2

Chapter 2:
Curtesy Call

July 4, 2016--Malacanang Palace

3:30 pm when the newly elected Vice president Leni Robredo had done her first ever curtesy call on Malacanang,  wearing a simple sapphire colored dress under a printed coat with the design of typical bohemian pattern paired with a set of jewellery personally picked by her and to complete, a décolleté style of beige high heels.

"Good afternoon ma'am," Warm greetings from the president himself whilst widely smiling, welcoming her to the humble residence of the country's incumbent leaders.

Duterte chose not to wear the more formal barong tagalog, favoring an outfit he is more comfortable in – a collared shirt characteristically rolled up at the sleeves and tan pants.

"Good afternoon sir, nakaka-istorbo po ba ako?" Leni started to speak while simply following Digong as they walked through the hallways, being accompanied by their security details on the side.

"You really do like what you said, a lady with words..." Digong said to himself while seeing his vice president in such active mode to do all the talks and activities three days after their first meeting on camp Aguinaldo.

"Hindi ma'am, kailanman hindi ka istorbo... Hali ka po ma'am dito tayo." he replied formally while opening the door of the study room for Leni.

Once they entered the room, the press had no access to enter nor interfere with the said conversation--this was off the cam and radar of reporters.

Sincere thanks was given by Leni to Digong as she was asked to take her seat, "Salamat sir sa pagpaunlak nito,"

Digong was firmly hearing every word that escapes Leni's mouth after all he was so focused on her, "Sus, ano ka ba ma'am sabi ko you are always welcome." he jested.

Leni hand extended her hand to gently pat Digong out of elated feelings because of the assurance she heard thinking it was just a mere joke, "Sir naman," she stated while hiding a slight blush that surfaced to her face.

"Akala mo ba nagbibiro ako?" Digong asked while looking a straight face on Leni whilst taking his seat as well.

"Yun nga Sir, I thought you are joking but with that face now I realised that you are serious. My bad." Leni replied with an apologetic look and her hand holds the raspy hands of Digong.

Digong was stunned to see Leni take his face serious enough to make herself ask for an apology, he just broke into laughter as no words escape him.

Once Leni caught and comprehended the jester action of the president she held a chuckle out of her gasp, a minute of only exchange of laughter took place between the two.

Digong stopped at first as he took something from the door, it was a tray filled with snacks and beverage for them.

"Ma'am snack or merienda," he informed while personally placing the said tray of food on their table, "Kain ka na ma'am baka ayawan mo naman ako gaya ng isang araw," he added with a smirk on his face whole teasing Leni.

"Hindi naman ako umayaw noon, kakahiya lang kasi Sir,"she shyly replied while constantly blushing as she tried to cover it with her hands.

"Nahiya pa si ma'am tuloy, kain na po muna tayo bago tayo tumuloy sa mga seryosong usapan," he suggested while taking a small plate with moist cake on it and simply eating it.

Leni seconded the action as well making the room filled with silence for only the chewing and munching of food can be heard.

Couple of hour had passed and finally the formal conversation ended, "Sir, thank you for your time." Leni said with a genuine smile while sincerely looking at Digong.

Digong responded with a bow before he speaks, "Salamat rin po ma'am, hatid na kita..." he offered while opening the door for Leni.

"Sir huwag na po baka nakaka-abala na ako sa schedule mo." Leni rejected the offer politely.

"Ma'am naman eh, pangalawa palang natin itong pagkikita kaya bawat oras na nasa piling kita I want to be productive... Imagine kung magsasalita tayong dalawa patungo sa labas we can discuss more things." he commented but deep inside he only want to spend more time with Leni.

"See you soon ma'am...you'll be mine in our third meeting." he said to himself with a blissful feeling because of elated and thundering confidence after all he was like in a cloud nine everytime Leni waw near him.

"Mapilit eh, sige na nga pangulo."Leni shortly replied while walking beside the president once they left the room.

The horde of reporters was swarming outside waiting to get a chance to gain atleast a statement between the two country leaders, squeezing into one another after all they were too many.

Leni and Digong paused their conversation in front of them while cameramans took set of photos from head to toe, close up and even whole body some was candid shots that captured the wide smile of the vice president once Digong told something to her in whispers.

As Leni bent down slightly to shake his hand before leaving.

Digong said, "Please do not bow down. Nae-embarrass ako." he stopped Leni while he knew that he felt butterflies

"Goodbye sir," Leni bid her farewell once she entered her car, letting her half body be out of the window as she speaks.

"Ingat ma'am sa pag-uwi, until then goodbye." Digong stated while waving his hand accompanied with a soft smile painted on his face.

---

Leni's POV

My phone keep ringing inside my bag so I decided to answer it because it was Aika, my eldest daughter.

I didn't expect it to be as much welcome--he had done such great act.

"Hello, ma!" Aika exclaimed on the other line of the phone.

"Aika napatawag ka," I shortly replied.

"Kumusta ang unang bisita sa presidente?" She asked which silenced me for a second.

It was fine, he was fine.

"Why so concern Aika?" I answered with a question while sitting on the car and waiting to arrive on my residence.

"Ma, gusto ko lang malaman ang pinag-usapan niyo and how it goes." my daughter replied as I've observed the persistence on her voice, really wanting to know what happened.

If only I could say... He was very different like what the public say.

"Winelcome niya ako ng maayos and casual off cam and audio ang usapan namin Aika so I won't avail to tell it to you." I responded while heaving a sigh since it's truly confidential.

"Sige na ma, bye I'm on my shift now... Love you." She said her goodbyes afore ending the call.

Ang bait niya na man pala.

***

A/N: Chappy number 2 up. Tell me on the comments what do you think about what will happen next. Thank you for reading❤️