Chapter 11

"Anna, Jake does love you. He's scared for you to get hurt?" I wanted to laugh, I could've. I couldn't though. He's scared for me to get hurt? Ironic because last I remember, he's the one who's hurt me. Time and time again, with no remorse. Jake wants me to hurt. "I wish I could explain it to you. I wish Jake would've sooner, but he didn't. I promised him I would let you make your own mistake. I wouldn't involve myself. I don't want to see you hurting Anna. He's hurting to. I can't tell you though." I wanted him to tell me, to know what was going on but my mouth wouldn't let me. I was fed up if I'm honest. My usual personality has vanished from reality and I'm hurt beyond measures.

"Is that all?" My tone was so bored. He was shocked. I had shocked him in his moment of truth maybe the last time I'd be able to talk to Tyler and I'm about to purposely anger him, possibly hurt or embarrass him. I didn't seem to find the care I thought I would. "Because if it is, then I need to go." He glared towards me. Like I had offended him. I didn't have time for this.

"Well basically, but Anna I need you to try to understand that.." this time I laughed. I laughed because I could and I wanted to. The entire thing was funny now. Did I understand why exactly it was humorous to me? No.

Yes.

Yes I did.

It was humorous because this wouldn't have happened without their hurt. If Amber never would've hurt them earlier Tyler and I wouldn't be sitting on the bleachers right now. So I laughed again. "Understand that Jake is an ass and your an even bigger ass for coming to me with this?" He didn't respond now. Was he hurting like I used to? Sweet karma my love. "Understand that Jake and I were never actually friends? Neither were we." I smiled at him . "I'm going to go." I stood and grabbed my bag before walking down the steps of the bleachers.

"Anna?" I turned my head at him to glance back. What could he possibly do to make up for whats Jakes done. "Please remember that we've tried if anything. We really have." I snort and finish walking down the steps. Tried what? Hurting me, I'm over that now.

Goodbye Tyler. Goodbye Rohan. Most importantly Goodbye Jake.

Jacob.

When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. Then when your courage is rolling back to you, you muster up the new found courage and pour the entire glass of lemonade on Jakes head. The bust it over the top of his skull.

I felt this way because I could, I needed to really. So when I found myself back in the lounge and spotted him across the room I stomped over to him. I was determined to destroy his self preservation. The proximity was familiar, but now it was disgusting. I no longer looked at my bestfriend with fondness. I scowled at him in disgust.

Complete and utter disgust.

Ever heard of word vomit because I lived through it in this exact moment. "You had no right to send Tyler to beg for your forgiveness." He looked at me seemingly, amused yet still held a sense of the same offensive vibes as I had. Maybe I'd hit a nerve and I wanted him to feel more. "I don't want to forgive you because you are a shit person. I'm glad you helped me realize that." Zach stood and placed a hand on my back, a warm touch. I really could admit, he's been amazing. Jake laughed at me. He really did, I hated him for it. "What is so damn funny to you?" I blurt out.

"You." His eyes looked at me, scanned my face. My body. They returned to my face. "That's pitiful." He informed me. Everyone was watching my outburst, no one besides Jake and I were speaking. We were at least speaking though. That was a glimpse of hope for how I thought of him before my conversation with Tyler. I didn't know that Jake could destroy it though. "I never asked anyone to get you to forgive me, hell I could care less if you forgive me. Ever. But when he.." he points his long finger at Zach. "When he.." his eyes tear up and I watched as the boy before me crumbled. His mouth is covered by his hand like he's sick and he looks away from me. His bag is yanked from the table and he storms toward the door. "You know.." he didn't turn around, but I could sense the tears. All the joy of Jake was gone. "You're a naive girl Anna." The door was pulled open and he began to walk. "And I'm sorry it's going to take him to show you that." They keep saying him like he is a disease. It bothers me because while they've all been so hateful Zach has been around being the best he can be.

Zach has been the only person I've had for weeks and everyone is dragging his name today. Like he wasn't the guy who held me together this entire time. I watched as Jakes spirit crumbled. Sure, I wanted to run and hug him, wipe his tears away. That's not my Jake anymore. This Jake is aggressive and rude. Arrogant, nonetheless, and I am tired of everyone trying to force me away from what I have. Zach. I had Jake at once but no one tried pulling us apart. Jake shut me out of his life.

It took two days to accept Amber for them. Two days and they hated her. We all accepted Zach from the beginning, we were all friends. Yet they refuse to accept Zach and I. It has nearly been two weeks. Two weeks of absolute hell. Chaos just keeps erupting.

Ally ushered me out of the door as the bell rang and Zach wrapped an arm over my shoulder. "Anna, honey I'm sorry." Ally whispered. I wanted to cry but tears weren't falling. I touched my face to clarify. It was dry. "What did Tyler say?"

"Lies, apparently." It tasted bitter to admit Tyler had lied to me. I needed to find a way to get used to this. The group of boys telling me things that may or may not be try.

Another jab at me was watching my outburst in front of the class. So everyone thinks it's me, not Jake. Not even Rohan or Tyler. It had to be my own fault.

Maybe I'd cried so much over everything going on, I couldn't form tears any longer. "Would you like to go get some coffee after school?" She asked. No I didn't want to. I looked over to Zach who watched my face. I knew he'd understand. He'd create something for me, he'd give me my way out. He'd be my saving grace..again.

"She and I were actually going to have dinner with my mom tonight. Next week I promise to make sure the two of you will have a day for just that, the two of you. I'll pay to get your nails done." Ally smiled and nudged her way into my arm with hers. We stopped in front of our bio class for the exam, Zach had history this period. "I'll see you in two hours love bug." He kissed my forehead and I hugged him close to me. He looked over to Ally as I walked inside the door. "Thank you." I heard leave his mouth before she accompanied me at the table. I assume he'd asked her to keep an eye on me. She probably agreed with no hesitation, as always.

The bio test, wasn't one I was bothered with. I never worried about biology. I'd studied sure, but I knew this. I loved biology. Ally wasn't struggling either and I'm glad she was focused on something other than my feelings. I wished she and Zach could both find something else to focus on. Having someone always worried about you can get slightly unbearable. You don't have much independence.

However, it was nice to have someone around who cared so much. I knew with her, this would last. Her and Amber together were dangerously evil but she and I haven't been toxic towards one another from the start. Ally and I together are pretty thoughtful to surrounding people if they'll let us.

I've never been so glad to have someone in my life. She's quickly turned into my best friend. I'd never even been friends with a female at all until her. I hated the thought of constantly being around a female. Usually they were so eager to spread false rumors and add to your dilemmas. Ally is the opposite of that which goes to explain why she has blankly refused to forgive Amber.