."

"What? What happened?!"

"His headache got worse. Ethel doesn't know what's wrong."

Jack cursed. He knew what was happening. "Where? Which hospital?"

"The one near DC."

Jack blew his nose in frustration. "We have to go then."

She seemed fazed. "Jack, I'm pregnant. I can't go with...with John."

"I have to make sure my brother's all right," Jack said fiercely. "Stay here. I'll go."

He didn't give her a chance to protest. He spun around and headed towards the car, his fate and destiny surging into one.

............

The screams of people shouting and a terrified Ethel made Bobby gasp and sit up in pain and agony.

He screamed Ethel's name before sitting up. A nurse was tending to the machines next to Bobby's bed. Ethel was sitting on the left side of the room. She looked up as Bobby screamed.

"Ethel!" Bobby tried to get up but she urged him to sit back down. "Oh my God...."

"Bobby?" Ethel went beside him. "What's wrong? You passed out."

Bobby's eyes watered up.

I died, he thinks. I died...like Jack.

The AG was now a time travel freak, like his soon to be slain brother: John Fitzgerald Kennedy, the 35th President of the United States.