e i g h t e e n

[ time ]
0:58 ──♡───────── 3:47
↻      ◁ || ▷     ↺

"How're you so sure?" Jeongguk asked as he slammed the car door shut and faced the older.

"It's Seoul's largest botanic park." Taehyung answered easily. "It's bound to be somewhere." He held his hand out and smiled softly at Jeongguk, who took it with the shyness equivalent to a bunny. "Let's go."

It took an hour of navigating through gardens and greenhouses. Bonsai trees perfectly spaced on trimmed lawns in their wooden boxes. Small ponds with bridges over them so you can stop and look down at the lily pads. Flower beds were a riot of color, it's fragrance filling the air with sweetness.

"Tae!" came the younger's excited little squeal. Several people looked their way. "Tiger Flowers!"

Jeongguk was giddy, bouncing on his feet and he shot Taehyung a proud look for being the first one of the pair to locate them. Taehyung stood behind the younger and peered over his shoulder.

Shades of white and pink and orange, grouped together and blossoming with all its radiance. Little brown dots on the inside of its throughly spread petals. Taehyung smiled, moving in to back hug the boy when Jeongguk suddenly turned around.

"Lemme see your tattoo." He urged, going behind the older and gliding his hands up Taehyung's back. He hooked his fingers around the collar of his white v-neck shirt and tugged.

"I didn't know you were into exhibition." Taehyung retorted, lips turning up into a smirk.

To which Jeongguk just furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

Taehyung swallowed back a chuckle and gently grasped Jeongguk's wandering fingers. "I can't take my shirt off here."

"You don't have to." The younger's argued, "Just pull it down your shoulder."

"Fine."

Jeongguk's eyes darted between the exposed tattoo and the flowers, as if inspecting for any trace of error. Taehyung butted in immediately.

"It's beautiful, Ggukie. You did so well." He murmured, adjusting his shirt back in place.

"Thank you." Jeongguk replied directly, beaming. The lack of nervousness surprised Taehyung. "Now we should go find your birth flower." The younger willingly grabbed Taehyung's hand and led the way.

"My birth flower?" The older repeated.

Unfortunately carolina-allspices bloomed between late April and early July, so there weren't any of them to enjoy late-summer. Jeongguk seemed more disappointed than Taehyung and the older desperately wanted to kiss that frown away.

"Hey." Taehyung pinched a pouting Jeongguk under the chin. "We'll come back next year, okay?"

Next year, he said. Jeongguk became fuzzy with warmth. Taehyung was really dreaming of forever- or rather, living in that reality of forever.

"About what you asked this morning-" Jeongguk didn't even realize what he was saying before the words left his mouth. His eyes widened immediately.

Taehyung knew what the younger was referring to. He'd be lying if he said it hasn't been on his mind the whole day. What were they now? Was this even a date?

Seeing the sudden anxiety that flashed across Jeongguk's features, Taehyung cupped his baby's face tenderly. "Shh, it's okay." He cooed, "Whenever you're ready. We got all the time in the world."

Time.

Time had never been on their side. The fact that Taehyung was standing in front of him right now was some kind of miracle. Jeongguk felt relief pour onto his chest, losing himself in those brown, concerned eyes.

All the time in the world. No more running.

"I missed you."

God, everything was stumbling out on its own now.

"I really missed you, Tae." The younger breathed, voice cracking and eyes fluttering close.

Taehyung stilled, expression softening. "I missed you... too." He shifted his weight forward, their noses grazing each other's. And he wanted to cry over Jeongguk's words as the younger snaked his arms around his body and hugged him like his life depended on it. "I'll always wait for you. You know that."

Please vote before continuing on to the next chapter >>>

Can they all please step on me

STREAM DYNAMITE