49

Chapter 49:
Slipped & Almost

The press was in such a hurry taking all the news for themselves as soon as they had heard that Vice president Leni Robredo as the appointed ICAD co-chairperson was removed from the position in the amidst of an ongoing event in the Philippines.

With this, many of them thought that the side of Digong used Leni as a diversion for all the mess and delays of the administration's preparation and job with what was currently happening on the South East Asian Games.

Now, it's December once again as the time flies fast more than we expect it as Leni was on her office with the twins since she didn't want to let her children be left unattended.

She was talking to the phone while walking back and forth on her room, "I understand," she told so after replying the man who was on the other line before ending the call.

A knock snapped her back to reality whilst opening the door by herself that soon revealed the president outside.

"Bakit ka andito? I know the reason behind my removal so no need to be sorry." She immediately informed him with a bit of annoyance and disappointment with matching rolling eyes of hers while arms crossed.

Digong moved closer to her and kissed her cheeks while giving her a bouquet of roses with a bag of her favourite snacks."Sorry na, babawi ako sayo, Love."he swooned over with a smile on his face.

From serious face with a quick change of aura had happened, "Sus, di ka naman mabiro... Okay lang yun basta I can be sure of my safety at ng kambal." She jolly responded as her mood immediately changed from bad to a good one.

The nanny then walked to the couple saying, "Ma'am, sir... Labas po muna ako." She shyly asked for permission to leave since she didn't wanted to intrude to the private time of the family in Leni's office.

Both of them nodded as Digong closed the door, meanwhile Leni placed the flowers on the vase.

He walked towards the crib and carried her daughter, Rara on his arms as it was reaching for his hair to play with that made him laugh to their one-year old child. "Saan tayo ma'am magpapasko?" he asked when he saw her watching to the calendar.

She didn't reply at first as she catched and stopped the very hyperactive son of hers that was crawling fast on the floor, "Kahit saan wala naman akong problema sir basta kompleto tayo lagi," simple reply and request as always from her.

He had an idea in mind as there was a smile on his face, "Davao naman tayo ngayon ma'am, sabihan mo na sina Aika na pupunta tayo doon ng sabay-sabay para maka-pamasyal naman sila ng mag-enjoy." he happily commented while poking the cheeks 9f her daughter.

She nodded, snuggling to her one and only son with ecstasy and joy that was painted, greatly shown on her face that was at ease and contented.

"It's settled then, pupunta na tayo bukas na bukas!" he exclaimed with enthusiasm while being excited to do what he had in mind.

But she was having a doubtful look on her face, "Bukas? May trabaho pa tayo? Di ba sabi mo bayan muna?" she asked thrice in a row without stop, not minding if she will be needing to catch her breath afterwards.

"Kaya tutulungan na kita sa trabaho mo kasi tapos ko na ang aking at ang iba dadalhin ko nalang," he answered well while still having that smile on.

She gazed at him with a with a questioning look as it seems to be suspicious especially with that smile on his face,"Bakit sa Davao? May surpresa ka naman 'no?" she questioned him with a sound of curiosity that was clear on the way she talked.

He shrug his shoulders off and heave a sigh before responding, "Wala man ma'am, wala na akong pera." he jested while laughing on his own answers.

Same as hers, she can't contain herself but to laugh thinking how come can the president of the Philippines go broke.

Indeed, as the day break starts they were already up and ready to go but like thee usual separate flights, separate time arrivals and separate accommodation rooms for both of them to hide their relationship from the public to avoid criticism and judgement for now.

Both of them wasn't able to have a direct flight to Davao so they had a quick stop on Cebu while waiting for the connecting flight.

Leni was with her daughters meanwhile Digong decided to handle the twins so she won't be encountering suspicions in case seen with a baby.

With the nanny, the twins were asleep on their strollers simply waiting on the airport so as he, sitting on a chair and checking his phones to see if Leni had messages for him.

But...

"Tat--I mean sir, president, what are you doing here po?" Jill asked once she saw him which she had almost slipped to call him tatay on public.

That caught the attention of some people in the same area which had a confused looked around their faces asking themselves,"Why is the daughter of the vice president seem to adress the president as tatay?"

It was left unanswered but they can't stop but to pry and continued to listen to the on going conversation as if it was very much interesting.

When Leni heard Jillian she had immediately turned her gaze to her back and saw him with the twins. Shocked to see it, she wasn't able to speak something as she knew each corners had cameras and the reporters seem to have a radar if these two meets.

She need to act natural without showing a trace of her nervousness, "Mr. President, good morning po... pauwi ka po ba ng Davao?" she asked to start a topic because some people also on that place were watching them closely.

He smiled and understood the signal given by hers, "Ah, opo ma'am, kayo po ba ng mga anak mo saan kayo magpapasko?" he inquired, acting he was really clueless about her destination and plans.

"Secret lang sir, bawal sabihin..."she jested while tapping Jill's back to speak again.

"I do understand ma'am, merry Christmas po and happy new year, "he greeted in advance with a jolly tone of voice.

"Sige po Mr. President, mauna na po kami. Babye," Jill politely told their farewell while walking away since they should be boarding by this time.

She looked back to him and smiled, "Mag-iingat ka, mauuna na kami doon sa bahay mo," she whispered that was only enough for him to hear it from that distance.

He just nodded and waved goodbye to the ladies she once talked to while focusing on his wife.

"Malapit ng matapos 'tong... Makakapagpakilala na rin tayo sa wakas ng wala ng tago-tago at sikreto--finally I can tell the world that you're mine," he thought as he cannot remove his sight to Leni.

To be continued...