• | What's your rate? | •

What's your rate?

CHAPTER: 03

|•|

Swara.

         We boarded our flight. It was almost 11 at night. It was so cold everywhere and I was shivering like hell. How could I forget to take sweaters on this winter season? My dresses were in suitcases. And now, I won't get a hold of it as we had already boarded our flight. God! I'm such an idiot. Now, what will I even do?

          Our seating arrangement was like, Sanskar on the window side, me in middle and some male stranger on the other side. Time was passing and I was shivering as fuck! Sanskar dozed into sleep as he was very tired. And as usual, he ignored me all the while.

          Sensing my uneasiness, the stranger offered his sweater. I denied it immediately. I looked at my husband and sighed. Here, a mere stranger is concerned about me. And my so-called husband is slumbering peacefully. My fate.

                It would be at 2 am. The whole flight was silent. Everyone was sleeping. I too kept my eyes closed. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my thighs. I was shocked. I got up and looked at the hand. It was the stranger's. I removed it immediately. I thought it was a mistake from his side. After a while, I could feel a hand snaking my waist. I jerked and looked around. Sanskar and Stranger were sleeping. Then, who's hand was that? I dreamt or something? I kept on thinking about it.

              "What's your rate?" I turned and saw the stranger looking at me like a hungry lion. He was all set to attack me. I was afraid. Maybe, I would be the first girl who was in trouble even when her husband is next to her.

               I tried to wake Sanskar up. He woke immediately when I called him. I was holding his arms. I was scared. Now, more than the stranger, I was scared of Sanskar's reaction.

               "For god's sake, leave me alone." He exclaimed and scowled at me. I stood helpless. I could sense the stranger looking at us.

                 "Sanskar, I need the window seat. Please, shall we switch our seats." I requested slowly. I don't want to bear his hatred. I'm sure if I say that, I was being harassed by the stranger, Sanskar won't believe me. Why not, I'm a bitch, in front of him. I mourned at my fate.

                 "Get lost. If you disturb me again, you are gonna face the real Sanskar Maheshwari." Sanskar warned and again dozed into sleep.

               "Who is he? Your friend?" The stranger asked me. I'm sure, he had heard everything we said. I don't know what to do. Even Sanskar isn't listening to me.

                 "I'm a married woman! Can't you see, mangalsutra and sindoor on me? And the person next to me is my husband. Did you get that? if you try to do anything like that again, my husband is a police officer. Remember that." I replied to him in a harsh tone. Men like him are the black spot to male society.

                  "Oh really! I could see how much your police husband loves you. Forget about loving, he isn't interested to start even a conversation with you. Also, do you know who I am?" He again started to disturb me. The nerve of this man. 

                   "If you don't know, who you are--how come I will ever know it? Are you psycho?" I was very irritated. I have already said my point. Still, he is annoying me.

                  "Girl! Don't mess with me. Because the consequences won't be tolerable for a middle-class girl like you." He cautioned me. Really! Middle-class girl? I'm the daughter of the great industrialist Shekhar Gadodia. And about my so-called husband, he is the top businessman in India.