48

Chapter 48:
Left Unsolved or so?

It's been a month that had passed from the day Leni went back to the reception house and shut all the doors maybe including her heart for him after being wounded emotionally all through the years they been together.

Her name and side being the acclaimed as mastermind pushed her through her limits and made her decide she had enough, it's time to leave his side so avoid more pain from coming to her fragile self.

"Leni, ano na naman 'to?" he asked with a little bit hint of anger on his voice as it was raised.

She didn't bother to answer whilst she continued packing her things and the twins'. Her mind was racing a mile a minute because she was worried what might happen next but she still remains decided.

He took her face to see her eyes and he succeeded doing so, as he gazed into a puffy red eyes of hers as tears kept falling... "Ma'am, aayusin ko naman 'to--huwag mo akong iiwan kahit alam ko kung nasaan ka, dito ka lang." he pleaded.

She struggled to escape and she was victorious while being able to run downstairs without looking back.

But something was holding her back, she wasn't sure what was going on nevertheless she stopped that had given the chance for him to grab her again.

"Please, bigyan mo muna ako ng space and time to think all this through." She begged while carrying a bag containing all her children's needs as the twins were already in the car with their nanny.

"Bakit ka aalis? Pwede naman di bang dito ka pa rin pati mga anak natin?" He asked while not letting go of her even they were in the middle of the staircase.

She let her tears escape her grasp as she tries to smile but the pain was too much making her unable to fake a smile even a faint one,"Rodrigo, paki-usap...makikita mo pa naman ang mga anak natin but I just really need to be away from you--" she stopped while placing the bag down and made a pointing finger, heading through her heart saying "Masakit na, kapag may sumisira sa pangalan mo kanino lagi ang sisi? Diba saakin kasi possibling banta pa rin ako sa plano niyo kung sino man ang susunod sa yapak mo. Di mo lang nakikita dahil pilit kong inaalala dahil mahal kita, tinatago ko dahil ayaw kitang masaktan yun pala--"she wasn't able to finish as sadness and pain took over her. She was entirely crying out of somber and dispair.

"Leni, I'm so sorry kung hindi ko nakita na ganyan na pala kalala... Please let me explain." he begged and pleased while letting go of her so both of them can be safe downstairs.

But Leni run to the door as soon she was freed, she slowly revert her gaze to him and said out of sorrow,"There's nothing to explain, Mr. President." with cold eyes and treatment that was how she delivered her farewell, she made her heart an icy cold one that after all the problem she was in she shouldn't be affected anymore.

He was merely left with nothing as he watched her car drove off and away from him, with what happened he was in such forlorn of hope, broken-hearted and anguishly crying as he whispered into the air, "Ikaw ang pinili ng kampo kung maging presidente, wala ng ibang nararapat pa... I'm so sorry, Leni."

The issue was left unsolved nevertheless it was slowly out of the trend and been forgotten in a certain time but the damage to the couple had been done.

It was the day both highest official to attend the graduation of officers in Silang, Philippines. Even fate brought them together again after a month of avoiding one another.

"Okay lang ba 'tong dalawang ito?" Delfin questioned Bong who was sitting behind the president while pointing his finger to the couple who didn't even greeted one another with good afternoon or whatever.

Bong heaved a sigh while whispering back, "Mukhang hindi eh, ano kaya ang gagawin natin sa mag-asawang ito?" he stated while thinking of a solution.

Leni was looking away, straight to the crowd with her half meant smile to hide what she's feeling deep inside. She wasn't in the mood to say her greetings to the man beside him so she didn't even bother to look the other way to avoid any contact with him.

Meanwhile Digong was doing it as well, he didn't like to see the other way around just because he wanted to give her the space she wants despite he was so desperate to talk to her.

But with some cabinet members with them that were busy conspiring to one another had finally came into a consensus on what they will do to make these two love birds talk to each other.

Bong was the one in charge to make their plan worked as he tapped the shoulder of the two simultaneously so they would face one another.

She slowly turned around so as him as their eyes met after a long time.

When I look in to your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
Well there's so much to behold

Everything was slow, the time seems to stop once their eyes met that both caught them off guard and caused their hearts to beat fast while wanting to disappear or hide away the feeling surging through.

Digong initiated to talk even he was hesitating but he thought this was the perfect time, "Good afternoon ma'am, kumusta ka?" he shyly inquired while scratching his head.

Leni just smiled in reply and didn't even bother to open her mouth to speak.

With that, it was awkward for the two... Good thing he had another idea in mind.

Even though it was embarrassing, the president still did it, placing both of his fingers to his mouth and acted like a clown to make her do a wide smile.

"Smile na ma'am, I love you so much." he whispered while doing the hilarious act.

Later did that time, Leni showed her most genuine and sweetest smile that was wide and at bliss... She can't help but to laugh and her cheeks that was on fire because she was blushing.

"Ganyan ma'am, dapat naka smile hindi smile o simangot." he commented while also smiling because he was happy seeing her smile because of him again.

"Sorry din sir ha, by the kasama ko nga pala ang kambal." She happily replied with comfortable way of talking.

Maybe she did finally think over things that made her understand what was happening and forgive him at last after a short break.

He can't contain his joy and gladness as he hugged Leni without thinking they're in public as his eyes widened and scintillate with glee, "Thank you so much ma'am, uwi ka na ha... Mahal na mahal kita,"he whispered to her so the others won't hear it.

Leni just nodded in agreement while breaking off the embrace.

As they heard the graduates to cheer and yell saying,"Dubredo!Dubredo!"

Maybe the issue wasn't solved but the rift between this two had been mended and healed as their connection and bond was back and that was everything that matters most.