43

Chapter 43:
Penafrancia Festival

They decided to be in Villamor Airbase even before the sun rises and gaze it's presence to the world, it was only about 3 in the morning which was definitely dark and cold but this was the perfect time to leave so no one will see them doing so.

"Ma'am okay ka lang o do you need something?" he asked while looking at his wife who was hugging herself once they go outside the car.

It was quite chilly with the morning air blowing from the sea and the moist fog that was still there.

She just nodded in reply saying she's fine and well while holding her scarf placed around her neck.

He had decided to be beside her while they walked together, heading to their chopper as transportation to Naga City. He can't help but to smile seeing how excited his wife was to be back on her hometown after being so busy on her work.

He remembered he was with his loyal and obedient cabinet members that will surely help him with anything, making impossible to possible like their vacation on Naga. He had a short conversation with them to be sure everything was settled and secured.

"Everything is prepared right?" he asked on his office yesterday.

Bong replied first while being confident to their job saying, "Yes, mayor... Okay na po ang itinerary niyo ni ma'am sa Naga."

"We are sure everything is settled and you are clear to leave."Defense seconded with affirmation.

Despite the reassurance still doubts and worries claim to take over his thinking making him ask another question,"How about the security?" he queried with uncertainty.

"Sealed and secured, wala ka ng kailangan pang problemahin." Bato answered his last question.

He heave a sigh of relief and smiled, "Salamat sainyo dahil naging possible itong mangyari."he expressed his gratitude with a simple gesture.

As all of the other gentlemen in the room nodded in agreement and simultaneously speaking,"You're welcome,","Sus, no problem!", "Pasalubong ha..." said with different intonations and reactions but laughter surely dominates.

Reminiscing that scenario made him laugh which made Leni turned into him and look with a confused face.

"Wala lang ma'am, sige na matulog ka na ulit... forty-five minutes andoon na tayo sa bahay niyo,"he confidently stated while making her lean into his shoulder for her to rest.

She mouthed the word,"Daghan salamat," before shutting her eyes closed once again as she was in the comfort of his care.

Each second, minute that passed by was such sweet and romantic where he can't simply take his eyes off his beautiful sleeping lady.

Before the clock strikes four, they were already in Naga, as he decided to gently pat his wife's hand and kissed her cheeks to wake her up.

"Wakey, wakey... My lovely lady."he whispered in Leni's ear with calmness and gentle voice not to startle her of course.

"Welcome to your hometown, Vice president..." He happily enunciated with a wide smile painted on his face while he was so delighted to be in this place like her.

"Mr. President, this is Naga... The home of your vice president, your wife and your love..." she boasted with confidence while smiling at him.

"Welcome to the place where my heart first fall for a fallen man and now, you are here to my hometown, my love." she talked to the wind as it had just been swept away once another set of air blows through. She heave a sigh and smiled.