• | The Serene Project | •

The Serene Project.

CHAPTER: 11

|•|

Swara.

Yesterday night, Riya and Divya kept on asking about my first night experience. They know, he was my crush and he proposed first, for this marriage. That's why they were so interested in hearing about my first night. When I felt, they won't leave me forever, I changed the topic and asked about their boyfriends. Thank God! That worked. They were so immersed in bragging about their boyfriends that they forgot about my first-night thing. Of course, this would happen if you have cousins of your age.

I woke up early. After taking a bath, I went to the kitchen for making the tea. I insisted on Sulochana kaki and made the tea. Even she likes to drink my special tea.

Then, I went to each and everyone's room for keeping the morning tea on the table. Even though I'm a coffee addict, I like to prepare tea more than coffee. When I entered my room, Sanskar was still asleep. How innocent he looks! I felt like to kiss his cheeks and those rosy lips. Swara!! What.the.hell. you know he doesn't deserve it. Don't forget your sanity! I scolded myself and kept the tea on the tea table.

I know today is an important day in my life. I'm going to work. I'm going to earn. I'm going to stand myself. I felt proud of myself. I have taken a master degree in computer science. And now, I'm going to work as a system manager. I felt so happy.

It would be 8 in the morning, everyone came downstairs. I made breakfast and side dishes quickly so that everyone can have it on time. Sanskar came after getting ready.

"Mom, ask everyone to have breakfast. I will come after getting ready." I stated and went to my room.

I came downstairs after getting ready. I could see everyone washing their hands after having breakfast. I went to them smiling.

"Shona, eat this kheer." Papa gave me a spoon full of kheer as I was going to the office for the first time.

I took blessings from elders and went with Sanskar. We entered the car and there was a deadly silence. Suddenly, Sanskar got a call.

"Yes, Lavanya. I'm on the way. So, every arrangement is done, right?" He was talking to her. What type of arrangements? I hope, he wasn't planning anything against me.

"Okay, that's good!" He looked at me with a smirk. I was scared. I was sweating badly. Why the hell I had even agreed for joining his company. I'm sure, he won't leave me in peace.

"Madamjii is sweating hard. What happened? Even the ac is on. Do you need anything." He was aiming at me sarcastically. The nerve of this man. I hate him.

"Sorry to disappoint you. I'm not at all sweating. You are flying so high, Sanskar. I swear you can't do anything to me. Even if, you are thinking to trouble me with overload chores, I don't care." I said without cracking my voice. What does he think of himself? A Greek God? Hell!!

"I'm not at all a Greek god. But yes, I'm your God. I can destroy you completely within a minute. So don't mess with me, bitch." What the hell! How could he even hear that? Urg!! Swara, now just concentrate on your breathing. Sanskar is a shit. Okay!

Soon we reached Maheshwari group of companies. It was standing in front of me with tremendous glory. Sanskar stormed inside the building without sparing me a glance. I sighed. I got inside the office to see many girls wearing a very short dress. What the hell! Was there any ramp walk here? Why can't they wear something decent? Look at their makeup! God!! I think they spend their whole salary on buying this dress and makeup kit. I shook my head and went to the reception area.