• | do I love him? | •

Do I love him?

CHAPTER: 17

|•|

Swara.

I was done. I was done with this world. I had never thought that Arpita would do something like this. When she cheated on Aryan, I felt helpless. I became angry and slapped her. I didn't even hear her part. But I know, Aryan loved Arpita so much, so he won't be making a decision in haste. That's why I was sure that it must be Arpita's mistake.

And now, when Sanskar said that I helped Arpita in her abortion, I was stunned. How could he even think like that about me? I wasn't a witch for god's sake. I really want to prove my innocence to Sanskar.

I was so confused about my thoughts. Why was I so restless about him? He has insulted me so much. He had risen his hands towards me. He has tortured and ignored me. But why I wasn't able to hate him. My trance broke due to the beeping of my phone.

"Hey, Kavi..." It was Kavita, my school mate. We were like sisters. But she got married early due to her family pressure. Now, she is a housewife.

"Shona...mere Bacche..." Kavi chirped from the other side. I smiled at it. She was my mood changer. "Why you are sounding so low? Are you alright?" Oh my!! There comes my mommy. I always wonder how she was able to understand my moods.

"It's nothing, Kavi. I'm caught with a cold." I managed to act. God!

"Or I could say, are you acting like you have a common cold so that you could get Sanskar's attention." Shit!! She hadn't forgotten that. Yes, in the school day, I used to act like a bechari ladki to get his attention.

"No, why would I even act. Common Kavi..." I faked a laugh and said.

"You will. So that all the care and attention of your love will be your's." She was blabbering it again. Urg! Love? Really!

"Kavi! He is not my love, okay. Yes, I did like him earlier. But now, naah!" I closed my eyes and muttered slowly.

"Hell! Why can't you accept it, Shona? You love him more than you think. You can't mask your feelings, not anymore." She stated and I looked at the photo frame of Sanskar which was hanging on the wall.

"Kavi..you can't force me to accept a lie. I don't love him. I can't love him." I shouted. My head ached again.

"Shona, don't take tension. Now, just do as I say. Okay!" This girl naa...she won't leave me at peace. I hummed as a response.

"Just close your eyes and think about Nita and Sanskar together. How and what are you feeling?" Hell!! That hit my wrong nerve?

"I'm gonna kill that witch with my bare hands. How dare she! Wasn't she had enough of him? I'm his wife. Only I have that right to stay with him." I roared and stood from the bed. What.the.fuck! What's wrong with me?

"That's it! You love him. Try to rewind everything, Shona. You will get an answer. Now, bye...maa is calling me. And haa, don't forget to take medicines, okay." She disconnected the call. What was I supposed to rewind at this moment?

I closed my eyes. I saw a smiling Sanskar in front of me. He was calling me as princess. He was cuddling me. He was telling me grandpa stories. He was holding a baby in his hands and I was lying on the bed. I jerked and opened my eyes. What was that? Yes, I have seen a bright and happy future with him. But now, I know nothing will be alright and they would be just my wishes.

And about love... Do I really love him? Again his smiling face came into my mind. His dimpled smile was always my weakness. His smile used to give me sudden satisfaction. I sighed remembering those days. Now, he hates me. How much I wish to solve everything between us. I don't want his love. I don't want his hatred. I just want to end our problems and stay as strangers. Yes, becoming strangers would do. I chuckled sadly.

I wasn't sure about my feelings. Because one side, it was about my self-respect. My parents have brought me up as a strong girl. They have taught me to fight against injustice. They have taught me to fight for my own rights. I know, I like him. I know, my heartbeat runs a marathon when he comes closer to me. I know, his ignorance kills me. I know, his happiness has become mine too.

I closed my eyes and tears made a way through it. How much was I going to cry like this? I need to talk to Sanskar. I need to prove my innocence. I can't bear his hatred anymore. I don't deserve it. Yes, I love him. I can't see him hating me throughout my life for a null reason. And after every mess will be solved, I myself will file a divorce case. So that he can live at peace.

My trance broke due to the beeping sound of my phone. It was Arpita. The nerve of this girl. Why the hell, now she was calling me. She was badmouthing my brother. Holy shit! I took the call on the next ring.

"Come to Maria's cafe now." She ordered and disconnected the call. Fuck! But, Maria's cafe? It was in Kolkata, near our college. Why was she calling me there. She was in London, right? Urg! Maybe I can confront her now. Avoiding my headache, I grabbed my purse and went.

I reached the cafe. I kept on looking around. It was our main spot. I and Arpita used to come here frequently. We used to enjoy as fuck. Alas! It was 4 years ago. Time has that power to change everything. I sighed and entered the cafe. I could see our photos hanging on the wall. Yep, after all, we were their daily customer years ago.

I saw Arpita and went in her direction. I stood in front of her and fake coughed for gaining her attention. But she kept on avoiding me. She was typing something on her phone. I got angry and snatched the phone. She looked at me and smiled.

"I missed you, mona." She hugged me. Mona, that was the nickname given by her to me. Suddenly I got nostalgic. I forgot everything. For a moment, I thought I got my old friend back. I reciprocated the hug and with a bright smile.

"But I didn't missed you, Arpi." I mocked her. And in return, I got a smack from her. I narrowed my eyes at her and took my seat.

"Swara, how's Aryan?" I looked at her without any emotion. For asking about Aryan she came here? Why? Why does she care?

"What about Aryan, now? Do you even care about him?" Suddenly I became serious. By hearing what Sanskar said, I can't hold my anger too long.

"I love him, Mona." She confessed. I stood there shocked. What the hell on earth was happening. she love him? Really!

"Look, you can't do a drama in front of me," I spoke angrily. "It's you, who have aborted your own baby," I stated.

"Listen to me, first. Then you can decide whatever you want." Arpita started to say. She finished saying and I looked at her in horror.

What the hell!! Is she high? She was telling that it was Aryan who forced her. She was telling that it was only because of Aryan's stubbornness and misunderstanding they broke up. Fuck! And because of all these things, my Sanskar hates me. What am I got into? Hell.

"Arpita, but Sanskar was saying that..." I tried to speak about Sanskar.

"Swara, do you really think I can abort my own baby?" Arpita asked by staring at my eyes. I could see pain and loneliness inside. I could see her heartbreaking at each and every second.

"Swara, everything is a bloody game of Aryan," Arpita whispered looking at my eyes. "I want to meet Aryan. Only he can give us answers. I think, even Sanskar is unaware of this." Arpita added.

"I don't know, where Aryan is? How can we get to him?" I was confused. I know, Sanskar will never let me reach his brother. But for us, it was necessary.

"You are working at his place. You can follow his activity, right?" Arpita muttered looking at me. I didn't respond.

"For god's sake, think and act like Swara Gadodia damt!" She shook me and yelled. I shook my head and took my phone.

"Swara Maheshwari, here. I need the information about Aryan Sighania within an hour." I ordered dad's private guard. He responded positively and disconnected the call. Arpita smirked at me.

Now, it's time to unfold the past.

|•|

How's it?

Hope you liked it.

Sorry for not updating so far. I was busy with some personal stuff. I will try to give daily updates.

Vote⭐
Comment📝
Share📲