Chapter 2-Showtime

"5 minutes till showtime kids!" One of the teachers calls to us backstage. I'm shaking. I feel someone grabs my shoulders.
"Hey calm down." I realize it's Brandon in front of me. And that I'm crying.

"Hey you're okay. We're gonna do great." He says, wiping my tears."Thanks." I say wiping the rest away and giggling a little.

"EVERYONE GET IN POSITION." The same teacher from before calls again.

"First up, we have Emily, Brandon, and Josh, preforming a song called Hostage by Billie Eyelash." The announcer says. I almost pee myself from laughter. He pronounced her last name Eyelash. We walk on stage, getting into place. Right before I start singing, Brandon smiles at me, and we start.

———————————————————

"Woah, I didn't know you could sing like that Emily!" One of the popular girls, Jessica, tells me when I rush off stage.

"Umm thanks?" It comes out as more of a question.

"With a voice like that, you shouldn't be hanging out with those two losers." She says, looking in the direction of my two best friends.

"Who do you suggest I hang out with then? Because they're the least losers I see here." I walk away. I know, it didn't really make sense, but when I look back, Jessica looks shocked and really furious. So it's a win. I walk Over to my friends, hooking an arm through each of theirs.

"Let's get out of here." I say.

"Not so fast." I turn around only to be faced by Jessica, but she isn't really Jessica. She now has flaming hair, white skin, glowing red eyes, fangs, one prosthetic leg and one donkey leg and wings. 

"Umm, what is that?"I ask. Josh looks extremely nervous.

"An Empousai. I should've seen it. We need to go. Now." he mumbles the first part.

"Not so fast little Satyr." The Empousai wall towards us.

"What do you want?" I step in front.

"Well, I don't care for you much, but the others will be a tasty meal." Jessica says. Just then, something inside me clicked. My hand shot out towards her, and all of a sudden, she was surrounded by water. The water was drowning her. Just then, she erupted into flames and was gone. I put my hand down and the water went away.

"What........? Is this even possible?" Josh mumbles to himself."What just happened?" Brandon asks, looking right at me.

"I-I don't know. " I stumble.

"Grab your things. We need to go to Camp. Right. Now." Josh pulls us out of the school towards our houses.

———————————————————

As soon as we walk through my front door, my mom takes one look at us and immediately starts.... making food?

"Is it time?" She asks Josh. He nods. She gives a sad smile.

"What's happening? What camp? Where are we going?" I ask frantically.

"Sweetheart, go upstairs and pack a bag. You need to hurry. I'll take Brandon and Josh to Brandon's house for him to pack. Be back in a few." My mom says, taking the food she pack into the car with her.

"Pack lightly." Josh adds, stepping into the car with my mom. Brandon looks my in the eyes. I have a gut feeling that someone's going to be in trouble, so I just throw my arms around him. He hugs me back.

"Be safe k?" He says. I nod.

———————————————————

Well, I didn't get attacked. Neither did my friends. My mom gave the bag of food and all other important stuff to Josh, who didn't have anything for some reason.

"I'll drive you guys, but I can't go past the border at camp." My mom says.

"What do you mean?" I ask as she starts driving. We drive for about 20 minutes before she answers.

"This is going to be hard to believe, but your father was a god. Also.... you aren't really my child. I actually adopted you. I can't tell you much right now since we're here, but you'll both be safe here. Your mom knows what's going on Brandon. You two stay here for the summer. Try and come home okay?" My mom helps us out of the car, and hug everyone and kisses my forehead.

"Bye sweetheart." She says, getting into the car before I can respond.

"Welcome.... to Camp Half blood."