Chapter Three

First day of Junior year was basically nothing I thought it would be. Each following class repeated the one before it. Drama had apparently died down for my particular class and for that I was grateful. Now Jake, Rohan, Zach, Tyler, and I were waiting outside the conference room to speak to the student council. To 'pitch' as Jake calls it. Everyday this summer I have racked my mind trying to find something to do for the fundraiser. Then first period the dumbest person at our school outsmarted every idea I came up with. He probably didn't even thinking about it for more than two minutes.

"Anna." Sarah called as she opened the door. "You guys can come enlighten the council on your idea." I stood up first and the rest followed behind me. As always, they'll expect me to take hold of the responsibilities.

These boys won't even know what hit them the day they have to do anything for themselves.

"I'm going to tell you everything you need to know about the fundraiser then you can explain your idea." Veronica informed us. "The last month we were in school, a small village across the country had a forrest Fire. Seeing as though, it was only a small village they had no fire department. Buckets of water make it nearly impossible to put out such a big fire. The most they did was slow it down while other individuals evacuated. Ten men died in the fire protecting their women and children, and all belongings were destroyed. Burnt to a crisp. Our fundraiser is a part of the nation wide process of getting the village back on its feet. They are one of the very few completely naturally living places left. They don't want large buildings and businesses. Just good soil, and cabins along with their forrest back of course. They need all of these things for the survival they know and love. So tell me, what idea have you came to?"

"This summer I did research for two weeks on the process of the village, how it worked and how they lived. Most importantly I wanted to know the actual cost of getting them back on their feet. While most groups are going to offer to have people donate canned food and things as such. We have decided to do something beneficial for the village and for our school. I came up with several ideas but none of them jumped out at me really. This morning Rohan blurted out an idea that could just be a great way to kick off our year and to help support the village."

"Really? Rohan, let's hear this idea." Mark asked. He made it seem like a question actually, it was a statement. These guys were demanding. Always had to have it there way. They walked around these high school halls ways like they were legit government officials doing their jobs.

Rohan was typing on his phone until I pinched his arm. "Shit! What the fuck Anna?" He whines as he lifted his arm to look at it. When he finally caught realization that everyone was staring at him he looked up. "Oh." I snickered at the fact he was still rubbing the new forming bruise. "I just said maybe it would be fun to do a small movie night and for those who want to come they buy an entry ticket. We have concessions like for popcorn, hotdogs, sodas, or whatever we can get. All the profits go to the village." Veronica nodded her head.

"That is probably the best idea we've gotten today and you guys are our eleventh group to come in." Veronica informed us.

"I agree." Mark added.

"Second." Sarah wrote down things in what seemed to be a journal. Everyone turned to face the last person who'd been quiet the entire time.

"It's the best idea we've heard today, as said before." Brittany sighed. "I see no reason to turn the idea away." She sighed. "But we will need to be sure nothing goes on. No freshmen trying to cause a PDA scandal. No boys trying to work out any girl issues and no girls trying to get physical over some guy they've both been dating."

"Great. Saturday night the movie night will take place in the gym at 7:30. Concessions will need to be set up at 7 and be sure to have an attendance table to gather the tickets. We will print the tickets off tonight and leave them on the desk in front of the library for you guys. I plan to attend so make it a good movie."

"I hope you get the turn out you're looking for." Sarah looked over to Rohan who had already taken his phone out of his pocket to reply to a Snapchat from before we came into the conference room.

I popped Rohan in the back of the head and motioned towards Sarah before he sucked in a breath and ushered us to the hall. "Not a chance Anna."

"Why not?" It would make so much sense. Sarah has tutored Rohan in three subjects for going on two years. He can't tell me there's nothing there at all. The fact that he walks her to class sometimes and she ask for his assistance when she has things to do around the school. Something is up.

"Because Anna first of all look at her. Not even my type. Then think about the arguments we will have. She's telling me word for word exactly what I'm doing wrong but she's using such large words that I can't even fix it because I won't understand it." He was so confusing to me. He let out a sigh and looked back at his phone "besides I've  been talking to Amber for nearly two weeks now."

"Yeah and we all hate her." I state very loudly.

"Agreed." Tyler added.

"Correct." Jake stated.

"See exactly. She'd never be able to hang out with us because we can not stand her." I stopped walking and pulled him to a stop grabbing his collar and pulling him towards me. "And you know how mean we are to people we can't stand, Rohan." He removed my hand and acted like he was brushing dust away.

"She's not the way you think she is." Why did Rohan have to be so gullible?

"Come on Rohan, open your eyes." Zach whined. "She's a back stabbing, bitching, attention seeking whore." He threw his hands upward. "Why the hell would you want to get to know that?" At that moment I stopped arguing. Zach had over stepped a line. I didn't even know how to react to it. Not to mention Zach had slept with her last year in which I'd completely forgotten about and promise to tell no one.

"None of you know her. You only know what your mind will let you assume. If you'd open your mind to the thought of getting to know her you wouldn't be so angry about welcoming her to the group with us." The hurt look on his face poked at the fact we were being terrible friends at the moment, I had never seen Rohan so upset. I don't like Amber but maybe we should give her a shot, only for Rohan.

"Welcoming her to the group?" Jake huffed out a short laugh. "I'd be around her at school but she's not coming to my house until I know what your saying is true."

"That's all I'm asking is a legitimate chance for her." Rohan ended his argument as he climbed into his silver Nissan.

Rohan was one to change girlfriends more than my dad changed his mind about an opinion of one of his models outfits and that happened seven times before one show on a few occasions. I didn't really expect he and Amber to work out at least not for long.

I got into the passenger seat of Jakes car and he started it. "There's no way Amber is any different from what we assume." I nod my head at him and place my bag in the back. "But we have to give her at least one chance. Right?"

"You're asking?"

"Yes I'm asking because Anna I honestly don't know. We've been around the girl since kindergarten and she's never changed." I nod my head but still am unsure of what my answer should be.

In the fourth grade, I got a new bracelet for my birthday and when people complimented it for longer than a day Amber stole it tore the jewels off and placed it on my desk the next day. I was devastated.

In the eight grade she told everyone Jake tried to sleep with her at a party and cried when she rejected him, the truth is Jake and I were at his house watching Netflix because I was sick. Neither of us went to a party.

Again in the eight grade she tried to date Zach and when he wouldn't respond to her attempt she post his sisters nudes all over Snapchat for the entire school to see. His sister ended up being expelled until her mom over ruled it in court.

I understand Rohan likes her now and thinks it's not how she is, but I very well believe. We already know the truth behind Amber.