t h i r t y

[ lips ]
0:58 ──♡───────── 3:47
↻      ◁ || ▷     ↺

Taehyung finally swerved into Jeongguk's neighborhood and parked his car right outside his house, his bottom lip pink from nibbling at it the whole ride. He took his hands off the steering wheel and turned off the engine, the lamppost at the end of the street becoming their only dim light source. Taehyung seemed to be fighting something in his head.

The road was deserted, leaves rustling. Neither of them made a sound or attempted to leave the vehicle. They just sat there in a stony silence, Jeongguk's hands tucked neatly away on his lap as he pondered over whether or not this was his cue to get out and head home. The word Goodnight was at the tip of his tongue, but somehow he couldn't bring himself to leave Taehyung.

Taehyung racked his fingers through his hair, the action laced with a dose of frustration. He hung his head low, sighing loudly before turning towards the younger.

Jeongguk glanced at him, worried and antsy, barely having enough time to comprehend what was happening before Taehyung had reached over and pulled him in by the nape of his neck. Next thing he knew- Taehyung was kissing him.

Jeongguk's eyes shot open.

He kissed him almost feverishly, teeth clashing, finally continuing what they had started. Like all the emotions and heartburn that had piled up over the years was crushed between their lips. Taehyung threaded his fingers into the younger's hair, his other hand cupping on his left cheek, just as Jeongguk imagined.

Jeongguk couldn't work out a single thought, eyes fluttering shut as he became putty in the older's hands. It took him a few seconds to respond, groaning into Taehyung's mouth when he realized the obstacle in between them.

Another reason to hate that damn arm rest.

Apparently Taehyung took his little noises as something else cause now he was kissing him even harder, hand dropping down to grip and caress the younger's thigh. Jeongguk gasped as oxygen became inconsequential, wrapping his arms around Taehyung's neck and tilting his head, letting the older guide him.

"God you're beautiful." Taehyung panted out, leaning forward eagerly to capture his swollen lips again.

Jeongguk just hummed in acknowledgement, a little smile curving at the edge of his mouth.

Maybe it wasn't the prettiest kiss, with the moisture under their noses and the awkward way their bodies were twisted around in their seats. But after a year of deprivation, all that mattered was the fact that it was happening and it made everything hurt a little less.

Jeongguk's entire world was reduced to the way this boy's lips felt moving against his own. He was dissolving into nothingness, just as he always wanted to.

Suddenly he felt a wet touch on his face and he pulled back to watch as tears streamed steadily down Taehyung's cheeks. He was crying.

"T-tae?" The younger said in a broken whisper. The only time he had seen him cry was the night he left him.

"Jeongguk." Taehyung said in return, his smile wobbly, about to fall apart. He pecked him on the lips again before continuing, his voice hoarse. "I... kissed you." He said like he couldn't quite believe it.

But that didn't seem to be Jeongguk's first concern. "Why're you crying? Did I- did I do something wrong?"

"Gguk-ah, baby, no." Taehyung stroked his cheek, lips stuck out in a slight pout. He exhaled. It took a moment for him to gather himself and speak. He was frowning now, fear reflected in those misty eyes.

"You... you say you're not scared because you believe I'll protect you."

Jeongguk nodded numbly.

"What if I told you-" Taehyung suddenly choked back a sob, his chest contracting as he closed his eyes. "-told you that I'm scared? That the person who's supposed to be protecting you is so fucking scared?" A fresh pair of teardrops raced each other down to his chin at the confession.

Jeongguk pressed their foreheads together like he could somehow channel and absorb Taehyung's agony as his own. His heart clenched at the exhaustion laced in Taehyung's features. Of course he was exhausted. He had spent his whole life running from his family yet they kept coming for him. Jeongguk wanted to take away the pain, wanted to keep Taehyung afloat even if it meant drowning.

"What if I lose you again?"

Jeongguk inhaled sharply, shoulders tensing. "You're not losing me, okay? You're not."

"I don't know, Gguk." The older contradicted, "Look what I did to Hobi-hyung."

"It wasn't your fault."

"But it was."

"You'll stay with me and we'll fight this together." Jeongguk insisted. He brought his leg up to kneel on his seat, giving him the space to hug Taehyung properly and fisting the back of his shirt. He felt the warmth radiating off the older when he automatically snaked his arms around his back. "We can't give up now, Taehyungie. It's a miracle we're together."

Taehyung just murmured something unintelligible and kissed his cheekbone, burying his face in the pillow of Jeongguk's hair and breathing in his scent. His body craved for the way Jeongguk engulfed him and made him home in his arms.

Though no words were spoken, it was already sealed- they were partners, sweethearts, boyfriends, lovers, a cluster of raging hormones, whatever you want to call it. They were each other's, no matter what label.

Amidst all emotion thick in the air, Jeongguk suddenly came to a realization. "It was Minho, wasn't it?"

"What?" Taehyung loosened his hold so he could face him.

"It was Minho who took my phone and got your number the first time."

Taehyung nodded slowly when he recognized that he was right, allowing the hint of pride that showed on his face. Smart.

God I love you so much, he wanted to say. But he was cut off, again, by a familiar sound of a notification. A text from an unknown number.

At this point he just didn't want a phone anymore.

Heading to your boyfriend's house tae tae Maybe that'll teach you a thing or two about respect

Please vote before continuing on to the next chapter >>>

I'm giving up on gifs at this point LOL
And again I have no memes y'all I'm sorry school is kicking my ass I even deleted insta

We're over 4.3k and I'm still in shock
I'll never stop saying thank you