Chapter Sixteen

"I can't believe you're doing this, Adonis." Sasha said as they sat in the doctor's office. "I really think that you just don't want to care for your son anymore just so you can run around with these hoes."

Adonis sighed as he leaned back in his chair. He was trying his best to ignore Sasha and her rude comments but she was starting to become annoying. The whole time that they had been sitting there, waiting, she had been going on and on.

"Sasha, shut the fuck up." Adonis snapped at her. He didn't mean to be so vile in front of Jr but Sasha was doing too much.

Sasha became quiet as tears rushed down her face.

"What's wrong with you, Sash?" Adonis asked. He asked her that every time she cried. No matter how much she got on his nerves, he hated to see her cry. Sasha didn't answer him as she climbed to her feet and stepped out of the room. She needed some time away from him.

A few minutes had passed before the doctor came in to swab their mouths. He gave them details about the test how they would receive their results through the mail in about three days. Once that was over, Adonis held his son as they stepped out of the doctors office.

Sasha quietly opened the back door to her Lexus, so that Adonis could buckle Jr in the backseat. After he finished, he watched Sasha close the door and attempting to step around him. She refused to look him in the eyes which made Adonis think that she had been hiding something from him.

"I'll be by tomorrow to pick him up." Adonis tells her.

"Don't worry about it." Sasha says.

"What you mean?"

"It means what I said. Move out of my way." Sasha pushed him back.

"Aight Sash."

Adonis wasn't in the mood to argue with her. He knew that's what she wanted so that she could say things to try and hurt him but it wasn't going to happen. He started to walk away but the sound of her voice caused him to stop in his tracks.

"After three years, what makes you want to get a test?" Sasha asked curiously.

Adonis thought for a moment. He wasn't going to tell her that his mother insisted. As far as Sasha knew, this was Adonis's idea, "I just want to be sure."

"Why? You think I really stepped out on you when we were together?"

"It's questionable." Adonis shrugged.

"Questionable..."

"Sasha, after you broke up with me, you were already in another relationship. You want me to believe that you met that nigga over night or something? If you did, I know you wouldn't have him in your crib around our son. How long you been seeing that nigga?"

"Why does it matter?"

"How long?" Adonis steps closer, hovering over her.

"A while." Sasha mumbled. Her heart beat sped up at how close he had gotten to her. She didn't want to add more fuel to his fire by telling him how long that they had really been talking.

"What you mean by a while?"

"Since before I met you. We were best friends at first. I fell in love with him, and I'm sorry for hurting you, Adonis."

"So you been sleeping with another nigga while you were with me?" Adonis didn't realize that he had been squeezing her arm but he didn't let go.

"Adonis. You're squeezing my arm too tight."

"Is he mine?" Adonis squeezed her arm tighter.

"Adonis please..."

"Answer the fucking question." Adonis  says receiving attention from a few others that were in the parking lot.