Chapter 5

The students loved the idea of a movie night, apparently. We sold exactly six hundred and thirty two tickets. Our next problem would be finding a movie suitable for everyone. Romance was ruled out as we gathered, most guys do not like romance.

"I have an idea." Rohan stated. I rolled my eyes no way could he possibly come up with two good ideas in one year. More unlikely would in be in a weeks time. "We let everyone give us ideas whatever movie the most people come up with we use that one." He crosses his arms like he was sure of himself. I was correct to assume he most certainly could not have two brilliant ideas in a matter of a year.

"Rohan, that will not work." I blankly stare at him as he pouts. He really was trying for once though. Give credit when due.

"Oh but I know what will." Amber started. She had my attention, she of all people knew what people wanted. "We come up with five good movies to post and create a digital vote in the computer lab, todays classes are basically cancelled with all of the planning. We get the principal to announce it and send everyone a link in their emails, they vote. We use the number one voted for movie. While everyone's voting we take that time to plan out how we're going to set up the gym in order to watch the movie in the first place."

"You see that I can get behind." Jake agreed. "To the computer room we go." Jake agreeing with Amber? New one to me. I'm sure it felt new to the two of them.

It took a while to decide on five movies but the ones we ended up listing for the vote were something the guys had a hard time agreeing on. We let them choose two actions, we threw in a horror, and the girls convinced them into allowing two romances to hit the list. Amber and Rohan announced it over the intercom while Jake and Tyler sent out links to everyone. "I'm going to head to the gym, you guys can come that way when your finished." I turned to walk out and met Zach outside the door. "Oh hey, they're in there sending out links and waiting on the results." I tell him before walking around him.

"Oh okay. Sorry I wasn't in there I ran to first period to let them know we were busy. Where are you headed?" All the teachers more than likely knew what was going on as most of the students haven't gone to their classes today at all. His was sweet for thinking of all of us.

"To the gym to see what all needs to be done today before the movie tomorrow." I sigh. "It'll be a pain in the ass to figure out a placement for the large monitor."

"Need help?" He seemed eager, too eager. "I mean hanging the monitor by the opposite goal is an option."

"Uh. Yeah sure. If you want or you can stay and help them. Either is fine." I tried to blow it off like I didn't mind either way, the truth is though that Jake has been acting strange when Zach's name comes up. I'm afraid of the possibilities. Zach acts as though he has a crush, of some sort.

I do not want to be in the midst of that.

"They have plenty of help. Come on." I nodded my head in agreement as we began walking to the gym.

"So is Amber as bad as you recalled?" He let's out a quick breath of air and rolls his eyes slyly. That let me know everything I needed to know. I still wanted him to answer though.

"She's got a good act on today. If that's what your referring to." I couldn't exactly tell if it was an act or if she's really changed her attitude all I knew what today she's been a great help. I'd wanted to tell him to give her the benefit of the doubt, but after everything she's done to the group I decided against it.

"Yeah, maybe you're right Zach." Maybe he was. In my own opinion though, maybe he wasn't. I mean she's stuck around all day when she didn't have to. That's one good thing. One good thing aside from the several horrible things she's done.

What made her and Ally fall off was what has burdened me today. I haven't seen them together all day. Until today I never remember seeing one without the other.

"Your idea for the gym, how's that going?" I let out a flustered sigh and shrugged my shoulders. I didn't know how I would possibly set the gym for a movie night, but I'd try.

The two of us discussed ideas as we walked across the back parking lot and over to the gym. We had numerous plans but I needed to cipher out which would work in reality. Three for a fact could be excluded, including his outrageous offering to hang platforms the the beams for everyone to bring blankets for. As soon as he placed his hand on the gym door handle I reached out and stopped him. "Zachary!"

"No." He yanked his hand away and huffed. "No." I rolled my eyes at his childish act. "Zach."

"Alright. Zach." I paused as a smirk plastered across my face. "I have a great idea." He scratched his neck and glanced at me as if he were scared. "It involves shopping." A long grunt left his parched mouth as he slumped over and sat at the steps before the double doors. "Oh come on."

"Why did I know this would end in shopping?" I smiled at him and pulled him to his feet urging him to get up and follow me. "I will assume you expect me to drive?"

"Unless you trust me enough to drive the precious Audi." I reminded him of my very bad driving record.

"On second thought, driving isn't that bad for me. I can do it."

"No pressure Zach." I playful tugged him behind me.

"No, no. I promise it's no big deal I love driving in the city with all the traffic and rude people." He plastered a fake smile to his lips. His perfect teeth glaring at me. "I swear." His teeth were gritted together as he forced the words out of his strangling throat.

"Great. I'd hate to put you in a predicament." I walked to the edge of the parking lot and waited on him to retrieve his keys from his pocket to unlock the car.

"Where to princess pain in my ass?" He coyly leaned over the center console and showed me his fake smile once more.

"The cheapest blankets we'll find will more than likely be at walmart." His blank stare revealed everything he understood. Nothing. "Just take me to Walmart dear driver. I'll explain later." With a turn of the key we were headed on our way. This movie night would be a blast, I would be sure of it.

"So Anna, what are you doing for prom?" His question alerted me as we pulled onto the highway. I'd never spoken about anything serious with any of the guys. Aside from Jake. Maybe this was Zachary's way of trying to be closer with me so Jake would understand he was there for him.

"Jake and I are probably-" and that's when he cut me off.

"Oh so the two of you are going together? Or were we doing like a group thing?" Zach what are you doing? You're pestering with the friendship dynamic. Please don't do this to us.

"I think just Jake and I. He hasn't told me otherwise." That was in fact true. Jake and I haven't spoken about prom. I didn't think we needed to. Not since we decided in junior high we would be attending together.

"Maybe the two of you should try taking an actual date." His statement did make some sense, but the reality was that Jake and I have decided we would go to prom together years ago. It's not like I expect either of us to start dating anyone before then. We've not dated anyone, ever. It's always been the two of us.

Exactly like I've judged Ally and Amber for.

"Like who?" I chuckled as I stared out the window then glanced toward him.

"Me."

"You?" He nodded his head.

"Zachary." My voice was almost a whisper, I couldn't believe he'd just basically asked me to prom. I was going to continue speaking before he cut my thoughts completely off. I was honestly glad he did. I needed a moment to collect myself.

"Well were here. Let's go get those blankets." This would be a very interesting shopping spree for me. May just so happen to be Zachs first random shopping spree from the looks of his face.