20

A/N : congratulations saatin lahat, last week we reached top 1 for the unforeseen category, talagang tama ang title talagang di natin inakala ang mga rank ng story na 'to. Salamat po talaga ng marami. Love you all❤️

Before you read this chapter, I want to thank you vmommy for giving me the pointers on writing such fanfiction and to @Ianrobredo for always commenting and voting to this story, hope you'll like this one. Thank you for the support and everything, xoxo.

***

Chapter 20:
Lies beneath the Odds

Ground zero
May 24, 2017
10:00 pm

"Welcome to ground zero, Mr. president..." His head security said.

"Paki-inform ang mga kasama mo kay Leni na huwag na huwag sasabihin sa kanya na pumunta ako rito," Digong commanded with authoritarian voice and serious look.

"I'm sorry Leni, I have to do this." He whispered before heaving a sigh as he followed their guide.

It was a 10-minute walk until they reached their destination for all vehicles were restricted on that place to roam around as you'll be immediately shot by the rebels on the spot thinking you were part of the government making the situation no less like this one.

Despite the dangers of doing so, the president did what was necessary to save those innocent people being trapped between each attacks whether from the military or terrorist.

"Sana maging maayos ang pag-uusap namin, always remember Leni--I'd always love you that transcends till death and beyond." he said while entering the place where he and the terrorist leader would meet.

Meanwhile...

--

Reception House
Quezon City
Same time

Leni's POV

I can't help myself but to be worried, it's been 4 hours and he still hasn't answered any of my calls which was very unlike him.

Ngayon ka lang ganito, ano na kaya ang nangyari sayo.

I kept walking and walking in circles in the living room for I was scared and nervous for you safety until I stopped...

Para akong tangang naghihintay sa tawag at text mo, asan ka na ba?

"Ma upo ka nga, hilong-hilo na kami sayo..." my eldest child, Aika commented while holding my hand making me in a halt--unable to move.

"Ano ba mama ang nangyayari at aligaga ka?" Jill, my youngest daughter asked with a questioning look painted on her face.

I garnered some of my confidence to speak to avoid myself from stammering because of being sheepish at the moment, "Nakita niyo diba sa news, marawi is under siege--that's why mga anak." I answered.

Jillian just looked to her ates, she was a bit confused but Tricia explained, "It's about tatay... he is the commander in chief of the whole military brigade as president and mama here is nervous on the decisions of him."

Tricia took the point, I'm glad that I won't be needing to explain the situation. I tried calling Bong but not to avail he was unavailable as well.

"Tawagan mo kaya ma," Aika suggested while busy eating her popcorns.

"Oo nga ma, para hindi ka clueless dito." Jill seconded the idea.

"Ehh hindi nga sumasagot," I answered.