Chapter 8

It all blurred. The entire next week was a blur. Maybe if I'd have told Jake earlier that Zach and I were going to try this out he wouldn't be so upset with with me. Then again, I believe he would have anyways. Jake expected him and I to be exactly that forever. Him and I. He never wanted me to have anyone else. Not Zach, not Ally. Only Jake. He wanted to be the only person I ever cared about and it just wasn't in the cards for me. It couldn't be. I needed people. Everyone needs people and he had several. Yet wanted me to have no one.

Jake and Anna against everything else. What a joke.

Maybe that's how it should've been, but I don't feel like that would've worked in the future. Someone would've came along wether it be for him or me. I don't suppose I'd act the way he has though. I texted him later that night, he didn't respond. I called his name in the parking lot that Monday. He only looked at me. A noise came from his mouth but it wasn't words, only a chuckled followed by a smirk before he turned away. Rohan and Tyler weren't speaking to Zach and I either. Tyler hugged me once and apologized, told me Jake would come around. Then Rohan called him away from me. Tyler wanted to be there for me, yet he couldn't be bothered with losing Jake.

Amber looked at me with pity but didn't speak, I could tell she felt bad though. "Anna you okay?" Ally rubbed her hand across my back as she sat in the desk behind me. Zach stared at me from the desk beside me.

"Yeah I'm okay." That was strange as well, Ally becoming my friend over the past week. I'd not have pictured this if I had to. Amber had done something terrible to her. That's what caused them to fall off. Ally was originally talking to Rohan until Amber took it a step further and slept with him at Ally's party.

"Average if anything." Rohan retorted, trying to mumble. Ally gave him an ice cold glare as Zach turned to face him. He didn't need to say anything. He didn't have to ruin my day.

"Something to get off your chest?" I was beyond humiliated. This was agonizing to me. Unluckily for me Jake sat up in his seat. Like he had a point to prove.

"Focus on her." He pointed at me. "And stay over there in that conversation." Zach glared at him and Jake remainder nonchalant.

"I could say the same." Ally was infuriated. "Didn't your little bitch just join our conversation to take a jab at Anna?" She turned her head to the side. "You can't do your own defensive insults? Gotta have your little bitch ass friends say shit?"

"You also have an input?" Amber let out a smirky smile. "I never would've guessed." She gasp, laughing.

"I have more than an input if you wanna stand the fuck up." Ally stood from her seat and started walking towards Amber. Amber flinched in her seat and climbed under the bar to the other side, pushing herself closer to the next desk over. "I thought so." She smiled at her, vibrantly while the back of the class snickered.

"Mrs. Johnson." She looked up from grading our test. "May I be excused." The tears in my eyes must've led her to believe it was serious as she nodded her head and looked between the two groups. I wanted to glance back, I wanted to see Jakes face, I missed him. I couldn't though. For my own well being.

Instead I darted towards the door. In the distance I could hear Ally asking to check on me and Amber mumbling a few words. Why she so suddenly had such an opinion was beyond me. That's when the door swung open and I seen him. He ran over to me as I sat on the stairs and leaned against the rail. "Anna, I'm sorry." I buried my face in my knees. "Sweetie."

"Zach, I don't know what to do anymore, I'm trying." I sobbed into my knees and he sat beside me rubbing my back. "I keep trying and I try not to let it bother me but it's hard. How can he be so hateful, I've not done anything." How can he be my best friend for so long only to be so mean now? I looked up at Zach with the tears still rolling one after the other chasing each other closely. I let out a sob that took all of my breath. It was repeated and I felt the hyperventilating start. My hands were shaking and I know damn well I looked so stupid. I couldn't control it.

"Baby." He hushed me and pulled me away from my knees and towards his chest. "I'm here for you now and I'm going to be here for you from now on. If he can't get over it, that's just him being childish. We've got to move on at this point." I sobbed a little more as I felt my chin quiver. "Stop crying angel." He kissed at my tear covered cheeks and stood up pulling me with him. "Let's skip the rest of the day." My crying stops resulting in sniffles.

"Zach." I look at him sternly. I can't skip. Not over something so minuscule.

"I'm serious, let's go watch a movie or walk the beach, get tattoos. To hell with it, let's get tattoos Anna." He smiled as I stared at him.

"Trios?" He looked at me quizzically. "Ally too." He groaned and nodded his head.

"Princess pain in my ass and her noble side kick." I smile at him as he whips the last tear away.

"That's what I've missed all day, that beautiful smile." He kissed the top of my head and grabbed my hand. "So how do you suppose we get her out of there?"

"Great question. I have an ever greater answer." He looked mortified. "I do."

"I bet. Go on spit it out. Give me my reason for suspension." I laugh and pull his phone out of his back pocket. "No. Anna I'm not doing that."

"Yes. This is Mr. Edwin, could I get Ally Black to sign out. Could you remind her that her appointment is at 10 this morning?" Zach tried to use his best old man voice and watched as I laughed at him in the passenger seat. 10 a.m. I couldn't even make it till then? "Thank you sir." He nodded his head. "And you have a good day as well."

He ended the call and I let my laughing explode. "I'm going to be suspended for sure." I laughed again as he started the car. Laughing meant I wasn't crying for a change. "Okay giggly, look for Ally so she doesn't get in her car and head to that appointment." My laugh ceases as I scan the area and he lets out one strangled laugh.

"What?" He just shakes his head and leans over to kiss my cheek. "Pull up to her car. I see her." He lets the passenger side window down as she spots us. "Get in gorgeous." I state. She shakes her head as a wide smile appears and climbs in the back of his car.

"Why did I know you guys were up to something?"

"Something big I tell you." Zach states. "You'll see when we get there side kick." Her questionable look reveals she may be a little scared as he heads to the highway. Under the owning I spot Jake and Rohan who seem to be headed to the break lounge.

"How big?" She questions.

"That's very inappropriate Ally, and I don't think Anna would appreciate you asking me that." I snort and glance back at her.

"It's gigantic." I smile as she shakes her head.

"Well let me text my father and let him know he signed me out for a 10 am appointment Incase they call him." They will.

I never would expected junior year to go this way but I must admit, I'm having fun today. My second period melt down led to my two need relationships growing stronger and much closer.

Today is a good day.

Which should be recognized because we did get matching tattoos today. A breeze as Ally and I call it. The flow is what Zach labeled it.

Google says a wind gust.

Our meaning was to let this guide us, be open to going with the wind. New things are around the corner if we allow it. We had to allow it to move on.

We agreed on this because it's permanent and even if what were forming comes to an end, the meaning behind this mark should not. It should live on with the three of us. Even if it's separately. We will always have this bond. Forever.