f o u r t e e n

[ talk ]
0:58 ──♡───────── 3:47
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

Taehyung hugged the cushion tighter. "Talk to me." He implored, "It'll distract the pain."

"You don't mind if I... ask you about stuff, right?"

Taehyung had a feeling he knew exactly what was coming. He nodded, encouraging.

"So what happened to your father?" Jeongguk asked. He sounded so scared.

Taehyung reached back blindly to rest a hand on his knee, soothing the boy with the gentle touch. "Someone broke into our place and shot him. To be honest, I'm not even surprised. That's what happens to people involved in the drug business."

"You weren't there, were you?" Jeongguk gasped, eyes wide with worry but still trying to focus on tattooing.

"No." Taehyung told him, "But as soon as I heard he was dead, I went to stay at a hotel. I didn't even go home to collect my stuff— I just hopped onto the next plane to Seoul and left as quick as I could. I didn't want to stay around and be dragged into the mess. And you know I'm not exactly close to my psychopathic family."

Jeongguk hummed in acknowledgement.

"So here I am." Taehyung said theatrically, "Keep talking."

"Um." Jeongguk racked his brain. "What... what happened after he made you leave me?" He felt the older give him a comforting squeeze on the knee.

"Well I—" Taehyung exhaled, and closed his eyes, "I went home, and cried... like a lot. My brother came in and started making fun of me, so I... may or may not have punched him in the face. And my father locked me outside for the night. It's a long story."

Jeongguk sucked air through gritted teeth, trying to curb his temper. "I hate your family."

"Makes the two of us."

"So that's it?" Jeongguk said, "They're gone for good?"

"Yeah. I changed my number. I didn't tell a soul about moving. They'll never find me." Jeongguk didn't need to see Taehyung's face to know he was beyond relieved. "Thank fuck. I don't ever need to associate myself with them." Suddenly the older winced, hand leaving Jeongguk to grasp at the pillow.

"You okay?" Jeongguk said softly, holding the tattoo gun away from his skin.

"Yeah, it's just— phew." Taehyung said meekly, then he made the most beautiful sound of laughter.

Without thinking, Jeongguk leaned forward and kissed the nape of Taehyung's neck. "You're doing great." He froze right after, unmoving as Taehyung lifted an eyebrow at him, pleasantly surprised by the gesture.

"I-uh."

A devious smile stretched across Taehyung's face, but he turned back around and let the younger continue.

There was a moment where Jeongguk had to collect himself before turning the machine on again. They let the buzzing fill the atmosphere.

Progress, Taehyung thought to himself.

"Jeongguk." He said.

"W-what?"

"I should try giving you a tattoo sometime." Taehyung smirked slightly, turning his head just enough for Jeongguk to see his side profile.

"That's not how it works. You'd have to at least learn how to draw."

"Maybe, but I can think of other ways to mark you."

There was a sharp intake of breath from the younger and the needle was removed again. Taehyung could now wheel around and face Jeongguk fully.

"Don't say that..." The poor boy murmured.

"Why not?"

"I'm supposed to concentrate."

"Mm." Taehyung watched complacently as Jeongguk ducked his head down. If it weren't for the gloves he would've been playing with his fingers. So easy to read. "Am I distracting you, baby?"

The younger quickly shook his head, still not meeting his gaze. "Tae... Turn back around."

The older obliged, still smirking, knowing this won't be the end of it.

Please vote before continuing on to the next chapter >>>>