o n e

[ silhouette ]
0:58 ──♡───────── 3:47
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

Taehyung became a silhouette in Jeongguk's life. It was like he walked out of a photograph and left a black imprint of his outline. And sometimes the ache comes and goes in the most quiet moments, when Jeongguk is laying in bed, and the ceiling morphs into shapes of him. Taunting and teasing until he breaks.

He couldn't understand. How could he? He was given no explanation. But as time went on, he didn't find the need to. It was over. And he was done letting the thought of the older boy take over his life.

Seoul had always been very humid during the summer— something Jeongguk learnt when he moved there.

It rained today. And Jeongguk adored rain. It danced on his umbrella over his head and soaked the bottom of his jeans, deepening the denim to a stronger hue. The puddles invited play and reflected the gray sheet of the sky, forming little portals on the ground. If you stepped on it, maybe you'll slip and fall straight from the sky.

Jeongguk stopped in front of his townhouse, fiddling with his keys when the door flung open.

"Took you long enough." One of his roommates said, taking the paper bag from his hands and peering into them, "Ooo, you bought those lemon tarts."

"They're disgusting." Jeongguk replied, shaking his head as he kicked off his stomper boots. "I don't know why you like 'em so much."

His other roommate closed the door, turning to Jeongguk in concern. "Are you cold?" Apparently he cared less about the pastries.

"Nope, I'm good." The younger flashed Namjoon a toothy smile.

"We'll feast today, boys!" Seokjin rubbed his hands together like a greedy lunatic.

Jeongguk just snorted, turning to Namjoon and nudging his head towards the stairs. "You tame your boyfriend. I'm gonna go change."

Cold. The glass felt cold against his skin as Jeongguk leaned his forehead onto his bedroom window, picking two random raindrops to race each other down the smooth surface. He felt like being alone today, despite having brought home breakfast for his roommates (who he loved to death) and himself.

Sometimes he just wanted to evaporate into nothing. And Namjoon said it was okay to feel that way as long as he came back to him.

Jeongguk peeled his wet cardigan off his shoulders and hung it up to dry. He changed into another loose outfit and met his hyungs downstairs, who were both staring at him curiously.

"You have work today?" Namjoon asked, half a muffin in his mouth.

Jeongguk nodded. "I have a mid-day shift."

Seokjin pushed a plate across the counter. "Here's a lemon tart."

Jeongguk only sank down in his chair when he realized it was raspberry, not lemon, and that Seokjin was grinning mischievously at him.

"Yah, why are you so gloomy today?" Seokjin took another bite of his food.

"I'm not gloomy." Jeongguk defended, "My mood just adapted to the weather."

"So you're gloomy."

"No, I'm not." A pout made its way onto the younger's face.

Namjoon slapped Seokjin on the shoulder. "You know how he is."

"I know." Seokjin responded indignantly, "Just making sure he was okay. You didn't have to assault me."

Jeongguk cracked a small smile at that. He glanced at the clock. "I should go."

It was a little too early, but both his hyungs knew he enjoyed his long walks.

Namjoon handed him a napkin to wrap his pastry in. "We'll take care of dinner tonight."

"Bye, Gguk. Say hi to Yoongles for me."

Jeongguk laughed, already at the door. "He'll kill both of us if I called him that."

"Fair point."

Thank you for reading. I'll try my best with this one.

Please vote before continuing on to the next chapter >>>>