Chapter XV.

The water wavered again, & a blurred image was shown. Becoming clearer, & clearer until it showed the back of a young girl with long wavy hair.

   The girl glanced back sensing someone behind her, & as if the thing watching her was getting closer, the girl's face zoomed in.

   'Indeed; just like you, my lovely experiment. Just like you, many more will come,' a low, strange voice said with cruel joy evident.

                                      ...

   The carriage rocked slightly every now & then, making me as sleepy as ever. The scene outside was peaceful, & relaxing. However-

   'The academy has many subjects you can choose from, you know? If you want, you can even choose sword fighting. I always thought it was weird how the academy would teach female students what only males should learn, but now that I think about it, I actually like it. If you need any help in sword fighting, you can always ask me- though female, & male students are separated from each other. Oh, there's also a subject teaching about some magic, or something. It depends if you have the affinity in it, or not. There are tests to take if you want to enter certain courses. For example; magic, sword fighting, archery, horse riding & the rest is the basics of what nobles should know.'

   It's been hours since we departed, & he's still not done talking. It was really, seriously starting to get on my nerves now.

   'There are seven main lessons for males, I don't know about the female students-'

'Brother, look outside. It's really relaxing,' I told him, in order to direct his attention somewhere else; 'Oh... yeah. That does look nice.'

   I hadn't even reached the academy yet, but I'm already getting drained like this; hah. 

                                               ...

   The carriage rattled, making my eyes snap open; 'Ah, Phoenix,' brother looked towards me, straightening his furrowed eyebrows. 

  'It's nothing, don't worry,' he assured me, but his clenched hands told me otherwise; 'What's-'

I wasn't able to finish the sentence because the carriage tilted to one side excessively, & I floated in the air for a short second until I fell back into my seat violently, hitting my back to the point it might've bruised. 

  'Ugh,' the groan escaped from my lips, & then the sound of glass shattering was heard. When I opened my eyes, brother was trying to get out by the window of the carriage; 'What are you doing?' I asked.

  '...I'll be back, ok? Just stay here, & try to hold on,' he told me right before he dropped out by the broken window. Before I could even react, the carriage shook again, & with all the effort I could muster I held onto the seat, which was to say, just doing nothing. 

    All the shaking made me feel like throwing up. Maybe I should've done something; try my best to survive, or whatever, but then... I really didn't feel like moving. Besides, I believed it would be fine. Nothing was going to happen... that's what I thought at least. Of course, as obvious as it was, who would've been able to guess what would happen next? And what happened...

   Even though he said he'd be back, he didn't come back. Because the next moment, the carriage crashed into something, & fell to one side. I felt myself floating in the air, & briefly, I managed to look out through the window when the curtains dropped; I could see everything  so clearly despite falling. It was kind of ironic; how, at only death's door, everything became so weirdly clear.

 Because I saw, that... I was about to fall from a cliff.

   A/N; I'll only be able to update on Sundays. Oh, BTW, I also have two other series;'Accomplices,' & the other one is called 'The fox, & the duke.'

   Accomplices is a story about crime, & all, but in like... in the past.  So, basically it's about these two... idiots who had the most perfect timing to witness a crime scene. But before they could do anything, the culprit escapes, & they become the suspects for the murder. Obviously, they escape but no matter what, the cuffs linking them together doesn't break, or whatever. And, the rest... take a guess. You know what happens, the cliche stuff.

   The fox, & the duke is a love story between a mythical creature, & a... duke, who's fighting the emperor for a throne. Because the duke accidentally sets a nine tailed fox free from her prison, he has to help her retain her lost powers, & in return, she would help him fight his enemies or whatever. Also break the vex that cursed their ancestors, following down to the duke's lineage. 

   So, check them out... or whatever.