Chapter 13

Moving in with Ally was an adjustment but not very hard to do. I was so accustomed to living with my parents that I never really thought much of it but not being with them was strange. There was no reason to live with just one of the two as they constantly fought though.

Fighting each other over the house was one thing, fighting each other in general was fine then they began to fight over me?

But I had to remind myself it was never for me.

Just the same as Jake never fought for me. Sadly enough, six weeks ago if Jake would've fought for me and not against me, I would've forgiven him. The spiteful reality of Jake is though, he doesn't care about me and maybe he never did. He wanted me around when it benefited him, when I'd always be there for him to rely on. When he was offered the small amount of discourage that I'd be there for his every beckoning call, he hated me.

And I hated him for hating me. Maybe thinking about another guy isn't what I should be doing. Maybe I should be thinking of the guy who admitted he was in love with me just hours ago, the guy who helped me pack and is currently helping me unpack. "Anna?" The questioning call of my name alerted me and I looked up from the box displayed across the bed. Ally was staring at me holding something, she was holding a picture.

Months before Junior year my father took my mother and I to Hawaii. It was probably the best memory I have with them. Looking back now, I remember packing for the trip. I asked to invite Erica mother wasn't against the idea and although neither was my father he shot my entire idea down by responding, she won't come though.

I asked her anyway, thinking maybe our family could reconnect. Erica opened my Snapchat exactly three minutes after I sent it and never responded. I now understand her hatred towards my mother and my father. I do not understand her blatant ignorance of me. Her entire demeanor towards my existence. I've not do anything to her. "Is there anywhere special you want this?" I simply smiled at her question and I did know the greatest place in the room for a picture of such a lovely family.

I pointed to the trash can. Because that family no longer exists, perhaps it never did before. A broken, devastated, lost family. Zach rubs a hand across my shoulders and takes the framed photo from Ally. "Let me hold onto this until you think it over." Ive thought it over and I've processed it and I'm more than happy with my decision but I see what he's doing here so I nod my head, unsure of how to respond. He's wanting to put himself in the position of a hero, he can't in this sense. It's adorable that he's trying to for me.

A bold move of actually fighting for someone and the someone was me. "I think that's the best thing to do." Ally slices the momentary silence and grabs a few shoes out to put neatly in the closet. "Anyways, this being an apartment and you having a kitchen I suggest, you cook dinner tonight." Ally jokes. It must've been, I'm a horrible cook. I laugh and she stares at me.

"Ally, I can't cook."she rolls her eyes as Zach stares her down, intently.

"Ma'am she burnt Roman noodles, please do not laugh. She will try and she will fail." Ally looks between the two of us.

"Anna, I went and bought specific pastel dishes to cook in and eat out of for this kitchen, you will learn to cook." I desperately glance at Zach my tiny chance of savior.

"Keep me out of this." He looks at Ally. "And when you get her in the kitchen, I'll keep myself out of there too." He was not being sarcastic in the slightest, I really couldn't cook. I was horrible.

"I will teach you to cook and Zach will love me for it." He glances back at her before grabbing a few of my favorite books to place in the book shelf. "Don't come crying the me when she burns down your apartment kitchen." I laugh and throw the stuffed animal at him before he picks it up and makes it blow a kiss at me. "Can't believe you threw Daisy on the ground like that, you monster."