~Prologe~

I've had the idea of this book for quite some time now, and finally decided to write it down.

First off, thank you for reading this^^

This chapter is longer than the others, since it's the start of this story.

As I wrote in the description, I'll be following the Manga, so

MANGA SPOILERS AHEAD

All right, let's start this book.

Enjoy!

\(^♡^)/

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

"M-Mommy...? Shinya-nii...?" asked the seven year old girl, her (e/c) eyes wide. The sound of a woman's scream and a cracking bone was heard. The girl covered her ears, screaming at the top of her lungs. "(Y-(Y/N)! Run!" yelled her older brother, Shinya. She watched in horror as he spit out a lot of blood while her mother was being eaten right next to him. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she couldn't help but to throw up. "Run away!" screamed her mother, trying to fight the demon off. But it wouldn't work. Soon enough, the girl's mother wasn't moving anymore. "Shinya-nii... W-We can still run together! Q-Quick-" she called, but got cut off by the demon. He rammed his sharp fangs into her brother's back. However, he didn't scream. He tried his best to not scare his little sister more. It was the least he could do for her now. "Go. Go away." he told her, over and over again. But the girl stood her ground, shaking her head furiously. "No! I don't want to go without you! I want to-" "(Y/N)!" She stopped talking and looked at him through glassy eyes. Her eyes widened once more as she saw his expression. He smiled kindly at her, just like he usually did. "I-It's fine, (Y/N). I wasn't strong enough to save Mom, so I at least want to save you." She listened as her body started shivering madly. A sickening crack was heard and her brother flinched. But he didn't cry. Instead, he continued to smile at his little sister. "You're the best thing that ever happened to us. We never deserved you or your smile... So smile, (Y/N). Live and smile. For me and Mom." "Shinya-nii... I-I'll miss you..." With that, she turned on her heals and started to run.

Run.

Don't stop.

If you stop now, it's over.

Everything...

Everything will end if you stop...

Mommy...

Shinya-nii...

No matter how far, I'll run.

I'll make it!

Her legs were shaking more with every step she took. And after another ten minutes of her running through the forest at night, she tripped. Her breathing was quick and uneven as she slowly sat up, turning around. She didn't see the demon. She wasn't even sure if it was chasing her. She just had to make sure to survive. Suddenly, she heard a low growl behind her. Her head snapped towards the sudden noise. Glowing, red eyes stared at her tiny body as her eyes widened in fear. The demon was now only inches away from her. In a matter of seconds, the demon grabbed the girl's wrist as she tried to run away. "I-It hurts! L-Let me go!" she screamed, but of course the demon didn't listen. It only tightened its grip around her wrist, creating a nasty sound from it. The girl screamed in pain as her eyes teared up once more. Then, the demon pushed her to the ground, hovering over her. "S-Someone..." begged the girl. The demon took in her scent. "Smells... delicious..." he said before biting into her flesh. Her right arm began bleeding immediately as more screams echoed through the night. But as quick as he started to bite, he stopped. The girl slowly opened her teary eyes, getting a glimpse of the demon's body. Without its head. She was relieved, yet terrified. She immediately crawled a bit away from the demon's body, watching as two boys ended it's life. "Are you all right?" asked the one with peach hair. The other boy stayed silent as his partner smiled at the little girl. "Sh-Shinya-nii... Mommy... Demon... Blood... W-Why...?" was all she said, covering her ears again. Suddenly, she felt warm arms around her. "Hey, Giyuu, didn't know you had a soft side." joked the peach haired boy before turning serious again. "Little girl, what's your name?" he asked, but she didn't answer. "At such a young age, too. Tch. Those demons... Let's take her to Urokodaki-Sensei." "Yes." said Giyuu, lifting the little girl up. He put her on his back and as they walked, she slowly started to drift into sleep, feeling safe with the two boys.