Chapter 25

How we got to this point after the chaotic love triangle, I'll never know I can't begin to understand what's happened here. I didn't put much thought into it though.

Junior prom night was great in all reality, but now we are here. Nearing the end of senior year, we will be walking the stage in a matter of a month. From that night things have taken a turn in a sense, it's better this way. In another, it's much worse. The entire friendship could blow up if I'm honest.

I never told Jake what happened between Zach and I. I didn't have to. The morning after prom he came to my favorite caffe to buy my latte, he never told me. It was supposed to be a surprise. I was there though, and I crushed him. When Jake walked into the small caffe, I was leaving but I didn't see him. Zach was sitting across from me and I kissed him as I stood to leave. Jake saw everything and the hatred was back.

Luckily it was short lived, this time. I did the same as when his mothers died and forced my way into his room I rambled on and on until he finally forgave me.

Here were are now though, my bestfriend is Jake and my boyfriend is Zach. Zach hates Jake, but he's invited Zach and I on a cruise with him. This was Jakes and my idea for our senior trip and he followed through with it. Neither of us expected Zach to be here too, but Jake knew I wouldn't go with out him. Things between Zach and I are different. I'm much more clingy. Even though he hasn't cheated in the year we've been back together, I'm still scared. Scared that he could cheat with anyone at any moment.

I didn't want to leave Ally though, even if it will only be for a week. I'll miss my bestfriend. Zach lifted our bags off the sidewalk and placed them in the trunk of my new car. Ally's father got us cars for our senior year. He got me a white Honda, hers is red. We went everywhere for awhile. "Where is Jake?" Zach mumbled. He was getting irritated in waiting for him. I hoped this trip would bring the two close together once again, but I didn't have much hope for it.

"Zach honey, he'll be here soon. I'm sure he's just packing." Ally opened the front door and grabbed her bag right from inside before pulling it closed. She was dressed for school. Black leggings and a light pink shirt. She stuck to her favorite alohas and evidentially frowned on her way to me.

"A whole week without my A baby." She wrapped her arms around me as Jakes dad dropped him off. "I don't think I can survive it." Ashley barged out of the front door and I remember her coming over drunk lastnight and sleeping in Ally's room, Ally got annoyed and marched down to my apartment. Ashley nearly stumbled out and covered her eyes almost hissing. "Nope, I know I can't survive it." Jake threw his bag in my trunk as his dad waved and told us to have a good time.

"Could you be careful?" Zach argued. Jake rolled his eyes.

"Doesn't look like you'll survive either, maybe I should come." Jake walked over to the two of us about to talk but of course Zach had to interrupt him.

"Could you come on?" Jake shoved his hand into his pocket and flipped Zach off with the other.

"Here." It was a ticket. "I bought it lastnight." Ally was visibly happier than I've seen her in a long while. "I was hoping you already had a passport though." She yanked her bag back off the concrete and ran inside to pack.

"Just how will I get to school?" Ashley uttered out.

"We'll drop you off." I explained to her. Hopefully we wouldn't be late to board. Ashley groaned as she climbed into my car. As soon as Jake got in she laid her head between his shoulder and the seat, blocking the sunlight from her eyes.

Not long after Ally came out excited and ran to load her bags. "An entire week on the ocean with Anna!" She exclaimed once she climbed into the back.

"Excuse me. I'll be there too." Zach remarked.

"Remember or not, I purchased everyone's tickets." Jake reminded. Zach rolled his eyes. I only smiled.

"Please shut up." Ashley scolded as the rest of us nearly choked on laughter and Zach turned the music volume up.

"What?" He mocked as we continued our way to drop her off. She used Jakes shoulder to muffle the sound and block the sun.

I had a feeling this trip was going to be one to remember seeing as though I'm going with my two bestfriends and my boyfriend who doesn't like one of them. All credit to Jake though, he's tried to give Zach a reason to like him. I wish they could just call it even and become friends. Constantly being in the middle of the two has been hard. I have to side with Zach even though half the time I should be siding with Jake. "And this is where I depart from my friends, who planned a senior trip without remembering the life of the party." Ashley grabbed Jakes sunglasses away from his collar and slapped his hand away when he tried to retrieve them. "It's the least you could do." She places then over her eyes and took her bag from Jake as she climbed out.

"I didn't know you wanted to go!" He exclaims.

"I don't." She retorts as she walks towards the front entry of the school. Ashley was like this, partied every night became a bitch the next morning. We loved her through it, we all loved her. She was right about one thing, she was the life of the party. Which is exactly why her coming on this cruise would have been a bad idea. They would've made us get off in the middle of the ocean.

"I think the four of us will have a great time." Ally chimed in.

"I don't." Zach responded with the same words Ashley had before we pulled away from her. I glared in his direction but only the side of his face was directed at me. He didnt get to see my glare.

"You don't have to go." Jake reminded him.

"Oh but I do." I grimaced at Zach and rolled my eyes before turning to the window.

"Actually you don't." I agreed with Jake, for once.

"Why not? So Jake can fu.."Ally threw her arms up almost choking on water from the bottle she'd brought with her.

"No!" She yelp. "Why don't we listen to the radio?" She leans across the console and turns the volume up offering a buffer between our argument and Zach's near reminder. His reminder that I had slept with my bestfriend.

Jake shifted in his seat, uncomfortably. I was also uncomfortable now. Zach just seemed pissed and Ally sat silently in her seat now. She was probably feeling many emotions but trying to be a neutral friend to all three of us.

For once I agreed with Jake, who was correct at the moment. Now Zach had a blur of images running through his head I'm sure. As well as Jake who I'd cheated on with Zach. I still feel bad about that whole incident.

This was never going to be a good idea and I don't know where I got the idea that it would be a good trip. These boys were going to kill each other.

There's no turning back now though. We have to follow through with it and I'd try my hardest to make it a good time.

A feeling deep down led me to believe Zach and Jake would always have a thick wall between them. They'd suffocate in each other's presence, trying to be there together for me. Tip toeing around me delicately hoping not to upset me.

I love them both, but this was getting much harder to deal with. It was getting hard to deal with either of the two.