Chapter 16

Waking up to have Zach in my bed was a blessing. I'd ached to be with him the entire eight teen hours he was away. His flight left him drained so I decided to get out of bed at 8 and leave him to sleep, I was glad he was here but I wouldn't force him to go on this field trip with us today. I couldn't. I'd let him sleep and if he wakes up and wants to be with us he will text me.

We ventured around the town with a tour guide for four hours before our teacher let us go off on our own for lunch. We knew we would be meeting up at the shopping mall in two hours. We would explore the fashion here. I chose a quaint little restaurant around the corner and Ally agreed to join me. This was the sweetest little cafe I'd been to.

"Two mocha lattes." Ally informed the small and beautiful waitress. Her smile was breathtaking and she had her hair pinned away from her face. Light colored strands hang loosely.

She wondered away while we looked over the menu. All of the food looked amazing, sounded even better. The smell of the restaurant though? It topped it all.

"Anna." I looked up to see Jake. I couldn't seem to get away from him. He didn't so much talk to me back home and now that we are across the world, I couldn't get him to leave me alone. All I wanted back home was for him to just speak to me and he couldn't do that.

"Christ." I moan. "Yes?" I clasp my hands together and pursue my lips, angrily waiting on him to speak.

"Can I talk to you?" I laugh and place my index finger and thumb across my forehead. "Please? I'll buy your lunch." To assume I'd let him. The audacity.

"No, you won't. What do you need to talk to me about?" He looks towards the glass doors.

"Can I speak to you, out there. We can sit at one of those tables. Away from such a big crowd." Ally growls under her breather and Jake shoots a glare in her direction. Why he needed to speak to me alone is questionable. He'd been so rude and arrogant last night when I confronted him. Maybe he assumed he needed to do the same, I refuse to believe an apology can come from this new version of him. Little did he know I could say so many more things to him if he were trying to confront me.

"Don't look at her like that. I'll go out there to see what you have to say. I'm not having lunch with you." Jakes face is unreadable. "Ally, I'll be right back. Tell them I want the number 6 on the menu." She sighs. She doesn't agree with this decision, she doesn't like a lot of my decisions.

I follow Jake to the table outside and sit across from him. "I knew this would be the restaurant you came to." He chuckled. "You love little hometown places like this." I didn't care what he remembered. What he knew. What he thought of. I wish he wouldn't think of me.

"Go ahead Jake, what do you have to say?" He glares at me, this isn't going anywhere. I'm not going to continue sitting here. Not with him and not in silence. When he doesn't start to speak, I'm about to stand up. He groans and grabs my wrist before I yank it away.

"Do not fucking touch me!" I scowl, earning a glance from the customers near by.

"Wait."

"I'm waiting. I'm almost fed up waiting." I throw my hands into the air, but not high. "Speak." I snap.

"Anna, I need to ask you something." I raise an eyebrow and place my hands under my chin. "Remember the day we were setting up for the volunteer movie thing?" I smiled as I crossed my arms on top of the table and leaned onto it. Of course I remembered that damn day. The day before all of this shit started. The day before Jake turned into what he is now.

"The day before you called me a whore, yeah I recall that day." He runs his hands through his hair and nervously moves in his seat. He grimaced, closing his eyes and glanced away from a moments time.