t w e n t y - e i g h t

[ mole ]
0:58 ──♡───────── 3:47
↻      ◁ || ▷     ↺

Taehyung couldn't decide on whether he should fist pump the air or gawk at him for the rest of eternity.

"W-what?"

"You said it yourself." Jeongguk's voice grew smaller by the second, "When we're back at the car and the sun's setting- well I know it's already so close to dark but-"

"Oh god, Jeongguk." Taehyung closed the car door shut again. "You heard me? On the phone?"

The younger gave a shy, subtle nod.

"I thought you fell asleep."

The younger shook his head.

Taehyung was hesitant- which was strange because usually he would just leap at the rare opportunity. But seeing how anxious Jeongguk was, he knew he had to be gentle.

He brought his hand up steadily, resting it on the side of his face. "You'd let me kiss you?" Taehyung murmured. After all that I put you through?

Somehow Jeongguk knew exactly what he was thinking about. "I'm not scared of Gyu." He mumbled, each letter coated in determination as he leaned into the warmth of Taehyung's palm, "You said you'd protect me. I believe you."

Every word pulled on Taehyung's heartstrings. He wrapped an arm around the small of Jeongguk's back, pulling the younger flush against his body. Occasionally a car would speed by and breeze though his loose strands of hair. Taehyung swallowed hard, eyes darting over Jeongguk's gorgeous features as he desperately tried to remember what exactly he said that night.

I'll boop your nose

Taehyung couldn't help but smile cutely as he removed his hand from his cheek and poked at the younger's button nose. That mischievous gesture seemed to ease Jeongguk's nerves. His shoulders loosened as he beamed back at him.

The mole under your lips

His hand trailed down to his chin and Jeongguk tilted his head up almost immediately, as if he knew everything going on in the older's mind. It made Taehyung wonder if Jeongguk had took his bedtime story to heart and replayed it a hundred times over in his head.

So delicate, the way Taehyung hooked his fingers under his chin, the pad of his thumb brushing over the cute little hidden mole- then, almost teasingly, against his bottom lip.

And that cute dent on your left cheek

Taehyung's lips curved into another soft smile, caressing the little "imperfection" (as Jeongguk used to call it) on his skin. Suddenly he was transported back to those nights they spent in the younger's old bedroom. Where Jeongguk would do his homework with his tongue poking against his cheek in concentration. And Taehyung would just stare, elbow on the table, propping up his head- familiarizing himself with Jeongguk's little habits and unique characteristics.

His hand was cupping his cheek again, bringing Jeongguk a sense of comfort and reassurance he couldn't describe. In turn the younger placed his hand on Taehyung's shoulder, deliberately over the area of his tiger flower tattoo. It was unseen under the fabric of his shirt, but Jeongguk knew it was there. Perhaps he was the only one who would ever know of this secret.

"Are you sure, Jeonggukie?" Taehyung asked quietly, their breath mingling.

But before he could ever open his mouth to reply-

Jeongguk's ringtone chimed, disrupting the atmosphere they've created. The younger looked down at his cardigan pocket and started untangling himself from Taehyung.

"You have to be kidding me." God, he was so close to kissing him. "Don't answer." Taehyung practically begged.

Jeongguk gave him an apologetic look. "It's Jimin." He accepted the call. "Hyung? Hi, what's up?"

The older buried his face in his hands, groaning. "What does the martial arts midget want?"

Taehyung remained by Jeongguk's side awkwardly, trying to read off his expressions. He grew concerned when his eyes widened in worry and fright.

"Okay... Yeah sure. I'm still with him... We'll be over there pronto." Jeongguk finally hit end call.

"What happened?" Taehyung pressed.

"Hobi-hyung's hurt."

Please vote before continuing on to the next chapter >>>

I won't give it to you that easily hehe
You're allowed to yell at me :) ->

I won't give it to you that easily heheYou're allowed to yell at me :) ->