• | Swara, it hurts | •

PS; Avoid typos as the chapter is highly unedited.

Swara, it hurts...

CHAPTER: 27

|•|

Swara.

For the very first time, I took a decision about my life myself. From the past 23 years, my family have been with me. They had helped me with everything. Even if, it was about my studies or career, they have always guided me for the best. When the marriage proposal of Sanskar came, dad said yes as he knew he was a better choice than anyone else for me. But little did he know, his decision has costed my life and happiness? Naah! A big no!

I know, if I divorce Sanskar, there would be a lot of people to question us. For everyone, we were rab ne bana di jodi. But now, I don't care about this society, but my self-respect. Till now, I was bearing his torture. Now, that's enough. He can't justify himself always. Yes, he may have misunderstood me. But still, he could have talked with me. But no...he judged me even without knowing a thing about me. And I hate myself for loving him.

When I asked him for the divorce, his face became blank, why? Maybe so that he can't torture me anymore. He said a sorry. But a sorry wont change anything, at least not a broken trust and a stained relationship. I need to prove that my love isn't my weakness, but strength.

Last night, I saw a vulnerable Sanskar. He cried in front of me. But how could I trust him? What if, he had faked his emotions in front me? He will break me again if I trust him! I won't trust him, ever.

Yes, it hurts me. But I don't have any other way. Sanskar is my only love. And when I got married to him, I was the happiness girl on Earth. But look at my fate! It played a bloody game. No women wants hatred from her husband. But I got that too. And I'm done with it. He don't love me. So it's better to part our ways. At least one of us will be happy. I can't withstand him anymore. He had stabbed my self. So it's better to part our ways.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-

It have been 4 days since, I submitted the divorce papers. I called Sanskar and asked him to come to the court with his lawyer. We have applied for a mutual divorce. So it wasn't that hard to get a divorce. 

He reached on time. He was wearing a sunglass. Huh! We were going to part ways, still he can't go off of his god dammit attitude. I sighed. Both of us entered the room of counsellor.

"Look, Mr and Mrs Maheshwari, marriage is a sacred and pure relation. You have been married for only 5-6 months. How can you be so sure that you needs a divorce? You cant take married life as a joke!" The counsellor started to say.

"Sir, we have been discussing about it from long. We want divorce, that too mutual. We cant make our life a joke, that's why, we are applying for a mutual divorce." I tried to explain.

"See, you are grown up adults. So yes, you have rights to take your won decisions. But I don't want you to regret it later. Can't you work this relation out? And you Mr Maheshwari, you haven't said anything till now." The counceller was trying to reconciliate us.

"I agree with her, sir." Sanskar whispered. Why the hell I'm feeling something odd!

"Okay, then I will be proceeding the divorce petition." The counsellor sighed and declared. Sanskar got up went outside without replying him. I closed my eyes at his behaviour. Everything was going to end.