f o r t y - o n e

[ arrested ]
0:58 ──♡───────── 3:47
↻      ◁ || ▷     ↺

"Where the fuck is Taehyung?"

Jeongguk jumped in his sleep, body jerking awake at the sudden intruder. It was cold. No warm body holding him close. Taehyung was gone.

Instead a midget stood at the doorway.

"Jimin?" The younger shot up.

Jimin ran up to him. "Where is Tae, Jeongguk?" He demanded.

Jeongguk looked around, his spirit dying out quick and not understanding the panic in the older's voice. "I... I guess he left." His chin quivered, and he expected Jimin to pull him into a hug, but instead he was grabbed by the arm and yanked out of bed. "Ji-"

"We're going to the fucking airport."

Jeongguk stumbled behind him, blinking rapidly in confusion as he was led out to the front door. "We are?"

"I'll explain in the car, Gguk. Please get a move on." Jimin shoved his feet into his shoes and prompted the younger to do the same.

"A-are we seeing Tae?" Jeongguk's brows were furrowed. "I don't think he'd want-"

"I'll explain in the car." Jimin repeated firmly.

"You don't even have a car- Jimin you're scaring me."

"Sorry." The older paused for a second just to give him a reassuring squeeze on the shoulders. "I borrowed Yoongi's car. Let's go, please?"

Next thing Jeongguk knew, he was sitting in the front passenger seat in sweats and sandals, seatbelt barely on before Jimin hit the gas.

The younger opened his mouth to speak but Jimin beat him to it.

"Gyu's been arrested."

Jeongguk's eyes widened and his jaw fell open. "W-what?"

"I kinda got him arrested." Jimin told him like that explained everything. His eyes remained glued to the road.

"What do you mean?"

"You know those- fucking hell does this guy even know how to drive?- sorry, you know those anti-kidnapping devices that girls need to carry around because we live in a society where boys will be boys?"

Jeongguk nodded dumbly.

"I teach a taekwondo. You know that." The older continued, "I teach self defense class and we give out those devices. I snuck one of those bad boys into Gyu's hoodie when we were fighting."

"You're lying." Jeongguk protested in disbelief, clutching onto his seat, "You- oh my god you're serious?"

"Gyu's gonna end up in custody. If we catch Tae before he boards that plane, he can stay."

He can stay.

"And I hope we do cause this son of a bitch isn't answering any of his calls." The amount of profanity spilling out of Jimin's mouth was a clear sign of how strung out he was.

"Why didn't you say something earlier?" Jeongguk wanted to punch him and strangle him in a hug at the same time.

"Because my dumb fuck of a brain didn't turn the tracker on. I thought it was hopeless." Jimin seethed, driving onto the highway before glancing at the younger, "But- Wanna hear something funny?"

"My emotions are too messed up right now to laugh."

"The dude turned it on himself." The older threw his head back and let out a chuckle, making the air around them a little easier to breathe. "He found it in his pocket and fiddled with it. He didn't know what it was. Nudged some buttons and poof. The police knocked down his door just minutes later, thinking he or someone was kidnapped."

"Jimin-"

"I spent an entire 24 hours at the fucking police station so if we don't reach Taehyung in time, I'll be the one throwing a tantrum over your boyfriend."

"Jimin." Jeongguk thought his heart might explode in the confinement of his ribcage. "I can't believe you did all this."

"Makes the two of us." Jimin laughed, "How fast can you run?"

"I'd gladly break my legs for Kim Taehyung." He was still a little sore, but of course he did not say that out loud.

"Good. We have to find him before he leaves through the security gate." Jimin declared, "I'm guessing he took the bus to the airport. Let's hope we're not too late."

Please vote before continuing on to the next chapter >>>

Hi y'all apparently I'm alive

Shorter chapter haha
Did I catch you off guard? Chapter 31: "He pushed his hand into the pocket of Gyu's hoodie, discarding an item inside"
Did you notice? :)