Chapter XVI.

My eyes closed out of instinct, & at that moment I vividly felt a tight grasp on my arm, pulling me suddenly.

   '...!'

Following the loud thud, a distant sound of crashing was heard. By then, my eyes had still been closed but I could almost imagine what would've happened if I had still been inside the carriage.

    When I opened my eyes, I saw a black... -Oh, I'm on top of someone.

Realizing that I rolled to my right, making the person who was below me wince from the sudden movement, & my sight was leveled up at the sky turning yellow, pink.

   For a moment I just lied there quietly, staring up at the sky. That was until I heard the sound of clothes rustling, & a quiet snort.

   'Thank you,' I said quickly, turning to my right briefly, only for my vision to be stuck there for a long time; it would be a lie if I said I didn't get excited, or my heart didn't stop for a second right there.

  But that was only a normal reaction to that kind of... I would definitely never be able to forget that face, even if I tried my best.

  I didn't notice that he ignored my thanks because I was too focused on his looks. The kind of amazing looks that made your heart beat fast, & breath caught in your throat even if you hated the person himself. The kind that made you feel immense joy just by looking- an eye candy.

   'Ah...' I slightly winced at the sting, making the boy look back at me with nonchalant eyes. Again, the beauty of his hit me hard.

  He snorted through his nose when I only stared at him- I wonder what he was doing, to be alone here, & to have saved me. Though I wasn't so curious to open my mouth to ask, not really.

   Hearing the clip clops of a horse, & the gentle steps on grass next to me, I looked up; 'I'll take you back to your family.'

   Even as his voice was very lovely, he sounded cold, & impassive.

'No. I'll wait here until they find me,' I replied- thinking about it, my voice sounds exactly the same; 'Alright.'

   His reply was too quick, as if he had been waiting for it. It made me doubt if he would've taken me along even if I had answered differently. Well, not that I minded.

   I straightened, & sat, hugging my knees.

   '... What are you looking at?' he asked, & I glanced at my side instinctively because I thought he had already left due to the long silence; 'Just... it's going to be dark very soon.'

   'If you're telling me you're scared-'

'When it becomes dark, you can see the stars. I think I... like the stars,' I interrupted him without even realizing what I was saying. It was probably because I felt so nostalgic for some reason, I lost my mind. There was a loud drum beating at my ears- it was kinda bothersome.

   "Shining as bright as the stars, so that I can stay by your side

   So true, my feelings are true only for you."

Such lyrics from one song played in my mind over, & over again; I didn't know the rest.

    I glanced at my side again, but the boy was already out of sight.

Hah. That was fast. How did he disappear so fast? But... I'm alone again. Though it would've been nice to see the stars together with someone...

   Ah, right. 

I again turned towards the sky. It wasn't completely dark so that I couldn't see anything.

    From somewhere, I could hear the gentle burble of water flowing, the birds chirping, & the soft wind that brought humid dirt smell mixing with the wisteria scent to my nose. Royal purple wisteria... the kind that smelled sweet.

   Hmm... that description kind of sounds familiar, & also the fact that I even knew which wisteria it was, considering there are many types- it's like I've been here, but I've never been here.

     *ba-dump*ba-dump* My heart was beating like this. It irritated because it wouldn't become quiet.

  -Wisteria... thinking about it, isn't wisteria said to ease anxiety? 

Hmm... but I'm too lazy to go looking for it.

    Even as I thought like that in the end, I stood up because it was kind of bothering my mind. Usually, I don't overthink. Correction- I'm too lazy to overthink, & waste my time.

  'If I smell that darned flower, will you finally shut up?' I asked my heart- it kept beating fast like that. 

   But it was only when I got there that I realized, the reason why my heart was going crazy wasn't because of what I thought the reason was. Stupidly, I had mistaken my adrenaline for anxiety. 

 A/N; it's been long. Sorry, I was kinda busy. I still am...

   BTW, wisteria doesn't ease anxiety. She mistook it with jasmine.