Chapter 24

It didn't matter, I didn't have the time. My energy was not to run back inside the hotel lobby and confess my dirty action to Jake. I knew I was wrong for it, I knew it would bite me in the ass.

Fire for Zach though? It wasn't gone. My body ached for days, longing to be touched by Zach. Now I was here, I was straddling his waist he was cupping my cheek. Breathing heavily against my forehead as I did the same. The boy that I loved was right here. Jake was inside, he didn't have to know.

I know myself to well. I'll tell him. The amount of hatred he'll spew at me this time leaves me drained, just the mere thought of his hatred. "Anna." Zach almost moaned my name and set my stomach on fire, it burned with the heaviness of his own voice. I loved the man who hurt me.

Boy did he hurt me.

"Let's go upstairs." The vague statement introduced what I already knew would happen. His tongue flicked over the skin of my neck and I moved my hips.

"Zach." I whined. "Jake is inside the lobby." He gently sucks the bare skin pulling it between his teeth sure you leave a mark.

"And now he'll know what you've done regardless." His eyes begged me. "Please, Anna?" Now he was begging. I wanted to, I wanted to so badly. Shit.

"Fine." Quickly he lifted me from his lap and led me to the steps. I was petrified, I knew perfectly well Jake would catch us running up the stairs to the room Zach bought prior to this night, for tonight.

He didn't and I was thankfully, however I still felt sick to know what I was about to be doing behind his back. I'd done it before in a sense, but this time it's worse. Before it was like I was stabbing my bestfriend in the back but now? I'm cheating on my boyfriend. Is he my boyfriend? He hasn't made it clear to me. It couldn't really be cheating then, could it.

He has. He made it clear.

I'm a terrible person.

Zach pushed the room card into the slot on the door and nudged it open, before I could proceed through the door he held open he firmly placed a hand on my shoulder. "Anna." Lack of communication skills is what I have right now. I'm torn. Torn between loving Zach and letting Jake love me. Deep down I felt that Zach would again hurt me. It's what my father always preached into me 'once a cheater, always a cheater.' Would I be the stupid girl who lets him back into my life with the voice in the back of my head pointing out every single red flag available?

In a sense, yes. With hope. Hope that he wouldn't break me again. In all reality expecting him to do just that. I expect for this to end horribly and I hoped that I wouldn't. Shouldn't everyone seize the opportunity to be with the person they love? Regardless of anyone else, even if anyone else is Jake. I'd like to think so. "If you want to turn around, tell me now." I shake my head boldly and automatically.

In a swift movement he has me laced around his waist, walking us through the door. Our lips have already connected and hungrily he devours my lips. He has captured my soul as his hands greedily move over my skin from my side to my waist. Holding me tightly against his body. One foot pushes the door until it clicks shut, locking. "I missed you." It comes out in a purring manner and I feel the chill bumps traveling across his arms.

After crossing the room to the bed he lays me across the middle and takes no time sliding the revealing slit dress up. "Anna, you are mine." I nod my head, moaning as I feel his finger tips glide across the top of my panties. Teasing me, I burned for his touch. Under that very touch. His skin against mine is so different. Slowly he slides his finger tips to curve the waist band. "You're so beautiful Anna." Another tease by his tongue flicking the material between us.

"No." I moan. He lifts his head and I see the pure lust in his eyes. "Stop."

"You want me to stop?" Defeat clear in his voice for my awkward, unfinished statement.

"Teasing. Stop teasing." My breath is nearly halted as I ache for Zach. A crooked smirk forms as he slides my panties the rest of the way down.

After what seemed like seconds, when in reality was almost an hour I've cleaned myself and pulled my panties back to their original place Zach rolls over to face me. He was not getting dressed and from what I could tell plans to stay the night here. He had an over night bag on the chair before I ever walked in. I questioned why he bought a room but never brought it up. "Don't forget what I said." He states. I try to recall a conversation I should be reminded of. I come up with nothing. "You are mine Anna." A smile betrays me as I look at the beautiful naked boy sprawl across the bed.

"Okay." I respond as he leans up, expectant of a kiss. I grant him of just that before I tidy my revealing dress and exit the hotel room his mother most definitely paid a fortune for.

My walk back to the large lobby is short lived as Ally runs to me, the red head still with her. "Uh oh." He sarcastically remarks. I glare at him daring him to say something inappropriate. "Were there misquotes out tonight?" I slap a hand over my neck as Ally wraps her arm in my own, pulling me towards the wash room. The red head stands back, watching. Seemingly amused by my embarrassment.

"I'm not here to judge, I'm here to help. I have concealer and foundation in my purse. It never happened. You were walking around the garden and got lost in all the beautiful flowers. Zach who?" She was digging through her purse, frantically as I studied her. Friends like her are a blessing, she reminded me of this daily. I pull her into a hug, wanting to cry as she pulls out her sponge dabbing it into the conceal and trying to conceal the deep purple mark. "I went looking for you and I found you, at the roses. You were wanting some air because Jake walked off and you could feel all the tension."

"I have to tell him." I want her to side with me. She's the only stability I have and I wanted her to agree. She chewed the inside of her jaw looking at me from the corners of her eyes. She didn't speak as she continually tried to cover the hickey. "Should I tell him?" She finally rest against the sink and gestures to my neck, telling me to check it. From what I could see, she had covered it well. "Ally?" I turned back to face her.

"Anna, did you miss Jake?" I nod my head as I continue looking at the once purple mark. It was now nude, same as my skin. "If you tell him, he will hate you again. I think much worse this time." I glance down, knowing she was right. "However, Zach and I became friends when all of us were hanging out." She sighs. "He did hurt you though, what he did was shit. He should be punished for that. As far as maybe you should string him along for a while. I know you've missed him, it's been written across you face for the past two days. You have to let him know he hurt you. What he did was unacceptable." I nod again. "But you can't hurt Jake in the process. You guys are getting close. Closer than you were before Anna." I know that's correct. Before Jake and I were great friends, it seems now that we have potential to be more. Zach is what eliminates the entire idea of Jake and I. I was in love with him. "Maybe while stringing Zach along, you could get Jake to understand you do want him around, but you also want to be with Zach. Possibly Jake will hate you again for letting things go as far as they have only to run back to Zach. Like it's a big possibility ninety nine point nine percentage. But then you have to ask yourself..who could you cope with losing better?"

My answer was Jake I could cope with losing him. Not like death but never speaking again. At least not in a friendly manner. I'd done it before. I couldn't last a week without Zach and I've proved that.

I am completely and utterly in love with the boy who built me back up after Jake and ripped my heart out months later.