f o r t y - t h r e e

[ hug ]
0:58 ──♡───────── 3:47
↻      ◁ || ▷     ↺

Taehyung felt the wind being knocked out of him when Jeongguk threw his entire body weight into his arms, sobs ripping from his throat. The older's luggage toppled down next to him with a thud that didn't go unnoticed by the strangers around them.

"Gguk? What- what are you two doing here?"

Jeongguk felt Taehyung's hands grasp onto his biceps, and neither knew if he was about to push him away or pull him even closer.

"Taehyung." Jeongguk smiled up at him. The brightest, most carefree smile Taehyung had ever seen on his face. "You're staying."

"Jeong-"

"Your brother. Jimin had him locked up."

Taehyung frowned. "What?"

"Jimin locked him up, Taehyungie!" Jeongguk beamed at him, tear tracks on his rosy cheeks as he grabbed both of the older's hands and swung them back and forth like a child.

Taehyung didn't budge, still trying to make sense of the nonsense coming out of his Jeongguk's mouth. "Locked him up? Where? In his basement?"

Jimin scoffed, prying Jeongguk off the confused boy. "Clearly you're not emotionally stable enough to explain."

Jeongguk agreed, wiping at his eyes. "I'm really not."

"Gyu's arrested, Tae." The oldest told Taehyung nonchalantly, like it was the most natural thing in the world.

Taehyung's eyes narrowed. "Tell me you're fucking with me."

"Nope. The cops stormed into his apartment and found a shit load of drugs. You should've seen the look on his face when I showed up at the police station." Jimin gave him a little shove. "Also, fuck you for not answering your phone. We mistook you for someone else and both had miniature heart attacks when he disappeared."

Taehyung fished out his device and saw the missed calls, his mind running in circles. "A-are you serious? I'm- I'm really staying?"

"Gimme that plane ticket. We're throwing that shit away." Jimin announced, expecting it to be handed over in a jiffy. Instead what he got was a bone-crushing hug.

"Jimin." Taehyung said, voice cracking with emotion as he squeezed the older, "Jimin, thank you. I owe you- so fucking much. You've done so much for me and I didn't even get to say sorry for when Gyu-"

"It wasn't your fault." Jimin answered firmly. His eyes met Jeongguk's as he continued to speak. "I just want you both to be happy."

Taehyung pulled back slightly and motioned at Jeongguk, ushering him to join. "Fuck, come here." He whispered, hooking his arms around their shoulders and holding both of them close. "I don't deserve any of you."

Every memory from their school years and every promise they made as a trio suddenly came rushing back towards Taehyung like waves, soaking into his skin and flooding his veins. Some of it escaped through his tear ducts.

"I love you both so much." He murmured.

To which Jeongguk nuzzled into his neck and answered with a "I love you too".

"Ew gross."

Both Taehyung and Jeongguk reached over to hit Jimin, erupting into laughter.

"I'll let you two have your moment." Jimin said, grinning as he took a step back.

Taehyung grabbed at his arm. "Seriously, Jimin, I don't know how to repay you."

"Just don't fuck in my apartment next time." Jimin smirked when two jaws dropped. "What? You really think I wouldn't know? The room reeked of sex when I walked in. You should've left the windows open." He nodded, seemingly proud to have made that suggestion.

Taehyung opened his mouth to speak but no sound was produced.

"And plus there's hickeys all over Ggukie's neck and I know for a fact that he's a bottom."

Jeongguk's face was instantly painted a hue of crimson, pulling the collar of his hoodie up and shrinking behind Taehyung in embarrassment.

"See?" Jimin gestured theatrically towards the flustered boy. "Big bottom energy right there."

"Jimin." Jeongguk squeaked.

"Hickeys don't equal bottoms though." Taehyung noted.

"Mhm sure." The oldest of the three winked as he walked away, waving and drawing even more attention. "I'll wait for you love birds in the car... Happy kissing!"

Jeongguk visibly gulped.

"He's insane." Taehyung commented.

"I've been known."

The older turned to look at him attentively. Jeongguk stood stiff as Taehyung lifted his hand and stroked his cheek with the back of it, a tenderness he had already began to miss.

"I thought I was gonna lose you." Taehyung was smiling like an idiot. "Now I feel stupid for crying the whole way here."

"I don't blame you." Jeongguk replied, flicking the hair out of his eyes. "So..." He pursued his lips, squeezing the older's hand. "...what happens now?"

Taehyung grinned at him, then interlaced their fingers. "How do you feel about happy kissing?"

"I don't know." Jeongguk shrugged, tilting his head up to stare at the older smugly, "How 'bout we try and see?"

Taehyung didn't need to be told twice.

Please vote before continuing on to the next chapter >>>

Fuck I love them so much
Next chapter's gonna be the epilogue :,) and I'll be publishing it within the next 12 hours

Tell me if you enjoyed the book? -->