37

Chapter 37:

Surreal Sight

"Dok, mga ilang oras pa po ganyan si mama?" Aika was the one who asked the doctor as up till now Digong was still in shocked on what happened a while ago.

He kept his gaze to Leni who was currently asleep, finally at ease and away from pain she was in before; resting with such peace as her face was in bliss and relief. "Gising na ma'am magsosorry pa ako, babawi pa ako-magiging tatay pa ako uli...bangon na diyan at paki-batukan itong matanda mong pangulo," he whispered to himself while gently holding her hand and caress it from time to time.

"Mamaya po magigising na rin po si ma'am Leni and don't worry about her babies, they are healthy and strong in her womb despite her age which is quite impossible pero dahil healthy si ma'am it was possible; kumapit sa 1% chance of success rate." The doctor replied happily while patting Aika's back with a smile.

"A-ah ano po yun?" Jill entered the conversation as she just arrived to the room. She was shock to hear the doctor's diagnosis with the word babies on it which pertains to plural.

The doctor looked at Jill, Tricia and Aika before explaining furthermore, "The vice president is having a twin and please make sure she doesn't anger nor stress herself out because this might again."

The three simultaneously nodded as that thought made Leni's tres marias to gulped and looked away for a bit until their mind state snapped back to reality.

"Salamat po," Tricia cut the prevailing silence with a gratitude that sent the doctor off and leaving them with privacy.

To say, the hospital was currently heavily guarded due to the two highest official of the Philippines were on the same place, same room and specifically same spot. With this as always a horde of reporters were looking for a chance to enter the vicinity and capture some pictures with short interviews to the staff of St. Luke's Medical center.

"Tatay, narinig mo ba ang sinabi ng doctor?" Jill asked with such elated tone after being thrilled to hear the good news.

With what she said, the president was finally out of his solitude and back to the present saying, "Patawarin niyo ang tatay sa nagawa ko, sorry kasi dahil saakin nangyari ito sa mama niyo. Ako na ang gagawa ng paraan para matapos na 'to." He mumbled with an apologetic look and red puffy eyes that were swollen because he had been crying the whole hour already.

Tricia was looking at him awkwardly after she lost a bit of her trust due to what happened back then yet an extending arm was calling for her to be a part of a group hug which made her shrug off the negative thought she just had.

It was Digong who initiated the hug whilst immediately the bubbly warm Jillian had joined, then next, the ever caring eldest Aika and lastly, the hard to get yet only wants the best for their mom, Tricia—creating a family hug besides Leni.

"Bakit wala ako?" a voice was what they heard that questioned them as they didn't notice that Leni was already awake.

Leni was melting out of joyous feeling after watching a surreal act of love and care of a whole family like years before, reminiscing the past of hers with Jesse as tears starts to silently drop off her cheek with a wide soft smile.

"Sino ang nagsalita?" Digong queried after noticing the question of his beloved.

"Oo nga, tay sino kaya yun?" Aika seconded the joke of the president.

Jill acted like she's scared and whispered, "Baka minumulto na tayo, hala..."

Tricia just laughed at her siblings as she glanced towards her mother who was also giggling out of the happiness brought by this scene.

"Ay, multo na pala ako ngayon kaya invisible na ako pwede ko nang batukan si ate Jill at ate Aika—isabay na natin si pangulo na pala iyak..." she jested while folding a piece of paper and hitting the numerated persons gently.

"Aduy man ma'am masakit kaya," Digong complained while acting he was hurt like a child.

That gestures of his made the ladies burst into more laughter and giggles that filled the room with happiness making them felt they found their solace and ethereal place with this new family.

"Grabe man na drama, asus Rodrigo tigil-tigilan mo ako baka makunan ako sayo..." Leni indirectly warned him to change and don't be a hard-headed stubborn president.

But that statement of hers made Aika to be in such questioning look before inquiring to her mother, "Ma, alam mo na ba?" she asked concernly.

"Aika don't tell me I lost the baby?!" she asked with such worry because of overthinking once again.

"Mama no, ate Aika is asking if you already knew you are carrying a twin..."Tricia clarified as she knew her mother was confused and quite lost with an unfinished thought turned into a question.

Leni was stunned hearing it as she take a sit and process the whole thing at once but something else distracted her from doing so, it was Digong who hugged her from behind and acting clingy despite it was corny.

"Yes my love, we are having twins..."he responded with an embrace given to Leni.

But he was distanced away from Leni as she speaks, "May kasalanan ka pa saakin mr. president so don't be so sure that I'll just let you hug me without permission." She seriously commanded without a doubt while giving a sharp glare to the president.

"Patay na, baka alam ni ma'am na kami ang nagpadala ng babaeng yun." He worriedly thought as he knew Leni easily get jealous especially now.

"Sorry na ma'am, babawi ako sayo at sa mga butchukoy ko—ako na ang bahalang magpawalang sala sayo sa isyu na yun..." he promised while he falls into his knees, promising to do his best to end the matter that was encircling for too long.

But something made Leni laugh all of a sudden despite being mad and it was the word butchukoy used by the president as nickname for their unborn twins.

"Weird mo talaga no kahit kalian..." she commented while hugging a pillow.

"Now, mama time to get serious...I've read a set of files on your table and that was the investigation now tatay will help you—it's time to reveal the culprit," Tricia intruded making them to be on track once again.

--

Unidentified place

"Bakit hindi niyo sinigurado na hindi na kukutuban si Robredo at Duterte sa scandal na yun!" the mysterious person shouted at the two person who did the video.

"Ginawa naman po namin ang lahat, talagang matalino lang ang bise presidente—" the man who was on the video replied to his boss, unable to look at him in the eyes because of fear.

"Stupido," the mastermind scolded his men as he pointed a gun to the two, "Mga walang silbi," he added as he clicked the gun and shot the two dead on the spot.

To be continued... 

***

A/N : Another chapter up! kakatapos lang po nito kaya may errors as usual. See you on the next chapter(kung may maisulat pa hahaha). Good evening po, happy reading. love lots.