• | The first night | •

The first night.

CHAPTER: 01

|•|

Swara.

               God! I'm so nervous. It's my first, first night. What if something went wrong. What if I faint because of high blood pressure. Ugh! That would be an embarrassing moment in front of him. I really don't want to get embarrassed in front of him. Not on the first day of our marriage. Save me naa.

               I kept on rambling until I heard the sound of footsteps. I can hear it. God!! It's him. What am I supposed to do? Sit? Stand? Walk? Jump? God!! Don't make it more difficult. Already I'm flying so high. I know that still, I'm in my imaginary world. I still can't digest the fact that I'm married to my crush!

            Ugh! Swara, look! He is here standing in front of you. Look at his face and say something. Otherwise, he will think that you are a mental patient. Okay, okay--I'm saying something. I don't want him to think that I'm a mental patient by seeing me mumbling to myself.

            "Hi--" I managed to say it, in between my cracked voice. There he goes. He ignored me like nothing. I saw him taking out something from his pant's pocket. What's that? Okay, a mobile! But why? Which person uses a mobile phone on their first night. Isn't this night supposed to be a special one? And the cherry on the top, he is not even looking at my face too. Am I that ugly? No naa-- I have looked at the mirror thrice. Makeup was okayish. Then what? Didn't he hear my greeting? Do I need to say it again? Okay, I will say.

             "Hi, Sanskar--" I called and greeted him again. I think he has some problem with his ears. Or is that my voice so unclear? I coughed lightly to seek his attention. But no response. What the hell is wrong? Isn't it him, who bought this proposal to my parents. He said to my parents that he is interested in marrying me. My parents checked his character and his family background. They approved and he married me. It was completely an arranged marriage. Then why the hell he is treating me like a plaque? For god's sake, he is my Crush. He is ignoring me. It hurts.

            "Sanskar, I'm talking to you!" My voice was harsh. What!? How much will I bear his silent treatment? He turned towards me. Woah! Finally. His eyes, that's my weakness. From the very beginning, I was attracted to his eyes. His eye was brown coloured and it became my favourite colour after that.

             "Bitch, don't raise your voice in front of me." That's what all he said. He switched the lights off and laid down. I flinched. I flinched hearing the harshness in his voice. I flinched hearing him addressing me as a b.i.t.c.h!

              Tears. Tears were always my best friend. Whenever I was alone, it used to come for consoling me. Today, now, it is rolling from my eyes, to console me, to mourn my sadness. I don't know, why he is behaving like this. It's him, who initiated this proposal. I need answers.

                With a determined face, I switched on the lights. I called his name loudly. He groaned and waked up. "I said, don't rise your dammit voice in front of me. " He said with the same harshness.

               "Why? I'm your legally wedded wife! Why can't I raise my voice in front of you?" I glared at him. I know, it's difficult for me, to speak like this to him. But I don't have any other way. I'm a girl with self-esteem. I can't put my respect at sake, even if it is my crush, whom I'm talking.

                "Bitch, you may be my legally wedded wife. But for me, you are just a girl, whom I married for my satisfaction. I had married you for completing my best friend's revenge." Sanskar uttered those words and world slipped from my foot. I felt numb all of a sudden.

                Revenge? About what revenge he is speaking? I'm not getting anything. And about his best friend, how come I'm related to his best friend?

               "Sanskar--me--revenge--" my voice cracked. I wasn't in my sense. I have liked and relished, this man sitting in front of me, from the very beginning. And he! He is saying that he married me for taking some revenge! Revenge, I'm unknown too.

                 "Bitch, I know you well. So stop acting like an innocent and naive girl. I won't come into your trap just like other boys in your life." He spoke with hatred in his voice. I can feel it.

                  What did he mean by other boys? For God sake, I was attracted to him from the last 7 years. I have started liking him when I was 16. In my whole life, there wasn't even a single boy. Yes, I do have male friends and even I had tried to date some boys. But, till today, no one was able to win my heart. No one's eyes were able to capture my soul. It was him. Always him.

                   "Listen, Sanskar! It's a misunderstanding." I tried to make him understand. I want him to know that it was only him for me.

                   "Do you remember Aryan?" He asked me. His voice was filled with some unknown emotions. I felt like his voice was cracking. I felt like he was weeping.

                    "Yes, I know him. He was your best friend, wasn't he?" I replied to him. Aryan-- how can I even forget that name. He was like a brother from another mother. But everything changed on that day. Still, I wasn't able to move on from my guilt. But why sanskar is asking about him? that too now."

                   "Great! Madamjii remembered him, even after betraying and destroying completely." Sanskar sarcastically said and my heart broke.

                 "Sanskar, don't-- it's not like what you think." I know, he won't believe me. He and Aryan haven't believed me in the past. I wish they could believe me the present.

                 "Bitch, don't you dare to lie again. I have had enough." Sanskar said and went to drink water from the jug kept on the table.

                  "Me and Arpita---" I tool her name and Sanskar threw the jug on the floor. It smashed down. I jumped from the bed. I never knew, he hated Arpita to this extent.

                   I can see Sanskar approaching me with his eyes all red. He came and held my hair. He pushed me to the floor. My head slammed at the edge of the bed. I was dumbfounded by his action. It hurt, not my head, but the heart.

                   "Utter her name again. You will be out of this room." Sanskar said in bitterness. God! I can't understand anything. Yes, I know, he hates Arpita for betraying his best friend. But here, he is hurting me. Why? What was my mistake?

                  "Look, I was already said that I have married you for my self-satisfaction. So we will be a married couple in front of the whole world. Or I would say, we would act like a couple in front of them. And in this room, you are just a bitch to me! Don't try to rule over me. Don't try to be a wife! I won't repeat my words. You should sleep on the floor and will use the bathroom when I'm not at home." Sanskar instructed me and I nodded my head. I don't have the strength to fight about it. I sighed and laid on the floor.

                 Till this moment, everything was like a fairy tale. I thought that I can live a happy life after marriage. I thought that everything will be alright. But alas! Nothing is well. That's my destiny.

                 I want to know about Aryan. What happened to him? I haven't heard or seen him from past 4 years. Where is he? I think I should ask all these to Sanskar tomorrow morning. I hope he will speak it, at least.

|•|

Done with the first chapter.

How's the chapter?

Anything to say about Sanskar's behaviour?

Vote⭐
Comment📝
Share📲