Chapter 17- If you thought it was bad before, it's worse now

I frantically start to search around. Maybe I got lost? Maybe they got lost? My thoughts are interrupted when there's a woosh sound beside me. I turn around to see a man. He has Sea Green eyes, kind of like Percy, a black trimmed beard, and long black hair. I immediately know, this is my dad. 

"Hello, Emily." He offers a smile. I'm so shocked, I don't even react for a full minute. Finally I come back to my senses, though I still don't know if I want to slap him or hug him. It probably wouldn't be smart to slap a god though. 

"Hi." I say. 

"Listen, I understand no amount of "sorry's" will fix this mess, and I know you probably don't like me right now, but I can still give you advice." He get's to the point.

"Where are my friends?" I ask. ignoring his offer.

"Well, Lou Ellen, Cecil and Josh think they got lost and they ran into Hermes, who must be giving them some sort of advice, and I'm assuming Brandon is talking with his father, but it's hard to tell." He answers. I nod slowly.

"Ok." I say.

"As I was saying, I can give you advice. Hades is really angry because of me. I understand that. But if someone doesn't stop this, there's going to be another war. The prophecy tells you to go west, and this forest is where you end. There's an entrance to the Underworld in the tree with the marking. You'll know it when you see it. The next part of the prophecy starts soon. Don't forget, don't eat anything in the Underworld." He smiles again and I'm alone in the woods again. I have to find my friends. I start walking. I walk for a few minutes before I hear something rustle in the bush. I pull out the sword I brought, getting in a fighting stance.  I'm about to lunge but stop myself when I notice Brandon is the one rustling in the bush. I press the button, turning it back into a flashlight. 

"You scared me!" I I say,, playfully slapping his arm. He grins and I roll my eyes. 

"I'm guessing you had a talk with your dad?" I ask as we start walking. He nods.

"Yeah. I know that Hermes was also talking to the other 3. My dad told me I shouldn't be near you. I'm just going to ignore that part though." He grabs my hand, swinging it back and forth. I smile to myself.

"My dad told me the entrance tot he Underworld is near here. Also that the next part of the prophecy will start soon. "Loose one to a sleepless rest"." I recite.

"What does that even mean?" He questions.

"I don't know, but it can't be good."