33

A/N: Kakagising ko lang po, pasensya na hahaha. This chapter is very raw like the previous one, kakatapos ko lang po kasi wala ng check check hahaha basta may update bago mawalan ng load😂. Salamat po sa pagbasa, love lots❤️

***

Chapter 33:
Operation VP failed

Continuation:

"Is that so," Leni shortly replied as she raised a brow and crossed her arms.

The lady was still smiling beautifully, she wasn't intimidated nor scared in the presence of the second highest official of the Philippines.

"How long will you stay here? I mean in the OVP?" she asked twice while playing with the pen on her hand, waiting for an immediate reply.

"It depends madame vice president, if we immediately finish it then I can leave sooner." the lady responded with full confidence while slowly sliding off a set of files, approximately 20 folders with slides.

Leni slyly looked at the lady with an enthusiastic and delightful smile with bliss on her face,"Are you challenging me--miss?" she asked that refers to two questions, looking for the name of the lady she was talking to.

"Oh, how rude of me to forgot to introduce myself--Rosilia Hilario at your service, ma'am Leni."finally, Rosilia had introduced herself and made a hand shake gesture with the vp.

"Uhm... Ms. Rosilia can you please leave as alone for a minute?" Leni politely asked a favor while calling for the attention of her assistant.

Rosilia raised from her seat and bowed slightly before leaving the office for a while.

The assistant of Leni walked close to her as she already knew how her boss would say her command and that was through a whisper, benting her knees slightly and awaits for the order.

"Scan through this files and let's start working. I'm not comfortable with the presence of that lady." Leni whispered at once whilst she opened the files and also starts reading it.

Her assistant nodded and take a sit after receiving the word from her boss, flipping the pages one by one and reading its content with no details left behind.

Its been an hour as Rosilia hinted what was happening inside as she knocked thrice at the door and asked, "Ma'am can I enter now to do our work?"

"Ah, yes you may and we are almost done." Leni replied from the inside.

Rosilia just entered the room seeing the vice president with her assistant busy arranging, decoding, approving, reviewing and so on so forth to be done with the files which shocked her to see how fast Leni works. Henceforth she decided to dial a number and leave the office once more.

Leni who had seen such walk out of hers just let a laugh out her gasp and chuckle endlessly with amusement to see Rosilia's reaction.

"Ano na?" the man from the other line of the conversation asked Rosilia.

"Ganito ba talaga kabilis si ma'am Leni magtrabaho? Susmeyo pinalabas ako tapos mag-iisang oras patapos na," she reported and complained at the same time.

"Patay na, umalis ka na diyan bago ka pa mabuko..." his boss said his word which was abort mission at once.

Rosilia was quite confused on what was happening so she inquiried, "Ano po? Bakit? Sino ang mamamatay?" three questions at once.

"Ma'am Rosilia, please come in again... Ma'am Leni is looking for you," Leni's assistant called for her attention despite she wa sin between the call.

"Takbo na Rosilia, takbo huwag na huwag kang magpapahuli kay Leni." the man on the other line warned her as the call ended.

Rosilia was now completely lost on what she will do, without a choice she decided to face Leni again but this time her face was changed into a worry and fearful one.

Leni just smiled at her while closing the last file that was needed to be finished, "Now, miss Rosilia Hilario... Who sent you to be a spy on my office?" Leni asked calmly with composure as she didn't even bother to move out of her chair.

"I was send by no one, I'm merely doing my duties ma'am after being sent by the cabinet to send you this (referring to the files)..." Rosilia answered while gulping once Leni looked into her eyes directly.

Leni smiled at her again and again but she find it creepy and cringe since she didn't know a person to intimidate like this.

"I suggest for you to leave my office at once and bring this accomplished files to whoever may sent you, good day." Leni ordered her with a composed look while giving that bundle of folders.

Rosilia took it and immediately left running through the hallways like what his boss said, run Rosilia run before Leni caught you.

Once she's gone, Leni took down her pen and sigh out of relief, "Alam ko kung sino ang nagpadala sayo and I know what you're here for--" she was stopped for a while as she remembered Digong once again which turn her smile into a sad face.

--

Malacanang Palace

"Ano Rosilia, kumusta?" Bato questioned her once she arrived.

"Oo nga bakit ang aga mo naman, wala ka pa nga ng isang araw doon andito ka na ulit..."Jun added.

"Tumigil kayo, nalaman ni Leni ang plano natin..." Delfin popped the bubble of hope with that statement which made the other cabinet members to say in shock and unison, "Ano?!"

"Oo, nalaman ni ma'am agad-agad baka ayaw niya saakin noong una palang." Rosilia finally speak and reported.

Digong moved his head sideways in disagreement, "Halata naman ehh, Leni would never accept a lady like you wearing that one--" he commented while looking at Rosilia from head to toe.

Allergic si Leni sa mga kagaya mo...

"Bakit ka naman kasi nagsuot ng ganyan ehh sinabihan ka na namin!" Panelo scolded her.

"Sorry naman sir, kahit hindi niyo na ako bayaran basta itago niyo ako kapag hinanap ako ni ma'am..." Rosilia said cowardly which made everyone laugh.

And they spent the rest of the day laughing at their scrambled plan that was easily discovered by the witty vice president.

--

Digong's POV

Leni's decision and commands are not reversible. May salita siya and you underestimated the power of hers.

I can't help but to think of her and plot how to know the truth in what happened on her office that up to now it was still a mystery.

I thought of many plans but I know she will easily find loops and distinguish it was a mere action for her to be seen in the public once again.

Patawarin mo ako Leni, hindi ko na ulit gagawin yun. Ako'y maghihintay hanggang sa muli nating pagkikita kapag naging okay na ang lahat.

Sana hindi talaga totoo ang isyu mo para matapos na ang lahat ng 'to.

To be continued...