58

Chapter 58:
The Finale

People were frozen still once they saw the convoy of the president stopping after all it was the last day to file the certificate of candidacy to whom may run on his behalf and the partylist.

On the first care there they saw Sara with his husband Mans walking out of it and directly went inside but unfortunately was stopped by a group of reporters while still observing social distancing.

"Ikaw ba ang tatakbo sa partido?"

"Sino ang bise mo?"

"Bakit wala si president Duterte?"

Those were just the first set of questions that was asked to her as she just smiled widely and looked back to the next car.

As everyone's jaw had dropped when they saw the president coming out of the car while his hand was merely supporting a lady who was still inside.

The security was tighten in between them, as Digong faced them all with a wide smile to welcome them in this such momentous event of their life.

They all went in shock to see who was the woman that the president was holding into... Every cameras where focused as no one dare to speak nor breath--taken aback and lost for words on what they were staring at.

"V-" one reporter dared to open his mouth but he was overwhelmed on what was happening and unable to finish.

"Marhay na aga," she greeted confident with her monalisa smile made with a simple flip of her hair once the wind had blown.

Yes, she was the one and only vice president of the country now standing beside the incumbent president as they were holding hands and looking unfazed with a sure look.

There were no more questions as they walked in tha path of seamless people still in shock of what they just did for an entrance.

As soon as they finished, Leni dauntlessly stand in front of them all with grace and out of this world joy once she announced, "I, Maria Leonor Gerona Duterte will be running as your president."

That made the others mind-blown and be fascinated on what they just heard from her own mouth.

As everything ended after their exit.

Time was ticking fast and it was already January, the month when they would finally be introduced to the public as official candidates for the 2022 national elections.

But before that everyone had questioned the vice president why did she said her name with the president's surname on it but soon it became clear.

With this statement of hers and him.

"Sa pagkakaalam namin ma'am, you are married to DILG Secretary Robredo pero bakit Duterte ang sinabi mo?" the interviewer asked her on a live zoom between Leni, Digong and her.

They both smiled as Leni leaned over his husband and answered it while showing both of their hands with their rings on it.

"OMG! Oh my--Oh my goodness! Is this for real?" the interviewee exclaimed with sudden excitement that was seen fiery in her eyes.