Chapter 12

Weeks passed me by slowly. I've had limited contact with Jake. Zach and I have grown fonder and I've spent a lot of free time with Ally.

It's been six weeks since I last spoke to Jake, I see him in the halls but never offer him a smile or even a scowl just keep walking because I couldn't be in the torment he caused me any longer. I needed to set myself on my own path and learn to make decisions for myself. I'd only offered him a glance once, he didn't even look the same. Immediately, I looked away.

As for the decision I've just made, I did it for myself. I ;however, did not have to go through it alone. The fights between my mother and father got worse, much worse. They'd signed the papers and I thought that would be the end of it. It wasn't though, because the next thing I knew they were fighting over me. Something that may not have bothered them or maybe they hadn't even realized. My mental health was at an all time low.

Mom would take me shopping and as a stab in her back dad would take me to the beach for the weekend. Only for me to come back and have a new phone from my mother. Then dad would make outfits dedicated to and designed for me. Mom would plan parties for me to throw and offer to help set up.

The gifts were great, but they weren't from love. They were asking me to chose a favorite. Fighting over my attention. Wanting to one up each other. Why a parent would even want to do this to their child I couldn't figure out. I no longer wanted to be a part of it. That is why, I'm moving out. I didn't chose either of them. I chose myself because when my life was falling to literal pieces, they were too absorbed in hating one another to ask me how I was. They were too involved in tormenting the other to check on me, their daughter. Their youngest child of two. I see now why Erica left so suddenly. I didn't before, I began to wonder when she didn't return. She never called or tried to get in touch with us. Sure I would snap chat her sometimes, but she didn't answer. She was seven years older than me and lived through this long before I could ever understand. They had been this way for years apparently and blamed me for staying together for so long. I was getting put through just as much at home as I suffered through at school. I still couldn't understand why Erica just up and left without a word.

I lost her the same day they did even though I'd done nothing, but that's okay. I have myself. Ally and her father offered to let me stay with them until Ally and I graduated and went off to the college of our dreams. It was utterly shocking to find, Ally's dream was much similar to mine. To our own luck we have received an early start on our essays to send to the school. We hoped we would dorm together as we know we'd need one another. We also know we don't want to dorm with a stranger. I didn't want to depend on her to be there for me, but it's good to have the choice. "Is this all of it?" Zach asked as we walked to Ally's Jeep. I nodded my head as he took a box from me and loaded it into the Jeep. "You'll be okay darling. Ally and I will always be here for you and you know you can come to my house and talk to my mother and I whenever you need." I nod my head again and pull him into a hug as I climb into the passenger seat beside Ally.

My mother didn't bother talking to me the entire time I was packing my belongings, she didn't even seem to care. All my memories, all my life was pack into boxes and the ones I couldn't bare were shoved into her attic. In hopes that someday when she pulls them out, she'll miss me. Not only me but Erica and my father as well.

Jake was leaned against his car outside as Tyler and Rohan were nearby, looking around the garage for tools. It appears that they are changing a tire. He is watching all of this. He will always be involved into my business based off the fact that he lives too close to my mothers house.

My entire family has fallen apart and there is nothing I can do. Regardless, I am too drained to try.

After all the fighting and bickering, neither of them said a word when I announced I was moving out of mother's home. No one fought for me. Not then; yet, they never did fight for me. I have to remind myself it was always a fight over me, not for me. I fought for them though. For them to stay together just like I fought to remain friends with Jake.

But no one fought for me.

No one cared for me.

"So dad said you can have the apartment downstairs if that's cool? So that way you don't feel like your obligated to join us. He said your more than welcome to join us on anything at all, but doesn't want you to think you have to." I smile and kiss Ally's cheek.

"Thank you, I'm glad I have you around." Zach reached around from the back seat and placed his hand on my shoulder, rubbing my exposed skin. "I hope you guys are good with helping me unpack and set up?" I didn't want to make them feel like they had to after they'd willingly helped my pack all of my things into the vehicle.

"Well of course." Zach responded as he pulled a pink bear from a box beside him. "Can't wait till you find out where this guy goes." Ally chuckles as I click my tongue on the roof of my mouth. He moves the bear to me and acts as though it's kissing my cheek. "I can't believe I'm in love with a girl who still has stuffed animals to cuddle on."

In love with?

The sudden silence alerts everyone and Ally adjust her mirror to look at Zach.

"Zach?" I breathe. I wanted to confirm what I'd just heard. I felt the same way but could that have been an accident on his part? Possibly.

"You don't have to repeat it to me, but I mean it Anna. I just want you to know where my head is." I hold onto his hand and kiss his arm as I rest my chin against it.

"Awe, the first I love you." Ally chirped. "And I witnessed it. If it was accidental that was the smoothest save I've ever known." He chuckled this time and kissed the back of my head.

"It slipped out sure, but it was always meant to be Anna who I shared that statement with." She made a happily sad face and 'awed' at Zach's reflection as he visibly blushed. I could not believe everything that has been said in this car ride, but saying I was only happy would cut my excitement in half. Being around these two people is good for me. They are both equally generous people who have helped me through everything. I love them both.

"I love you too Zachary." He rolled just eyes but a sweet smile still appeared to his lips which parted and revealed his pearly whites.

"This time I'll accept Zachary but only because I'm too damn happy to complain." He was so bliss. "Can't believe you'd mess with such a beautiful moment." He joked.

"You guys, freaking stop. I'm going to cry." Ally was literally almost in tears as I reached across and hugged her lightly trying not to hinder her driving.

"I love you too Ally." I squeal as I've lightly hugged her.

"That did it definitively going to cry now." I only smiled and let a small laugh out before looking up to realize she actually had cried. But she looked happy not upset. I'm sure she and Amber were never actually like this. They were a lot more verbally abusive rather than caring.

By far, she was not a professional at this, the driving. So in my best opinion I decided to leave her alone and let her focus on the road. Teary eyed Ally doesn't sound very safe if you ask me.

I trusted Ally though and Zach is now the person who holds my heart in his big hand. In hopes he will not do what the person before him has done. Even if I wasn't dating that person, he hurt me. He also had my heart, to the bitter end he did. I just prayed Zach would not do the same. Zach's betrayal would hurt much worse.