• | Honeymoon trip | •

Honeymoon trip.

CHAPTER: 02

|•|

Swara.

           It was early morning. I can see the sun rising from the east. It was a beautiful view. It will give peace to any turmoil soul. I sighed. For me? a big no! I haven't slept even a bit. How could I? My life has turned upside down, yesterday. I wish everything was alright. I want nothing, but a peaceful life with Sanskar. Is that too much to ask?

          I stood immediately, reminiscing what Sanskar said. Before Sanskar would get up, I should take a bath. I don't want to bear his harshness, morning itself. That's when I realised, I don't have any clothes here. It's my in-laws. I haven't bought any clothes here. What should I do? Call ma? Naa, that's not a good idea. From my cracked voice, she will realize that something is wrong. I can't take the risk.

         "Hello, Uttu-- it's me, Swara. Hope I haven't disturbed your sleep. Actually, I don't have clothes to wear. Please borrow yours for today." At last, I managed to call Uttara, Sanskar's Cousin and my college mate. She is such a nice girl. God!! I'm still standing here. Lemme go and open the door.

         "Swara--" Uttara chirped and hugged me tightly as if she was seeing me after many ages. Ugh! She is too dramatic.

         "Uttu--leave me for now. I'm really tired." I requested her and she left me immediately, mumbling a sorry. Did I make her sad? Oh no! She gave me the dress.

          "Thanks, my lazy bug." I thanked her and she made some faces and went from muttering some incoherent words. I smiled at her expressions.

        It was breakfast time. As a ritual, I made a sweet dish. My culinary skills are good. One of the thing which I'm proud of myself is, I'm good at cooking, unlike some modern girls who look at the kitchen in horror. But now, it doesn't matter. I have dreamt of my husband eating the food I cooked. When I came to know that it was Sanskar, I was in the ninth cloud. Now, I'm not even sure whether he will eat the dish I prepared or not. I sighed and went to the dining hall for arranging the dishes.

          "Aree--beta, you don't have to do these things. We have servants for arranging it. The only reason, I allowed you in the kitchen, was to prepare a sweet dish, which was a ritual. Otherwise, I won't have allowed my daughter to cook." Sanskar's mom, Sujata Maheshwari exclaimed. How much I love this sweet lady. She is so lovely. My mother, Sharmishta was somewhat a strict person. But here, Sanskar's mom is like a teenager. Getting excited and jumping like us. I chucked at my thoughts.

             "Mom, I love cooking. Even though I'm a modern girl, I haven't forgotten our traditions. I like to cook and satisfy others." I said genuinely. I think food can heal every sorrow. While eating our favourite dish, we forget our miseries. That's my opinion.

             "Sharmishta jii has brought you up with good qualities. It is rear to see girls like you, nowadays." It was Sanskar's Badi maa, Annapurna Maheshwari. She is the elder daughter in law of this. Mother like figure to Sanskar. She is the only one, who could make Sanskar understand every matter.

            "Badi maa, don't flatter me like this. It's my duty as a daughter in law of this house." I said to her. They were continuously flattering my cooking skills. I'm feeling uncomfortable, as even this is my house.

            "Who is daughter in law here? I can't see anyone. Can you see, Annu?" There comes badi papa, Durga Prasad Maheshwari. He is a funny guy with a bald head. Sometimes I feel like to do drums there. He is too dramatic like mom.

             "I can't see, Ji." Badi ma replied with a mischievous smile. God! They are teasing me. But right now, I'm not in a condition to laugh at them.

            "Who is troubling my daughter?" It was papa, Ram Prasad Maheshwari. He is a fatherly figure everyone will love to have. He is serious all the time. But when it comes to family moments, he will cherish it with us.

             Now all of you might be wondering, how come I knew all these things. I stalked my crush from the last 7 years. As a daughter of the great industrialist, Shekhar Gadodia, it was an easy job. I got to know about everyone here. I and Sanskar haven't had an engagement party. But still, before marriage, I managed to understand them and vice verse. Me, uttu, mom, Badi maa-- talked daily before our marriage. But Sanskar never called me. Whenever I asked his family about it, they said that he was busy with his meetings and after marriage, I should change him. I blushed hard hearing it. But now, I realized that he was actually ignoring me.

           When I came downstairs after the bath, mom and Badi maa kept on looking at me with a naughty expression. Sanskar hasn't agreed for any marriage before ours. But suddenly, he showed them my photo and said that I want to marry her. While hearing that all of them were happy and thought that Sanskar loved me. Forget about loving, he doesn't even like my presence. I chuckled sadly at my fate.

          I can see, Sanskar descending from the stairs. He was looking like a model. I want to whistle, looking at him. How handsome my husband is. I wish, his heart was too beautiful like his face. He smiled at everyone, except me.

           I served him the dishes. Luckily, he wasn't behaving like yesterday. I was afraid, thinking about his reaction. But he seemed to be calm. He tasted my dish. Alas! His expressions were neutral. He didn't like it. Okay, I will try hard next time. I consoled myself.

           After breakfast, everyone was seated on the sofa and was discussing business. I'm a Computer Science major, I don't understand business. I kept on talking with Uttara.

          "Sanskar, Swara--this is a small gift from my part." Badi papa gave Sanskar an envelope. He opened it and looked at my angrily. Now, what did I do?

            "You have a flight today night. Be ready. You can go to do shopping in the afternoon. Bali is a considerable honeymoon spot. I swear, you will enjoy it." Badi ma said and winked at me. Sanskar saw that and glared at me. His glare was enough to kill me.

            I was talking to my maa on phone. I could sense Sanskar storming towards me. I disconnected the call immediately. Within no time, I was pinned to the wall harshly.

              "Fuck! Bitch, I know, it is your plan. Why can't you leave me in peace? Yesterday, I made it clear that you shouldn't behave like a wife. Can't you understand a single word?" Sanskar was roaring. I felt like crying. I hate to get misunderstood. Here, he is thinking that it was me, who asked for the trip.

            "Sanskar--I haven't done anything. Even I came to know about the trip, now." I tried to explain.

                "Don't you dare to lie. Girls like you are only capable of doing such cheap acts" Sanskar stated and my heart clenched. What does he even mean by girls like you!?

              "Why can't you at least listen to me for once?" I questioned him. This is too much. He is judging me like nothing.

                "No! You are not worth enough for that!" He asserted and went away. I really want to hate this man. But-- ugh! Leave it.

                I was supposed to ask about Aryan. But Sanskar is going on treating me like this. He is not even ready to listen to my side. I need to call Kavita. Only she could answer my questions.

|•|

Done with the second chapter too. God! I can't believe that I updated two chapters together. Who knows, I will write the third now itself😹.

How's the story?

Liked the storyline?

Pen down your view on the comment box. I will be looking forward to hearing.

Vote⭐
Comment📝
Share📲