Chapter 16-We finally meet the Hunters

"HURRY!" Lou Ellen shrieks. We had just left Camp Jupiter this morning, after staying the night. We were currently being chased by a Hellhound. We're running through trees, and Lou Ellen is yelling orders at us. Suddenly, I have a plan. Right as I'm about to put it to action, the Hellhound bursts into golden dust, leaving a bunch of girls wearing silver parkas standing behind it.

"Who are you people?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. I notice that Lou Ellen, Cecil, and Josh were all bowing. 

"Well, I'm Thalia Grace, part of the Hunters of Artemis. I'll spare you my full title." One of the lead girls introduces. A 12 year old looking girl with auburn coloured hair steps forward. 

"I am Artemis. Yes, the goddess. I've been hearing about your quest, and have to put up with all of Hades's and Poseidon's arguing. Quite dramatic those two." Artemis rolls her eyes. Brandon and I scramble to bow before the goddess. We all get up.

"Sorry to cut this short, but we really should get going, Lady Artemis." Lou Ellen addresses the goddess, who nods in understanding. 

"Please, just stop this. Those brothers bickering never ends well for any of us." She agrees. We continue walking. Once we're out of earshot, I begin to talk again.

"Okay, this is as west as we can go." I state, stopping near the end of the forest. I turn around to ask everyone where we should go, and realize that there's no one behind me.