44

Chapter 44:
Came Unprepared

It's been a month after their short vacation in Naga City where both of them truly enjoy its wonders and diverse culture especially the spectating the crowd that cheers and showed passionate devotion to Penafrancia done by the devotees each year.

They can't forget how they had been sitting for long hours waiting for the Sacred Holy image to arrive back to her home as the mass started but those times where spent with sincere conversations and sweet giggles shared by one another.

Each of them prayed for different things but same intention which was only aiming the best for all people, peace and good health for each of their family members.

Now, it was October the supposed to be month for Leni to be the representative of the Philippines to attend the invitation of the president from United Arab Emirates but it was declined due to her current situation.

They both had a long day making them both exhausted and stressed from work and needed to rest in the comforts of their home after such a restless day.

The president just arrived to their home as he slammed the door to their room loudly which alerted his wife.

Startled by the noise, Leni slowly walked into him and ask, "Ikaw ba ang nagbang ng pinto?" she queried with a questioning look as her arms were crossed and a brow was raised.

"Sorry ma'am kung nalakasan," Digong answered shyly while slightly scratching his head with a shy smile.

She looked at him with a frown and displeasure, "Don't do it again, baka manganak nalang ako sa kaba," she warned him.

He just shyly smiled while hugging her to ease what he had done because even for him it was quite disturbing. "Dae ko na hihimuon otro ma'am, promise!--sorry kung sala-sala an akon gina-istorya,"he said abashly. (Hindi ko na gagawin ulit ma'am, promise!--sorry kung mali-mali ang pinagsasabi ko,)

She just smiled back in reassurance while she look back on their past encounter last September--a thought that played back in her mind way back when they were attending the mass, "Aking pangako ay tutuparin para sa iyo, aking mahal na Leonor." she remembered while softly smiling, thinking of it over and over again for the nth time.

"Talagang nagpapatutor ka ata kay Mia para makapagsalita ng bikol," she jested while laughing for a bit, "Sige na sir, baba na tayo kasi naka ready na ang table..." She finished as she left the room first.

He just nodded in reply, following her beloved wife in command to this territory which was their house.

Like what Leni said, everything was prepared so as their meal for this dinner. There were only two of them since Leni's kids wasn't around same as Digong's.

Also, their maids were off after 7 p.m. making them the alone with their security as usual which were standing on their posts because Digong requested some privacy at least.

The place was shouting with silence that no one dared to broke such vanquishing stillness. They just distracted themselves with their meal while eating and savouring each bite once it touches their salivary glands.

But a knock ruined the prevailing quietness since it was loud and forceful from the outside so Digong decided to open the door himself.