[ monument ].

As you slowly looked up at the odd pair you couldn't help but let your thoughts wonder about the two. How did this happen? They were both madly in love with the Uchiha, obviously, so how could they just forget about him and finally realize their worth?

"I—"

Before you could speak Sasuke grabbed your hand and pulled you behind him, as you stood awkwardly he turned back to you and mouthed the words "play along" you nodded your head in agreement and kept to yourself.

"Sorry she bumped into you two, me and (y/n) are on the way to the hospital, she has this horrible headache and we just wanna check up on it if it's strange" Sasuke said, interlocking his fingers with your own.

Sakura and Karin both 'ahh'd in understanding but afterwards raised their brow in suspicion.

"You do realize we're both medical nins, right? Including (y/n), she studies in the arts of ancient healing and chakra controlling techniques. Who needs the hospital, do you guys wanna come over to our office?"

Karin offered. The Uchiha stiffened for his sad excuse of a lie failed miserably, you shuffled a laugh at how shocked and hurt his expression was.

"Well you see—"

"Karin, Sakura, thank you for your kindness. But it's really not that serious, Sasuke just wants me to go just in case although I've already told him it's no big deal!"

You laughed with the two women who pulled you away from the Uchiha, you played along with it and swatted you're hand in the air as if trying to convince them your laughter was genuine. Sasuke sulked first a bit at how easily they could pull you away from him, even in your teenage mindset and adult life.

"Ah that Sasuke, always looking out for you. It's nice to see him care for someone like this, and I'm just happy it's you (y/n)-Chan!"

Karin chimed, pulling her face closer to your own. You were caught off guard at how Karin grew up, if this were the old days she would've been at your throat by now.

"I've never seen him this happy before, besides so nice to anyone! He almost killed me once, did I mention that before dear? He was a deranged lunatic!" Sakura chuckled at the thought and leaned on the redhead.

"Tell me that! I almost died" the two held their stomachs as they both reminisced those vivid memories. You and Sasuke stood on the side on edge, faking a laugh in an attemp to match the off energy they created in the atmosphere.

"It's a good thing (y/n) saved us once, if she didnt we wouldve pulled a Sasuke and seeked vengance!" Sakure playfully whispered to Karin, but loud enough for you and Sasuke to hear. You turned to your so called lover and raised a brow, he looked down at you placing a gentle hand above your head.

"I saved—"

"I'll explain in a quieter place, as of now we just have to ditch these two. Alright?" Sasuke's voice soothed you as his thumb massaged the top of your head. You blushed at the close contact and struggled to respond.

"O-Of course Sasuke-san...." you scuffled out. He chuckled lowly under his breath and turned to the two females, he grabbed your hand and interlocked your fingers with his.

"Anyway's we should really be going you two, we'll see you around later. You're still picking up your daughter at school, right?"

"Ah! You mean our adorable Sarada!" Sakura exclaimed, her face along with Karin's brightened up at the mention of their child's name "speaking of which, we should really be on our way Saku. See you two afterwards?" Karin finished for her other half.

"Yes, safe travels you two"

"You as well"

As the three bid each other goodbye you waved them off and walked in the opposite direction, Sasuke still holding tightly to your hand. You didn't make a sound but accepted the warmth you were engulfed in around the Uchiha.

As you two walked around the village waving at old comrades and exchanging small 'hello's with citizens from here to there, you finally stopped at the top of the vast Hokage mountains. Looking above the village.

Finally Sasuke let go of your hand, walking ahead of you to overlook the tiny people and houses before him. You stayed a few feet behind him and gazed at the dark haired man, his long hair blew in the wind and his coat he had over moved along to the breeze in ease. The only thing between you and him was the thick atmosphere and silence in the middle of you two.

"Do you know what this place is?"

He finally spoke, breaking the silence. He turned to you for an answer, only to get a shrug out of you. He stared into your oh so innocent eyes.

"You were beautiful that day" he started, inching towards you slowly. His hair covered his eyes so you couldn't see the intent he had "I was a monster, I could never understand why you'd accept a menace like me....." Sasuke's voice trailed as he finally reached you, standing directly above you. Your feet were glued to the ground and you couldn't go anywhere, you couldn't move in his intimidating presence "I always wondered why someone so wonderful and lively like you could possibly tolerate a sadist like me"

"Sasuke I—"

The Uchiha placed his large hand behind your back and held you closely by the waist, his free hand was on your right cheek, caressing his rough thumb against your soft skin.

"How could you still love me after everything I put you through?"

With his face now inches away from your own, you hesitated. He peered into your soul, you doing the same. You could see the world in his eyes, flashbacks and memories all came back to you as this man stood before your presence. This was deeper than any genjutsu and way different than any sharingan, this was your life. This was the love of your life.

This was your Sasuke Uchiha.

Before you could even notice your feet were sinking into the ground. Your body slowly fading away from the Uchiha, he forced himself to let you go as much to his dismay. It was painful for him.

"S-Sasuke! What's happening?!"

You shuffled around confused, the Uchiha did nothing but poked you in the center of your face, between your eyebrows.

"Don't worry (y/n), your time here is up...."

He sadly explained, his thumb trailing down your face.

"My time is up?! Sasuke no! I can't leave you again, you left me during that war I can't loose you again now. I just got you back!"

Sasuke frowned sadly, he recalled years ago the same thing happening to him as a teen. As your adult self left him and promised him reassurance and answers later when he was older, right now as everything was happening, he was now older. It was as if yesterday it happened, he could go play by play what occurred that day. Thinking about it made his heart sink.

Before he ever knew it, you were neck down in the ground, slowly sinking away. Your eyes peered up at him for an explanation, all you got was a reassuring smile which eased your nerves.

"I never left you (y/n), and I never will"

You vanished.