t w e n t y - s i x

[ bar ]
0:58 ──♡───────── 3:47
↻      ◁ || ▷     ↺

Yoongi wasn't an alcoholic by any means, but he liked the way Sake singed his throat with its flaming jet-fuel flavor. He set the small glass of clear liquid back on the bar table with a thud and leaned back to grin at Hoseok. He always found it entertaining- the dazed state Hoseok falls into when he's drunk. Luckily, Yoongi was there to ensure he doesn't take it too far.

"Some of my coworkers said they'd show up." Hoseok said, slightly tipsy. "But I guess they all had other plans."

"Or they just couldn't handle you and your drunk episodes." Yoongi suggested, earning a smack on the shoulder and a laugh.

"Nah, Tae can handle it. He's seen me take shot after shot."

Yoongi took another sip. "Who?"

"Taehyung. One of my coworkers. He's usually my bar buddy but apparently he has a date today. With someone he didn't tell."

"Cute."

"Mm, Kim Taehyung?" came a new voice.

Yoongi craned his neck back to catch a glimpse of the three males seated next to them at the bar. Hoseok, being ever so friendly, was the first to speak- well, shout, over the blaring music.

"You know Taehyung?"

One of them nodded, confidence in his movements as he offered his hand to shake. Hoseok took it. "I'm his brother."

Hoseok gave him a look, perplexed. "Tae never mentioned a brother."

Gyu merely shrugged, propping an elbow onto the table. "Not surprised." He said nonchalantly.

Yoongi narrowed his eyes at him, noticing the resemblance between him and the stranger Jeongguk was talking to a few hours ago outside their shop. Same pitch black hair and sharp facial features. Yoongi had been suspicious ever since he watched the stranger kiss Jeongguk's hand and lead him away.

"Taehyung and I lost contact a while ago. I'm Gyu." He turned around abruptly and signaled for his two pals to leave. They obeyed.

Yoongi didn't have a clear memory of the stranger's face. And this guy, Gyu, as he claimed to be, looked pretty much like the same person under the distorted lighting of the party.

"I've seen you before, have I? With Jeongguk?" Yoongi asked before tilting his head back for another gulp.

Gyu blinked at him confusedly for a second. Then an odd smile stretched across his face. "Yeah. We're dating."

Yoongi broke into a coughing fit, hunching forward to grasp at the counter.

"You are?" Hoseok raised an eyebrow.

"Did he not tell you?"

"No." Hoseok said, "The kid's as sexually active as a street pole."

Yoongi smacked him on the head. "Don't say that." He croaked, throat raw.

"Sorry." Hoseok chuckled before turning back to Gyu. "I'm surprised you've lost contact with Tae, considering that Jeongguk actually knows him."

"I guess it never came up." Gyu crossed his legs and gave the pair a fleeting smile. "You guys seem to be friends with Tae. Mind giving me his number?"

Hoseok fished for his phone. "Sure."

But Yoongi grabbed him by the arm. "I don't trust him." And I don't trust your conscience when you're not perfectly sober, he wanted to add.

Gyu crossed his arms and straightened up, the sudden intimidation sending a chill up Yoongi's spine. But to Hoseok, he was just acting a little grumpy.

"C'mon, hyung." Hoseok said lightly, "He's with Jeongguk. You saw them with your own eyes."

Yoongi shook his head, then meet Gyu's eyes with an equally challenging glare. "Well, Jeongguk didn't seem that glad to see you earlier." He ridiculed.

"I know you don't know Taehyung well, but this is a long lost sibling reunion!" Hoseok continued.

The older stopped him again when Hoseok held his phone into view. He quickly drowned the rest of his drink, all the while clutching onto his friend's bicep and got off the stool. "Let's go, Hobi."

"But-"

Yoongi pushed Hoseok behind him and squared up to Gyu. "If you want your brother's number, you can ask Jeongguk yourself, assuming that he trusts you enough to give it to you." He tightened his jaw and jabbed a finger into his chest. "And I'm saying this because I know the boy well. He doesn't trust easily and has never talked about being in a relationship. Like ever. So if he ever comes running to me crying-" Yoongi's scowl hardened. "-expect a fist to your face."

"Oh shit." Hoseok laughed as he let the older drag him away, maneuvering through the crowd. "That was quite the speech, hyung. Eleven out of ten. Fuck, even I'm scared of you."

"I just don't like the idea of Jeongguk getting hurt." They made it out the front door, where Yoongi pulled out his car keys and gestured to the vehicle parked just across the street. "Want a ride home?"

"Eh. It's just past nine." Hoseok said, "My place isn't a far walk. I'll be fine. Thanks for keeping me sane, by the way."

Yoongi nodded. "Alright then. See you next time I see you."

They exchanged goodbyes and set off in different directions. Hoseok hummed a tune as he strolled down the semi-deserted streets, smart enough not to diminish his hearing by stuffing in earphones.

But not smart enough to realize he was being followed.

Please vote before continuing on to the next chapter >>>

I swear at this point I'm just updating daily
Next chapter is gonna be fluff fluff flufffff :))

I swear at this point I'm just updating dailyNext chapter is gonna be fluff fluff flufffff :))

Yoon and Hobi when they find out Kook is in a relationship