n i n e

[ trust ]
0:58 ──♡───────── 3:47
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

Jeongguk navigated through the mob of people as easily as a sheep through a pack of wolves, constantly shoving invading hands off him and gasping when someone had the audacity to grope him. He made it to the bar, almost out of breath, where it was less crowded.

"Want something?" The bartender asked the distressed boy.

"No thanks." Jeongguk croaked out, waving dismissively. He felt dizzy with all that was happening around him and gripped onto the edge of the stool.

"Woah there, you good?" came a voice.

Jeongguk looked up with difficultly to see a man with a very distinct face shape and cat-like eyes. The stranger took a seat in the stool next to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" The ravenette asked.

Jeongguk shuddered, feeling unwell.

"Hey!" He called for the bartender. "Get me some water." The stranger turned back to Jeongguk. "My name's Minho."

"Jeongguk." He answered shakily.

"Did you come here by yourself?" The ravenette seemed so genuinely worried that for once Jeongguk didn't feel preyed upon by the question.

"Not really. But I ditched them."

This Minho guy looked a tad relieved, hand still on Jeongguk's shoulder. "You should give them a call if you're not feeling well."

The bartender set a glass of water in front of them and Minho pushed it towards him. "Have it."

"Thanks." Jeongguk reached out and took the drink. But just as he was about to sip, a pair of large hands landed on his waist and pulled him off the stool. The glass was taken from him right after.

"Don't drink that." Taehyung growled into his ear.

Jeongguk looked confusingly up at the older, then at Minho, who stood up.

"Do you know him?" The ravenette directed the question at Jeongguk.

It took a second for the poor boy to process what was happening, so Taehyung beat him to it.

"Of course we know each other." The older's grip tightened on Jeongguk. "Right, baby?" He whispered to him and it sent a chill down the younger's spine.

Minho didn't seem convinced, so he waited for the other to answer.

Jeongguk gulped. "Yeah actually I do know him" were his last words before Taehyung dragged him away, maneuvering across the dance floor and out the front door, ignoring the stickiness of the wooden handle.

The music dulled and thumped against the closed door as the cold air enveloped the both of them. It was close to midnight.

"What the fuck, Tae." Jeongguk managed to get out once his thoughts were somewhat collected.

"What do you mean what the fuck?" The older scowled, still holding him by the waist. "You've clearly never been to a party before- Rule number one: you don't say yes when strangers offer drinks. He could've put ketamine in there for all you know."

Jeongguk didn't want to embarrass himself any further by asking what ketamine was. "He was just being nice."

"He was touching you—"

"That was my shoulder." Jeongguk felt the irritation flooding his veins. "He was holding me by the shoulder because I was about to fucking pass out and you can't blame me for feeling like shit after you and your pals pestered the living hell out of me—" He broke into a coughing fit, then shoved Taehyung away. "Hands off." His voice was hoarse.

A look of guilt flashed across the older's face but then he just rubbed his face and groaned. "I'll take you back to mine so you can have some water that isn't tampered with." Taehyung tried to reach for the younger's hand, but he pulled back.

"Who said I trust you?" Jeongguk blurted. It wasn't till the words escaped his lips that he realized what he had said.

This time Taehyung didn't try to hide the hurt on his face. He stiffened, hands falling to his sides. Because both of them knew— a decent percentage of that statement was true.

Something in Jeongguk's mind was screaming for him to storm back inside and potentially find Jimin or Hoseok or Yoongi or maybe even Minho— even a stranger appealed to him more as company compared to the person in front of him right now.

But then Taehyung spoke lowly. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have shouted."

Jeongguk met his eyes again, so full of sincerity.

"Come with me, Jeonggukie. I'll take care of you, I promise."

And the tenderness of his voice reeled Jeongguk in straight away. Nothing made sense when it was Taehyung. Nothing mattered when it was Taehyung. It was almost sickening how deeply attached Jeongguk was.

But he followed.

Lemme note that I'm actually not a Stray Kids stan. Like I know two songs and I've watched a few crack videos (that I died over) but I don't know them well enough to actually STAN them yet. Minho I'm familiar with because he's one of my best friend's bias.

Please vote before continuing on to the next chapter >>>>