Chapter 26

"No, she doesn't like that color." Zach continued. I do, purple was actually my favorite color. Jake has been around a lot longer than Zach of course he'd know this. Zach had never asked and he was certainly being hateful right now.

"Oh?" Jake laughed. "Yes she does." Zach shook his head and yanked the shirt from Jake. I'd wished he could just calm down, stop acting so childish and insecure. Wether or not I liked the color purple shouldn't have mattered, it didn't matter really. Finding out my favorite color was purple though, he wouldn't like that.

We were in a gift shop and they wanted to get Ally and I matching shirts. Ally and I ventured off seconds before their arguing began. Over a shirt. I was glad we weren't standing right next to them, the arguing would've continued but they'd be asking our advice on their side of things. Like we had to defend one of them, pick a side.

Jake yanked it back. "Look the matching shirts were my idea, you get her something. Something not purple, if it's so important to you." Zach clenched his jaw before letting go of the shirt and ending his toddler tantrum. Jake was right though, it was his idea.

"Fine, buy the damn shirts." He was being childish and extremely unreasonable. "And don't get all upset when you find out she doesn't like purple." Jake chuckled and continued to look around.

"Do you want to walk to the room and change into our swimsuits? Swimming somehow seems so much more interesting at the moment." Ally pointed out. I nodded my head in agreement and placed the keychain back on the display before walking out with her.

As she ventured down the hall to her room I opened the door to mine and Zachs. I opened the suit case placed in the recliner and pulled out the red swim suit I'd bought last week. It strapped down to my ribs and the shoulders flowed over. The bottoms also strapped up my waist. I left the sandals in my room as I made my way back to the door. "Anna! You done?" Ally called from my door. I opened it to reveal her black mesh one piece. The chest was mesh from her neck to cleavage, below her breast and right above her waist was mesh also. She twirled to show the back, completely open.

"Oh my gosh, that is so cute." Her smile grew as she stepped back before I walked out.

"I could say the same, where'd you get that?" She questioned. I shook my head, laughing internally.

"Uh..Jake bought it. From some store in the mall."

"Jake?" I nodded my head. "Your best friend, Jake?" I nodded again. "And when Zach ask?" I grabbed pressed a button to open the elevator door.

"You and I went shopping last week. The same time you bought yours." She smiled and nodded her head.  She knew all too well why I needed her to lie.

The pool was nice and in a round shape, people were scattered everywhere. After putting on my swim suit I felt very revealed, yet standing in front of the surrounding people. I felt very covered. There are females with swim bottoms very similar to thongs, I could almost see nipples. Some of the men were dressed in pantie like swim suits. I was honestly taken back. Shocked. I wasn't there to judge but I felt very uncomfortable. "Wow, these people really like being near naked huh?" I laughed.

"I'm saying." I replied to who I thought was Ally. It wasn't Ally, she also stared at the female with a disgusted look. The girl held her hand out for me to shake and I only looked at it. "I'm okay, actually." Ally grabbed my arm.

"We are actually just looking for lounge chairs. You have a good day now sweetheart." Ally pushed.

"My names Lilly." She continued.

"No one asked." Ally retaliated.

"Doesn't have to be a problem here." Lily reminded. She was the problem, actually.

"Darling, the only problem we have here is you. Hurry off now." Lilly rolled her eyes.

"Can't be friendly for two seconds? I've not done anything wrong."

"You fucked my boyfriend." I finally spoke, reminding her that I knew. Bystanders glanced over and she scoffed before storming off. My hands were literally shaking from adrenaline as Ally pulled me towards open loungers. "The audacity."

"At least you know now that she's not even cute." Her advance to making me feel better was sweet as I wrapped an arm around her after spreading my beach towel over the lounger.

"Thanks Ally." I hugged tighter. "You've always defended me." She squeezed back before letting go.

"Always, A. You're literally my best friend. I'd do anything for you. Even if it means getting arrested on a cruise ship for beating Lilly's ass." I laughed before she pulled a sunblock bottle out of her bag. "Here." I applied it to my revealed skin before passing it over and watching her do the same.

"Why is she even here?" Ally shrugged. "Someone must've told her Zach was coming. Such a stalker that girl is. I literally seen no one with her."

"That's that daddy's money. I know all about it, but I would've at least brought a friend." I nodded, uncertain. "Regardless to all of that nonsense, let's get in."

The water was warmed by the suns heat, but nothing hot. Easy to adjust to. "Well hello." Came from a man the voice was deep and calming. For a reply I only smiled. "Here on vacation?" He didn't seem strange or harmful just sincerely looking for someone to speak to.

"Sort of. My friends and I graduate soon so we wanted to do something together before then." He swam to the edge of the pool I was sitting on and placed his arms next to me.

"Ah, freshman?" I gave a weird glance.

"Senior." He seemed shocked.

"A senior in college?" I shook my head.

"Oh, highschool." He seemed shocked, to say the least.

"Yes." I smiled at his expression. "Is that bad."

"Do you plan to go to college?" He seemed very inquisitive.

"I do, I actually got accepted into Duke about a month ago." I'd not shared the news with anyone other than Ally, and only because she and I would attend together.

"That's interesting." Now I was starting to sketch myself out with his strange persona. I noticed he could tell before he began to speak again. "You will probably see me around campus." I was still sketched out by his reaction to things but didn't want to pass up the opportunity of a new friend in college.

"Oh yeah? You go to Duke? Let me guess, senior." He strained a noise before putting together a sentence.

"Not exactly, more like..if you take my class you will see me and you may also see me around sometimes." I could tell now, he was uncomfortable for nearly hitting on a near future student.

"Ahh..you're a professor?" I smiled before extending a hand. "Well, professor. I'm Anna." He let out a light chuckle and reached an arm over the other to shake my hand.

"Well, Anna. I'm professor Nate. Here you can just call me Nate. Not quiet your professor." His smile was very bright as the sun made me block my eyes, to bear it.

"Hey Anna." Nate looked up behind me and seemed to lose interest in our conversation instantly. "You didn't let me know you and Ally let the gift shop to come to the pool." I didn't really know I had to.

"You and Jake looked as though you two were having a blast, didn't want to ruin your fun." Although, now he'd ruined the fun of talking to my extremely handsome future professor. I'd also like to add to the fact that he is built, well. He couldn't be over twenty six.

After graduation, I'll have a class to look forward to, whatever class that may be. My luck, it'll be a class I'm not required to take.

Then I'll debate taking it. I probably will.